Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I get that. However if she left for a jog at 730 say and she normally took 45 minutes that could put her at her moms house after 9 for dinner just kind of odd. And with only a response of “ok” regarding dinner tells me someone else answered that text. Just my opinion
Only her mom would know if that is typical or not. And even then, they could just scroll up and see her typical responses if they were that devious. More likely if they had ill intent they would shut down the phone asap.

30 pages in already? I'm bringing my post from thread #19 over
"Theoretically Mollie could have ran in a loop. Down Pershing to Mills, Mills to 2nd, 2nd to Orchard toward home. She would pass several businesses; some auto parts and auto sales, car wash, Casey's, veterinary services, before the residential area begins again."

And theory 10,001 ;) I think that this was somewhat of the route Mollie ran that night, in the beginning she ran down Des Moines to Jackson and then to Pershing. Somewhere in the western half of the run, she met with something foul.

New theory I'm throwing out there, 1 or 2 teens/young adults are driving impaired and accidentally hit Mollie. They panic, she is either very injured or deceased, they move her to a new location. The rain the next day (wasn't there a storm?) takes care of any blood evidence on the road. The vehicle might have damage, but it could be a vehicle in another town that has not been suspected. I'll add this to my long list of theories in my post history, it's hopefully the last one before Mollie is returned or found.

When Mollie went for her run, maybe she didn't intend to go to her mom's for dinner. Maybe she would have texted her mom once she made it home to say she was staying in, or to send a brother over to pick her up as it was by then dark outside. Did she actually text her mom the words "I'm going for a run" at 7:30? That's different from "I'm running to your house".

Being a sleuther on WS, that to me sounds a little like the pot calling the kettle black... since I'm absolutely no expert.

I am referring only to the opinions being shared in the media that give an implication there is inside information. It leads to confusion regarding the actual facts when someone with an investigative title says something like she left with someone known to her. Statistically we know this to be true and discuss it on WS. I just think it contributes to rumors as folks hear/read FBI and assume they are linked directly to the investigation. I sure hope no one views my posts here on WS as having any inside info. I'm quite obsessive with MOO, JMO. :)

Sure I get that. However if she left for a jog at 730 say and she normally took 45 minutes that could put her at her moms house after 9 for dinner just kind of odd. And with only a response of “ok” regarding dinner tells me someone else answered that text. Just my opinion

Whilst anything is possible IMO a perp replying to texts isn't likely. If this was to happen the perp would be better to reply saying that Mollie had changed her mind and wasn't coming therefore not raising any suspicion when she didn't show up rather than havin someone miss her within a very short time

JMO

Of course, just as likely. Was just thinking out loud as a mom

30 pages in already? I'm bringing my post from thread #19 over
"Theoretically Mollie could have ran in a loop. Down Pershing to Mills, Mills to 2nd, 2nd to Orchard toward home. She would pass several businesses; some auto parts and auto sales, car wash, Casey's, veterinary services, before the residential area begins again."

And theory 10,001 ;) I think that this was somewhat of the route Mollie ran that night, in the beginning she ran down Des Moines to Jackson and then to Pershing. Somewhere in the western half of the run, she met with something foul.

New theory I'm throwing out there, 1 or 2 teens/young adults are driving impaired and accidentally hit Mollie. They panic, she is either very injured or deceased, they move her to a new location. The rain the next day (wasn't there a storm?) takes care of any blood evidence on the road. The vehicle might have damage, but it could be a vehicle in another town that has not been suspected. I'll add this to my long list of theories in my post history, it's hopefully the last one before Mollie is returned or found.

When Mollie went for her run, maybe she didn't intend to go to her mom's for dinner. Maybe she would have texted her mom once she made it home to say she was staying in, or to send a brother over to pick her up as it was by then dark outside. Did she actually text her mom the words "I'm going for a run" at 7:30? That's different from "I'm running to your house".
Pretty easy to phone in an annon tip of where the body is and then at least forensics could confirm COD and family would have closure.

