Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for asking. I thought I had just missed it, but maybe it's something that never got posted. we can only copy 10% of an article, so a lot of things probably get missed on here. MOO

You're welcome. And yes, I'm aware of the copyright rule. From looking at your map, it looks like you're using Casey's as a sighting on 2nd Street. Is that right? I'm trying to understand if that is because they pulled video from there or if there was an actual sighting, because I've not been able to find anything about Casey's other than the video.

If she went east on W. Des Moines, south on Jackson, looped around farther south, she could also come east on W. Pershing to get back on Jackson.

Where does Orchard come in?

You're welcome. And yes, I'm aware of the copyright rule. From looking at your map, it looks like you're using Casey's as a sighting on 2nd Street. Is that right? I'm trying to understand if that is because they pulled video from there or if there was an actual sighting, because I've not been able to find anything about Casey's other than the video.
Actually, I haven't been using Casey's, I've been using the hardware store. You just have to go by Casey's to get there. Nothing has been said about her going past there, but I thought there could be some connection. With the bar right there - she may have caught someone's eye as she ran by. He could have tried talking to her a couple times along the way (maybe going around the block and coming back) and eventually just grabbed her. It may not be my best theory, but it's not my worst either. MOO

That's where I'm stuck too.

We know that CCTV from Casey's General Store was reviewed, but I haven't read anything about sightings at the store. Either Mollie was seen jogging past the store on her way to pick up the car and investigators are keeping absurdly quiet, or the footage is collected for another reason (most likely). Unless there is a sighting or tip from the store, I think we have to exclude Casey's General Store from Mollie's jogging route.

That also puts into question the 2nd Street reference. Is that location associated with Casey's General Store, or is that because she was seen on 2nd Str? I'm inclined to go with the known sightings of heading East on W. Pershing Dr., seen near the Funeral Home, and perhaps seen near the High School.

Yes- noted in prior posts, sighting between 11:30pm-1 am- black SUV, witness said that she told FBI in her interview. Someone here raised question- was law enforcement notified prior to FBI since their help came aprox. 6 days after Mollie went missing.

Actually, I haven't been using Casey's, I've been using the hardware store. You just have to go by Casey's to get there. Nothing has been said about her going past there, but I thought there could be some connection. With the bar right there - she may have caught someone's eye as she ran by. He could have tried talking to her a couple times along the way (maybe going around the block and coming back) and eventually just grabbed her. It may not be my best theory, but it's not my worst either. MOO

The True Value event is a report from the nearby barkeep shutting down the bar and noticing vandalism at the True Value hardware store. That does not have anything to do with Mollie's jogging route.

If anyone has information to add to Mollie's jogging route, in addition to heading East on W. Pershing Dr. and past the Funeral Home, please post.

That's where I'm stuck too.

We know that CCTV from Casey's General Store was reviewed, but I haven't read anything about sightings at the store. Either Mollie was seen jogging past the store on her way to pick up the car and investigators are keeping absurdly quiet, or the footage is collected for another reason (most likely). Unless there is a sighting or tip from the store, I think we have to exclude Casey's General Store from Mollie's jogging route.

That also puts into question the 2nd Street reference. Is that location associated with Casey's General Store, or is that because she was seen on 2nd Str? I'm inclined to go with the known sightings of heading East on W. Pershing Dr., seen near the Funeral Home, and perhaps seen near the High School.

They took about 12 hours of footage from Casey's according to the store manager. She said nobody at the store saw anything or anybody unusual, but she worked the day shift. I can find the audio if you haven't heard it or are interested.

RSBM. I agree with going with known sightings, but the high school also isn't known, right? It's just along the route to her mom's?

My speculation early on when the neighbor spoke about her either turning L or R on Jackson was that that was a separate walk en route to mom's after the primary run, but I don't know that any of the timing works with that theory. I think it probably doesn't.

I would also just remind people that her running route is likely in the 4-5+ mile range, you can't go by the time Google Maps gives you because that's walking.

I do think the running route is another thing that's going to be next to impossible for us to figure out but that LE probably has a pretty strong handle on, FWIW

Obligatory apology if this has already been discussed - there was a suspicious black SUV in the neighborhood the day MT went missing? Per Fox?
Suspicious black SUV circled neighborhood on night Mollie Tibbetts vanished, neighbor says

A black SUV was seen circling the Iowa neighborhood where Mollie Tibbetts was staying on the night she vanished, a neighbor revealed to Fox News on Sunday, in what could be a new clue to the college student's disappearance.

The driver went very slowly around the neighborhood the night of July 18, according to a young woman who lives a block away from the home of Tibbetts' boyfriend, Dalton Jack.

Between 11:30 p.m. and 1 a.m., the woman said she observed the suspicious vehicle. She told Fox News that she reported it to the FBI when she was questioned.

Okay, I gotcha. I remember reading your ideas earlier about the hardware store. I have slept since then, but apparently not enough, lol. I thought all the points on your map were actual sightings and I must have missed a lot!

Nonsense. CCTV was pulled from Caseys, not True Value. They are not at the same location.

The question is: where was Mollie when she her life was taken? Where ever she was, someone else was there at the same time. People will remember what they saw at that time if they know that the time matters.

This has been asked but I haven't seen an answer. Where is this 2nd streets sighting coming from? I haven't heard that one before. @Gunslinging Granny ?

Can't remember exact details, maybe someone else saw it and can help out. but basically "fake news"
RSBM - Unless it's in MSM, we can't discuss it here. I will say what you posted is different from other rumors I've read (and that illustrates why we can't discuss it, I suppose).

ETA: It can't be dismissed as "fake news" at this point based on verifiable information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members