Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the inference some are making is that she left voluntarily, but wanted to make it look like she went missing. In other words, she wanted out of her present life, but didn't want to tell anyone or explain. Just wanted to disappear.

It's also possible that she voluntarily got in a vehicle with someone she knew, intending to be helping that person or persons only for a few minutes. (For example, as she's been described as highly empatheticbeing a listening ear for a bit because the individual(s) was or were obviously upset.)

Here is where the discrepancy or misunderstanding of the relationship would come in in this scenario. MT is expecting to be gone only a few minutes, but the driver of the vehicle has been building in his mind a relationship that really isn't there.

At some point they argue over this discrepancy, perhaps on the way to where he thought MT would voluntarily and willingly stay with him. Suddenly they are there, but she wants to go home and he is afraid and he doesn't know how to get out of this.

Ok so I did a little experiment using my friend’s/neighbor’s cornfield. My 2 boys are standing right inside the field, in the first picture and you can’t see them whatsoever. Look how thick it is.. can you imagine how hard it would be to spot a body in one? Even from above.

21njwqf.jpg

2efmjhv.jpg

2ymfxgp.jpg

I used Tinypic so I hope these work...

She posts a lot about suicide and mental health awareness on social media. This was alarming to me at first, but then I remembered that she’s a Psychology major.

This. I am not too far from mollies age and there is nothing alarming about her SM to me. She doesn't seem unhappy to me, either. After looking at her VSCO, she kind of reminds me of a younger version of myself.

Her friends have said she likes helping people and she actually talks a lot about suicide PREVENTION and that getting help is possible. I think she seems very empathetic and wants to help people overcome their mental illness.

I have also spoken out about mental illness on my SM but have never, ever felt suicidal myself. I like mollie a lot after looking her SM and hope she is found safe soon.

I notice when Mollie is reading she has her glasses on so I'm thinking she needs them for close up and would not need them when jogging. Somebody posted a video of Mollie speaking about her love of God and running and I noticed that. Not sure I can bring the video over because it's on a FB page. Sorry.

I've lived by corn fields. I wouldn't go in one at all. Not only is there pollen, dust, chiggers, ticks, mosquitoes and snakes, there are herbicides and pesticides in the soil.

This. I am not too far from mollies age and there is nothing alarming about her SM to me. She doesn't seem unhappy to me, either. After looking at her VSCO, she kind of reminds me of a younger version of myself.

Her friends have said she likes helping people and she actually talks a lot about suicide PREVENTION and that getting help is possible. I think she seems very empathetic and wants to help people overcome their mental illness.

I have also spoken out about mental illness on my SM but have never, ever felt suicidal myself. I like mollie a lot after looking her SM and hope she is found safe soon.
Exactly. I think that many people are looking at her social media history to prove the theory that she either ran away, or was suicidal. They are looking to prove a narrative, rather than allowing evidence to form and direct a narrative.

They are soooo high and soooo sturdy plus there are all different kind of corn...believe it or not. I did a little picture study the other day and I think somebody could enter and not disturb those big strong stalks. I'll leave it to more experienced corn growers to also speak about that one.
th

I grew up in a very rural area, lots of corn, including our own farm.

When I was in high school a popular activity of the wild kids was driving their cars through the cornfields. It would knock down corn, smash it flat, and ruin bushels of corn yield for the farmers.

They would dare each other to see who could drive the farthest into a corn field without getting caught. The corn stayed smashed down and didn’t recover, so the evidence of their vandalism was visible for months and provided bragging rights for these punks.

Yes, changes were on the horizon for Mollie, including possibly getting engaged - Someone posted on thread #10 or #11 that a friend of Mollie's said her bf was going to propose to Mollie at his brother's wedding.
If I am remembering correctly, BJ jokingly told DJ he should propose to Mollie while the were in DM. JMO

I had a event with Montelukast. it lasted 3 days and if someone hadn't taken it away from me it could have been a lot worse. I had/have very little recall of the 3 days that was full out crazy, though leading up to it I knew something wasn't right and I seen the after disaster I had created. I didn't want to tell anyone I though it was causing a problem because I wanted to breathe and it did help me breathe so much better.

Holy cannoli. I took that for a while. Horrible nightmares, nausea and feelings of constant dread. That stuff is awful.

Being in Colorado, I don’t think I have any idea the size and density of cornfields. Wouldn’t you be able to see a disturbance entrance to the stalks if someone carried a body in? Or do the stalks bounce back immediately?

Corn is planted in rows - usually 30" between rows - it grows to 12ish feet tall.

A mature corn stalk would not bend much, and would break with significant force.

in late July; the corn is mature.

Hope that helps.

Corn can be an amazing concealer. An inmate from the Sterling Correctional Facility escaped a few years back, he ran from and through corn field to corn field making it to Yuma Colorado before eventually getting captured. The manhunt was vast, planes and helicopters, dogs etc and not one found breaches in the cornfields and I am not kidding when I say he ran approx. 40 miles....So you can be right there in the corn and not be seen. IMHO (just a reference) Escaped Inmate Captured In Farmhouse; Hostage Safe

Ok so I did a little experiment using my friend’s/neighbor’s cornfield. My 2 boys are standing right inside the field, in the first picture and you can’t see them whatsoever. Look how thick it is.. can you imagine how hard it would be to spot a body in one? Even from above.

21njwqf.jpg

2efmjhv.jpg

2ymfxgp.jpg

I used Tinypic so I hope these work...
Those pictures gave me the creeps. I kept expecting something to jump out at me.

I just had a thought. Maybe someone reached out to mollie saying they needed someone to talk to because they were suicidal and they want to be very careful with how they handle it knowing this person is likely in a very fragile state of mind

Corn can be an amazing concealer. An inmate from the Sterling Correctional Facility escaped a few years back, he ran from and through corn field to corn field making it to Yuma Colorado before eventually getting captured. The manhunt was vast, planes and helicopters, dogs etc and not one found breaches in the cornfields and I am not kidding when I say he ran approx. 40 miles....So you can be right there in the corn and not be seen. IMHO (just a reference) Escaped Inmate Captured In Farmhouse; Hostage Safe

I dont think a perpetrator would have had enough time to abduct and dispose of the body in one of those cornfields.

You make some good points.

One thing I've wondered from the start is why release tons of photos of a brightly smiling Mollie? She wouldn't be smiling if she was kidnapped. I wonder if they have any serious photos. I doubt it would make a difference but you never know.
I've always thought with today's technology they should also do short videos. Seeing a pic and seeing someone in real time, how they move, their mannerisms, that's what will stand out. Touched up grad pics are so misleading.

I wonder this too.
It seems likely, with 15 FBI agents on the case since pretty early on, that LE is looking at Mollie's disappearance through several lenses / other cases that fit some of the pieces of the same 'profile'.

Special Agent Rahn was involved in Mollie's case early on, then he wasn't and Winker was at the forefront last 2 weeks, then when the other 20 year old missing woman in Lee County's body was found this week & her bf was charged with leaving the scene of an accident (it was determined to be a crime related to their relationship, not a stranger/SK), they reported in MSM the other day that he was now "free" to be back on Mollie's case full time.

Point being, I believe LE is working very hard to narrow down possibilities & suspects with knowledge of alot of other cases with different similarities (location of them going missing, age, gender, known associations, etc.), and they've decided it's best for all the missing people that they don't divulge which lead or rabbit hole they're going down for what reasons.

I think this is link to the article where it said Rahn is coming back on the case.

Body found miles from where Mollie Tibbetts was last seen not missing college student, police say

Thank you!
Grew up with corn fields all around. There are a BUNCH of different types of corn grown. They vary a great deal in stalk height, rate of growth, length of the cob, purpose of the crop, etc. One thing that holds pretty constant about all corn fields is that they are dense this time of year. You can be one row over from someone, and if they get more than a few feet away, it comes difficult to see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper