Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just about to post about what are the odds a woman in her young to mid 20's was just found today in Iowa not that far from where Mollie went missing and her death is suspicious. What are the odds? Of course at first I thought it must be Mollie but now that it's not I wonder if it's from someone trying to taunt. Could it be a SK? Have there been other local murders with young 20 year olds in the area? Who was this now deceased woman? Where was she missing from? Had she been reported missing? When? Are there more young woman in this area missing? So many questions.

It is just plain weird. I have heard about a Davenport woman missing earlier in the summer. Let me see if there is info on it.

I read ''not'...my eyes are going....or my brain wanted no foul play. Hmm I read that over several times.

I agree with the "eye" factor. Lately my eyes have felt "stinging" and I know I've been spending more time than usual on the computer, following these threads.

Thank you again for posting the link to the article!

In regards to all the speculation about Siri... she also may have just not had Siri turned on. I am around Mollie's age and I personally do not have my Siri on and I know none of my friends do either. My mom, on the other hand, always uses Siri. Not sure if that's just coincidental or if there really is an age gap for those who use Siri. I even just said "Hey Siri" to my phone siting next to me to double check if it would still be activated, and it was not.

Will this change your mind to enable it? Also, do you know the procedures to silently activate 911 on your phone. If you don't please learn... the technology that provides us with so much connectivity and entertainment could save your life.

Does anyone know what model of iPhone she has? My iPhone X has an emergency feature that allows me to quickly hit a side button 5xs and it calls 911 and also alerts 2 emergency contacts that I have called 911. I have it set up to call my mom’s home number and text my husband’s cell phone. Of course you have to turn this feature on and fill out the contact info. I don’t know if this was an update for all iPhones or if it’s just on the X.
She has a 7. I read somewhere her mom said this.

Does anyone know what model of iPhone she has? My iPhone X has an emergency feature that allows me to quickly hit a side button 5xs and it calls 911 and also alerts 2 emergency contacts that I have called 911. I have it set up to call my mom’s home number and text my husband’s cell phone. Of course you have to turn this feature on and fill out the contact info. I don’t know if this was an update for all iPhones or if it’s just on the X.
One article IIRC, had said she had the iPhone 7s

So where do the area teens hang out at?

I know its not only rural older people there.

So I think someone is covering for there kid or relative. Jmo
Possible. We had a brief flurry of comments on prior thread a couple of days ago about the HS location and how it might have been possible that sporting events or pre season weight training or new student orientation had been going on at the time (actual football pre season hadn't started yet as someone checked the state website - but chat questions wondered what activities were going at the HS and not much info was publicly available). But, if this were HS kids possibly doing a grab of someone to scare them or for whatever reason then how do we get from HS kids taking someone to 15 FBI agents showing up in Brooklyn? Someone did point out that both of MT brothers wore tee shirts from the local HS football team at the 1st PC (haven't both graduated from HS?). This could just be local pride but the theory posed was that maybe they were sending a message. Unlikely/Low probability scenario, maybe, but something strange happened in this small town and it makes sense that there is a local connection of some sort and maybe this person hit on something as the HS has CCTV and gotten some attention from LE.

Search continues for missing UI Student

TV-9 received calls that investigators were out searching a hog farm in Guernsey on Sunday. We were not able to confirm that with investigators. Investigators plan on holding a news conference on Tuesday to give an update on the search.

Wait, this was posted today... is this another search at the same location? Or are they reposting old info?

Deleted. Unnecessary post.

Last edited:
Will this change your mind to enable it? Also, do you know the procedures to silently activate 911 on your phone. If you don't please learn... the technology that provides us with so much connectivity and entertainment could save your life.

I would definitely be more likely to silently active 911. I also have other things on my phone to alert authorities (I'm a worry wart!). If I was in a situation and being actively attacked/threatened I would personally be more afraid to say "siri call 911" out loud because I would be afraid of the attacker/whoever hearing and doing immediate and possibly deadly damage to make me quiet.

I don't have any studies to reference but I am certain that easy exposure to online *advertiser censored* has made the world a more dangerous place for women.
Boy do I agree with you. Not to mention movies like Saw, Wolf Creek, etc. If it is a local POI, maybe LE should be looking for someone drawn to these things.

Boy do I agree with you. Not to mention movies like Saw, Wolf Creek, etc. If it is a local POI, maybe LE should be looking for someone drawn to these things.
COMPLETE side note but one of my professors in college had done extensive research on the harms of *advertiser censored*, and it was actually very interesting to see how far-reaching the effects are when put into data that could be analyzed.

Wait, this was posted today... is this another search at the same location? Or are they reposting old info?

I'm curious as well. I've heard other chatter about this hog farm in Guerney and possibly some association with it and an individual loosely tied to this case on other forums.

Thanks so much for the picture. So the glass on the front door was shattered. Do you know how long after the incident your picture was taken? I'm still not convinced the 2 incidents aren't related. Has anyone been charged and are there any security cameras there? Thanks for your patience with my questions!
I’m interested in what the vandals may have seen which might provide a clue to Mollie’s disappearance.

As others have hinted at, keep in mind the missing list doesn’t account for people who are murdered or otherwise die without going missing first (or being reported as missing). So to know how unusual it is, you’d have to look at much wider stats.
Yes, that is true. But LE is saying the body found today is suspicious. So, we will have to see if they follow up on the circumstances of her situation (status: missing/murdered/etc.).

S
She has a gold colored IPhone 7 with a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tabitha Darden 3