Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but being that age they could probably have a build up of so many snaps every couple of minutes. People don’t understand how he can’t remember the details of that snap. Easy...you get so many you probably look at her face, quick at the caption, it’s gone. It would not be that significant to him out of the how ever many he gets a day. Unfortunately it only became significant because of the circumstances later when it’s too late. Have you ever looked at those pics where they give you 60 seconds to memorize the pic? Then they ask you questions like what color was the second bracelet on the wrist. You even know to study the pic and it’s still hard to answer the detail questions!
I agree completely, I was just commenting on the fact that in most cases a notification is recieved, not that you have to open the app to know if you have a message.

Not everyone has that option, though. I don't like blaming people exercising their freedoms for becoming victims of some sick individual. JMO
My mother used to send me outside after breakfast, alone, with no knowledge of where I was going. I'd come back home to eat lunch, sometimes, and I wasn't due home until setting the table at 6pm. I was 7 years old and this was in a large city. I walked to school on my own at age 5, through what I look at now as seedy areas. If a child did that today and something happened, everyone would judge that parent. It's why we lock our doors, are aware of our surroundings and why we use nicknames on this site and try our best not to give out too much personal info on the net. I should be able to state my name, address, phone number and social security number because if anything happened, I'm the victim, but we don't do that because quite honestly freedom can have a high price.
I agree with your sentiment, but the first face on a milk carton changed how I feel about exercising freedoms and the consequences.

We do have some information, and I think we can build on that. Tempting as it may be come up with scenarios that are not related to what we know, if we ensure that we include what we know in any scenario, we might figure out what really happened faster.

We know that:
  • Mollie's jogging clothing and devices are missing
  • she was seen running East on Pershing towards the Funeral Home
  • she was seen at the Funeral Home
  • she typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • she went for a run at 7:30
  • a digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
Please feel free to add to this list of what we do know.

Thank you so much for this! While I have tried to follow this case in the news, I have missed a LOT. I just came back from vacation and knew there was no way possible I was going to catch up 18 threads worth of posts. Thanks for the "just the facts" presentation. Now, I can move forward and build on that.

I agree cluciano63..the earbuds have made me wonder if she didn't hear whomever was meaning to do her harm..I wonder how loud she listened to the music?

I also agree that Mollie SHOULD OF had no reason to be afraid..but after reading some of the cases on here..I think that we should all learn to be more cautious ..because the boogeyman exists, and in my opinion we can't assume we are safe anywhere alone if we consider how many cases there are like Mollie's. Sad but true imo.

One other safety point that this has increased my sensitivity is how much information I volunteer even when just being in friendly conversation with people you casually run into that you do not know well.

No, not strange at all. My family has migraine sufferers as well. Darn things will really wipe you out. When I had them, I had to sleep them off for several hours.

Glad you have Mum to help you through these!
Also, some moms may get sentimental when their children go away to college and are growing up. I could see a mother sharing how it seems just like yesterday I was pregnant with you...and now your all grown up. Perhaps just loving conversation with her child.

With snaps, is it just an image or can there be written content, as in a caption or other info? The BF has said that it appeared she was in a house, but it was dark and he couldn't tell what environment she was in. And I've seen a couple of references to the mother saying that LE asked her if Mollie was in a house at 9:45. I wonder if this is a time stamp they found related to the snap and it's really not clear where she was, and this is part of what's concerning?

In the interview I saw with the male neighbor, who said he was watching TV and could see out his window and even mentioned she was talking on her phone (I think...maybe he said or meant she was looking at it, as in texting...don't recall now), he seemed to be certain. But then I read either here or via an article that there were three people who saw her within that time frame? I also doubt that she was taken from the house.

https://www.weareiowa.com/news/loca...-night-mollie-tibbetts-disappeared/1329569494

"My window's right there, facing the sidewalk and my tv's right there, so I'm sitting there and looking out the window and that's why I noticed her," said Thompson.

"This girl that was out walking by had the black shorts and a sports bra and tennis shoes and she had a telephone," he said. "I'm almost positive."

"She was just walking nonchalantly like nothing was bothering her, like nothing in the world," said Thompson.

"I don't know which way she went after she either had to go north or south, because she didn't come back the same direction," said Thompson.

Last edited:
My mother used to send me outside after breakfast, alone, with no knowledge of where I was going. I'd come back home to eat lunch, sometimes, and I wasn't due home until setting the table at 6pm. I was 7 years old and this was in a large city. I walked to school on my own at age 5, through what I look at now as seedy areas. If a child did that today and something happened, everyone would judge that parent. It's why we lock our doors, are aware of our surroundings and why we use nicknames on this site and try our best not to give out too much personal info on the net. I should be able to state my name, address, phone number and social security number because if anything happened, I'm the victim, but we don't do that because quite honestly freedom can have a high price.
I agree with your sentiment, but the first face on a milk carton changed how I feel about exercising freedoms and the consequences.

This sounds like my childhood. I also walked alone, numerous times between 8 and 11 years old a half mile between my 2 aunts's houses passing taverns along the way, some with their doors wide open and patrons looking out. At home, my mother would send me outside and I would be gone morning, home for lunch and then gone in the afternoon starting at 6 years old. Never could we or never should we do this nowdays. I lived in an uppermidwest town of 40K people.

Here are a few key points IMO.

WC had his cell taken by the FBI overnight and examined with a fine tooth comb. Well let’s hope so. Questions I have.

#1 - WC said he never went into Brooklyn. His cell phone records records should either be able to prove that or discredit him if he does go into Brooklyn.

#2 - WC cellphone two days prior to and the day of the disappearance should show where he was those days and even the day after she went missing. Was his phone more active than usual or not used at all. If not used. Maybe a burner phone he owns.

#3 - Did he have a burner phone he used and could they get that information from credit purchases or nearby cellular stores customer information to prove the phone the FBI examined wasnt the only phone he had.

#4 - How long has he had his cell phone they checked and is there a backup program on it like Dropbox or iCloud backup with data to extract.

I don't think these things are likely, but did MT ever jog early in the morning or during the day while at work? Is it possible could have jogged or walked to her mom's house to pick up the car in the morning? Could she have simply been careless about leaving her driver's license home? Was she carrying her laundry with her and wearing her Fitbit? Could she have been the victim of an accident early that morning?
The dogs did have plenty of food and water. Maybe they were fed and given fresh water that morning?

Last edited:
WC shirt in the interviews does have a pinch of what appears to be blood up near his trap shoulder area. By the looks and condition of the shirt he probably wears that one a lot. Anyone else notice this blood stain or what appears to be a small area of blood?

With snaps, is it just an image or can there be written content, as in a caption or other info? The BF has said that it appeared she was in a house, but it was dark and he couldn't tell what environment she was in. And I've seen a couple of references to the mother saying that LE asked her if Mollie was in a house at 9:45. I wonder if this is a time stamp they found related to the snap and it's really not clear where she was, and this is part of what's concerning?
A snap can be sent with or without a caption

True. But, still can't wrap my head around this many LE from outside the area on a single missing person. When I was little we had the Moxley murder where I lived (15 year student murdered blunt force trauma) and even with the ties to Kennedy family I don't think it got this level of FBI attention and resources. Nothing is making much sense to me at this point in great part probably because we are being fed alot of information that is either irrelevant or just plain incorrect.
Murder of Martha Moxley - Wikipedia
There could be more to this than meets the eye. Other posts have said something about the number of FBI on this case isn't necessarily field FBI. In the case that you reference, there may have been a lot of internal support that wasn't counted at the time. Even so, the FED attention is curious but certainly welcome. I've seen a lot of similar cases that seem to get 1 or none FBI field person. If this links to some other big picture that would be interesting to know.

What was her eyesight?
Did she run with contacts in?
How was she getting to work in the morning?

I don't think I've seen that either, but maybe @zencompass knows? If not, I'll make a note to try and track it down.

Mollie's mom took a call from an agent who was trying to determine whether Mollie was in a home at 9:45 PM:

'She hated to be sad and hated others to be sad': Brotherly love for missing sister

It's unclear what type of agent. Back in thread 5, someone asked, "Real Estate Agent?" I think we can safely assume DCI or FBI.

A few questions : who was the first person to enter the house after Mollie went missing ? How long were the dogs believed to have been left alone in the house ? because Mollie's BF mentioned that when he went into the house, the dogs had plenty of food and water. Were the doors unlocked at the house when the first person entered ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic