Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been...it's been said here that she probably has many pairs, that she may have been wearing some and whatever was at the house were extras. It seems to be a mute point as no one has mentioned it recently. Not sure there would be a way for LE to know for sure either way. I personally have multiple pairs, some in cases that might make it appear as though I left them behind. Hope this helps!
I think from the timeline she was dropped off at the house around 5:30 (I guess after work?) if she wears contacts to work, she would have left them in for the run - that's what I do. Glasses slip once you start sweating. Unless she has solution she would have to remove them at some point. If she is being held I'm praying she has the basics, some water, food, etc.

I really don't think she'd leave voluntarily and leave her family and town to deal with this kind of mess this long. I guess anyone could snap but judging by what everyone said about her that knew her, I just don't see her doing that and seeing this kind of response and then just not getting in touch with anyone. I could see her voluntarily getting in a car with someone to get a ride that she knew but I can't see her running away on purpose
I think the theory is that she left willingly with someone she knows but now is being held from returning against her will.

So yes MT wouldn't just leave her family to deal with this for so long but her father inferred that she left on her own but now wants to return and is being prevented from doing so. She's not a true runaway in that she left for whatever reason and now wants to return but is being stopped from doing so.

Not saying that's what I believe, just clarifying the theory.

I would think that if she went off with someone she knew, she would have taken glasses and contacts. I’m not buying this line of thought.

I agree I can only see doing that if there was a family emergency or the house was on fire. Or a drug dealer was on his way and wanted his money and you didn't have it. None of which apply to Mollie.

All depends on the abductors motivation. There are some that want to possess and control their victims, not just sexually assault them and then eliminate evidence via murder. I go back to Phillip Garrido and Ariel Castro. They were kidnappers and sexual deviants but did not wish to kill their abductees. It was a completely about possession and control.
Here are some of his charges:

August 12, 2009, Harassment 1st degree (aggravated), Poweshiek, Iowa

December 28, 2009, Burglary 3rd degree, Class D felony, Poweshiek, Iowa

March 16, 2010, Harassment by personal contact, Poweshiek, Iowa

July 1, 2010, Violation of No Contact Order, Poweshiek Iowa

February 7, 2011, Violation of PO/No contact, Jasper, Iowa

January 3, 2014 Stalking, 1st offense (Aggravated), Marion, Iowa

May 3, 2015 Harassment 3rd degree, Iowa, Iowa

Marion County Sheriff's Report

If Mollie is still alive and being held someplace...how prevalent are storm cellars in this area? Although I would lean towards a hidden or covered up and maybe forgotten storm cellar. Obviously it would be somewhat difficult to hold somebody in a house shared with other people.

Very prevalent. Also most houses in that area have basements. There are lots of places she could be held, an no one would ever know.

At a bare minimum dad knows when she left. We’re trying to guess whether she went missing during her jog or after, dad knows that. That in itself would reveal a lot about the circumstances. And he might know more than that. And what he speculates is not going to contradict what he knows.

Yes, and individuals from school may be another place. I thought I had heard in the interview towards the end, that the father mentioned getting her back to school. Another poster had mentioned (and I don't remember who) that perhaps the interview was carefully scripted, and I thought it was interesting that he chose to say getting her back to school, instead of getting her home. Perhaps he was speaking to someone who relates to the importance of school. Of course it could simply be what came to his mind knowing that she is in school. Just thoughts, JMO

Hmm. If dad knows when she left, and mentioned getting her back into school rather than bringing her home, it almost sounds like he thinks an authority figure (teacher, someone who'd value education, etc) persuaded her to leave with him.

Something else we haven't considered (that I've seen) is that she was about to leave with her boyfriend to go to his brother's wedding in an exotic, romantic location. If someone else was in the picture (real or in his own mind) he may not have liked that too much and sprung into action.

JMO.

Last edited:
For those that think she is no longer with us, how do you take the dad's recent comments? Over the weekend I was thinking she was gone, mostly because of the increased interest in WC and the farm but the dad's comments have me thinking otherwise. The dad seems to be saying things really carefully, almost like he's sending a direct message to someone who may be involved

When he spoke at the last press conference (the day after the shirt [or whatever it was] was found) his whole demeanor changed and he seemed to be in great need of comfort, talking about how everyone has become like family, how much everyone means to him.

Whether or not the shirt turns out to have anything to do with Mollie, it seemed to have rattled him terribly and he's trying to find a way that explains her absence without it being the worst. That's my take, anyway. I so wish Mollie could come home alive and well but I'm very much doubtful it will have that end.

It has been...it's been said here that she probably has many pairs, that she may have been wearing some and whatever was at the house were extras. It seems to be a mute point as no one has mentioned it recently. Not sure there would be a way for LE to know for sure either way. I personally have multiple pairs, some in cases that might make it appear as though I left them behind. Hope this helps!
The point is she needed to wear something to be able to see while she jogged.

Interesting new developments. If Dad's plea was sanctioned by LE, it puts a whole new spin on this case. Their silence in view of a kidnapping, makes sense. They wouldn't want that person to panic and harm Mollie. Silence would protect her. I'm not sure now that anything in this case is as I thought it was.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this morbid end of the possibility spectrum......so I will.....though I hope and pray it doesn't happen......

If she's deceased - the worst case (in my mind) would be that she could be buried deeply in the middle of a cornfield and would never be found.

For those of us that are familiar with corn fields know - you would definitely have enough room and time to dig a deep enough grave - without any chance of being detected (once you're safely in the field) - especially given MT's height and weight.

With the rains we're sure to get before harvest - that will help to further conceal the grave.

I truly hate to bring this up - but all options/outcomes should be considered.

I'm sure LE has considered this scenario (along with a lot of you as well) and this obviously provides more of an incentive to get her HOME ASAP!!!!
I

If that’s the case as in the late 60s and working in our farm I recall a lot. After harvest the ground is turned. Depending on the rotation and what is to be planted the following crop, a plow can go pretty deep. I know as I plowed many years.

Also by air LE is looking for areas in any planted field that are disturbed. And That would most likely cause a pattern disturbance even in tall crops because all crops generally are planted close together for a high yield.

I also tend to believe after 3 weeks she is dead. It means a very sad end to this story. Statistically the best resolution would have been the very few early days.

Law enforcement knows the stats and I recently read them again. It’s very unlikely she is going to come home alive, and I am almost ready to conclude they may not find her.

I’m hoping her name is not added to the missing along interstate 80. The serial killers active in that highway corridor are believed to number a few. Some are long haul truckers who are very difficult to track. (FBI stats)

And I believe I 80 is within 5 or so mikes of Brooklyn. There are trucks in and out of that area with loads to meat processors and pig plants. A truck in that general area wouldn’t raise any suspicion at all. And there’s plenty of room to hide a petite female.

The only grace is most loads withmeat as cargo are sealed for theft.

I can only hope they were able to obtain info from her phone and Fitbit. Most likely the reason they are targeting searches.

All depends on the abductors motivation. There are some that want to possess and control their victims, not just sexually assault them and then eliminate evidence via murder. I go back to Phillip Garrido and Ariel Castro. They were kidnappers and sexual deviants but did not wish to kill their abductees. It was a completely about possession and control.
correct

Question: In regards to WC's past history with LE. Did his past encounters with LE deal with random women of chance or women from past relationships of one sort or another. I believe I read they were from past relationships? IMO that would be telling. Honestly I really am leaning towards somebody is aware of his past and using it as a ploy. Like they say, "perception is not always reality". Of course I could be completely wrong here.

It makes no difference to be honest, stalking is the number one predictor of femicide. Stalking, assault, thinking you are above the law are all characteristics that make him a dangerous man one way or another.

"This was all a big misunderstanding" is the door that's being left open, & this is sound strategy. I feel encouraged for the first time since this all happened. Please contact LE, whoever is out there. This can be over soon if you want it.

Kapua,
I'm with you in regards to WC. I'm playing devil's advocate here for just one second and asking this: Who's to say WC doesn't have more than one phone? It's no uncommon for some to have more than one phone. Is that something LE could verify? It could be a phone obtained through other sources. I'm not a IT person and no clue how pings, cell phone towers, etc. work other than the basics. Again, just throwing it out there and thinking outside the box. Probably not that case and I hold the same thoughts as you in regards to WC.

I also have not figured out why we only get her clothese description while she jogged and the earbuds part gets left out. Would you not think that would be part of the description. Also no mention of any jewelry, earrings etc..

Here are some of his charges:

August 12, 2009, Harassment 1st degree (aggravated), Poweshiek, Iowa

December 28, 2009, Burglary 3rd degree, Class D felony, Poweshiek, Iowa

March 16, 2010, Harassment by personal contact, Poweshiek, Iowa

July 1, 2010, Violation of No Contact Order, Poweshiek Iowa

February 7, 2011, Violation of PO/No contact, Jasper, Iowa

January 3, 2014 Stalking, 1st offense (Aggravated), Marion, Iowa

May 3, 2015 Harassment 3rd degree, Iowa, Iowa

Marion County Sheriff's Report
Both Garrido and Castro were charged with and convicted of sexual assault prior to going the extra length to kidnapping someone. Castro also had a very violent history and had previously broken a woman's arm, nose and ribs in addition to frequently taking his daughter without permission. Garrido kidnapped a woman and raped her repeatedly.

WC certainly has a colorful legal history and he seems like a rather dim guy but his charges aren't to the same degree as those two. Not saying he isn't capable of something like kidnapping and sexual assault but Castro and Garrido's profiles fit a perpetrator of such a crime to a T. WC's kinda sorta fits if you look at it right.

Question: In regards to WC's past history with LE. Did his past encounters with LE deal with random women of chance or women from past relationships of one sort or another. I believe I read they were from past relationships? IMO that would be telling. Honestly I really am leaning towards somebody is aware of his past and using it as a ploy. Like they say, "perception is not always reality". Of course I could be completely wrong here.

Read WC 5 Fast Facts You Need to know on p.1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member