I think the only reason why I think she left willingly is because of the lack of evidence of a struggle or any kind of abduction as far as people seeing something. I also would like to think that I would’ve put up a fight. I would’ve screamed, I would’ve kicked up dirt or grass or whatever. I don’t know that they could’ve grabbed her with nobody seeing and forced her into a vehicle with nobody seeing or hearing? Unless it was incredibly dark or remote where she was?

Reagan Tokes was taken from the middle of downtown Columbus, a trendy little area known as the Short North. She walked out to her car around 9:45 pm and was abducted and apparently nobody saw a thing. If she fought back, there didn't seem to be any evidence of a struggle. She was forced into her own car, taken to ATMs to withdraw money, raped and murdered.

So I think that this seems like pretty weak evidence to construct a theory of willingly leaving on, that such a thing wouldn't happen when it clearly does. And I think it overlooks a lot of other things that argue against her being voluntarily gone.

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseum at some point in these 20 threads, but can someone give me a very brief overview of the fitbit/pig farm situation. Specifically, how are these locations determined (triangulation from cell towers, satellites, etc?) and what degree of accuracy would you expect in a rural area that may not have as many towers? I guess to get down to brass tacks, could the actual location of the device that caused the signal been 500 feet away? 1 mile? 10? TIA!
Those are excellent questions and I do not have the expertise to answer them, nor do I know if they have been answered in the previous threads. What I do know from following the Charli Scott case is that there are apps that can very accurately pinpoint your location, or rather, the location of your phone, using satellite data rather than cell towers. However, we don't yet know which apps Mollie had on her phone. And I would bet you lunch that the FBI has some IT folks who have a very good idea of where her phone was before it lost power.

You need to distinguish between leaving voluntarily (IMO the only plausible scenario) and remaining missing.
Right. Leaving voluntarily is not what I think happened. I just continue to believe she is alive, but being held by a person she possibly misjudged and saw as non threatening initially and now held against her will. Unlawful imprisonment?

Agree, but not sure why he chose to make his announcement on GMA? What did he expect? Not even sure he had to go public at all.
I agree, he was pretty quick to leave a statement on the Find Mollie FB page and then to discuss this with the media...to be this information is on a need to know basis only. I personally would only share this information with LI. However, in his defense, maybe he doesn't think the same as we do. Maybe he is truly trying to help and just wants to get the information out there. But, because of his openness to the media, I feel like it has had it's ramifications on his personal life, which is sad. You put yourself out there and then you are scrutinized. IMO he probably felt like he was doing the right thing, regardless of our feelings on it...

Did the home MT was at have Wifi, and assuming she connected her phone to that, and didn't have an unlimited data plan or tower coverage was spotty, would something like a router log show the times her phone,laptop connected to the network?

You know actually that's maybe a useful idea... a secure website where people store such information "ifsomethinghappens dot whatever"

We have a current murder in England (Samantha Eastwood if you want to read the thread) where this exact thing happened. She told a co worker to call LE if she didn't show up for a work (and we assume who to look for) and her body was found pretty quickly and a relative has been charged with her murder.

You know actually that's maybe a useful idea... a secure website where people store such information "ifsomethinghappens dot whatever"

Seems a little creepy in and of itself, to me...high potential for abuse, defamation, etc. Not sure that this solution isn't nearly as bad as the problem its hoping to solve. JMO!

Some feel that transparency has nearly disappeared, though, to the detriment of using the public effectively to help resolve cases.

Amen.

There may be no better example than what was surely an unexpected negative consequence of the Midlothian PD being so secretive about what they knew regarding the murder of fitness instructor Missy Bevers in that Texas church in 2016.

Many sleuthers have turned on the 'cops' -- some devoting Facebook Groups almost entirely to extensive research (true, false and somewhere in between).

I can see where some discoveries need to be kept confidential.

But watch out once you as investigators are perceived by a large percentage of those who badly want to help as being unjustifiably secretive about some details. They will turn on you.

This all works best when the public feels it's a team effort to find Mollie instead of working against each other by withholding so much information.

A tough balance -- to be sure. My only point is there is a potential downside.

My other overriding point is like everyone else (including LE) I hope they find her safe and alive.

Pretty easy to phone in an annon tip of where the body is and then at least forensics could confirm COD and family would have closure.

Which they might eventually do once they are it won't be connected to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB