Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last person who reported he saw her was a neighbor who said she was running/walking at 7:30 pm. If this was the end of her run, hardly seems much of an opportunity for someone to abduct her on the run. But imho all indicators seem to point that she never made it back to the house. I wonder if only that one person reported seeing her running or if others did too.
AFAIK, there are at least 3 neighbors who have mentioned seeing her running across all the reporting since right after she disappeared.

The sheriff's call log - posted on their Facebook page - clearly shows that the Missing Persons report was at 5:56pm on July 19th. There is no mistake on when she was reported missing. When law enforcement thinks she went missing is an entirely different matter.
So, which piece of information is correct?

I keep getting a baaaaad feeling about the cornfields and how thick and tall the corn is at the moment. Someone could be in there and not be seen.

I have a terrible line of questions - what happens at harvest time if Mollie is in a cornfield? I have heard they are relying on buzzards to alert. What if she was buried would the buzzards alert?

So they found her red t- shirt she was scheduled to wear on the field trip. Or someone shirt was found by a lawn cutter.

It’s sad when I think this case is going on 3 weeks not 3 days. Usually the first X hours are the most vital for a positive outcome.

I don’t see a perp surrendering or admitting guilt this far along. I don’t see molly just walking out of a cornfield either; especially being without food/water for 3 weeks.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic....

I have a question for locals... are they issuing an amber alert type of electronic sign on the freeway for travelers to see/read while driving? Not just in the local town, but all over the state and connecting states?

I have a terrible line of questions - what happens at harvest time if Mollie is in a cornfield? I have heard they are relying on buzzards to alert. What if she was buried would the buzzards alert?

You can read the story about Laura Schwendemann who went missing from a small town in MN in the fall of 2015 under similarly suspicious circumstances. It was discussed in detail here. Her body was eventually recovered in a corn field by a farmer who, I believe, was combining corn and hit it with the combine.

I think it’s too early to make that determination yet. He’s a weird guy who is doing himself no favors by talking to the media. LE has talked to him for a reason though, so he’s worth talking about.
I agree it’s early, that’s why I say *seems.*

It’s almost like he’d be too obvious a choice.

So they found her red t- shirt she was scheduled to wear on the field trip. Or someone shirt was found by a lawn cutter.

The red shirt is a topic of much controversy. There have been reports that a shirt of Mollie's was found near the famous pig farm. Mollie's mom has said no clothes of hers have been recovered. What we don't know is when mom gave the interview to the DM.... hope that clears things up...( unlikely I know)

Not to mention Iowa does not have emancipated minors.

Wonder if that could be compounding/skewing the IOWA missing numbers? Teens who just want out of their situation and can't find relief through the courts and parents/guardians who may consider kids a meal ticket or... and report them missing. The teen/young adult, aka JUVENILE per IOWA's 2018 Annual Missing Person report, habitually is considered a runaway?

You are correct, he does not however appear to be very mentally stable. Just the fact that he'd continue to talk to reporters after multiple discussions with the FBI and that he doesn't appear to have invoked his 5th amendment rights strike me as very strange. I wonder if LE has looked into whether he is under psychiatric care.

We really have to be careful with tossing around terminology regarding the mental stability of someone we only know a TINY bit about. WC may, indeed, have a mental health disorder (though I would imagine, if that were the case, it would be in the court records along with the stalking charge -- as a defense). Or he may be on the high-functioning autism spectrum. Or he may just be incredibly awkward socially (and under incredible stress to boot).

What if WC is simply a diversion tactic on the part of LE? What if he has absolutely no idea what happened to Mollie?

He may very well end up being guilty, but this is America, and our justice system doesn't operate backwards: we aren't guilty until proven innocent; we are innocent until proven guilty.

You can read the story about Laura Schwendemann who went missing from a small town in MN in the fall of 2015 under similarly suspicious circumstances. It was discussed in detail here. Her body was eventually recovered in a corn field by a farmer who, I believe, was combining corn and hit it with the combine.
Laura died from a drug overdose though, and the crime was disposing of a body. From what I read atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3