Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE never names suspects anymore...too much legal danger if the person turns out not to be guilty, danger of vigilante justice, etc...

Sometimes “everyone” knows who a POI is, and an arrest never comes...Drew Peterson is one such in my mind. He has never been charged in relation to Stacey, though he certainly murdered her, imo. And since he is in prison anyway, he likely never will be. LE can’t conjure up proof if it is not there, and if they DO have a POI, seemingly it is not a person with an outstanding warrant or other issues as we have seen a lot of cases begin that way...with a small charge.

I go back and forth between someone very close to Mollie, to the local introverted weirdo in town taking advantage of an opportunity. What are those guys called now...”Incels”? The “involutary celibates” who feel women owe them sex...good grief what next...

But anything in between is possible too, obviously. I do not think anyone took her with the purpose of “keeping” her...feels like a sexual attack followed by murder, unfortunately.

Jmo
Are you referring to Scott and Lacy?

The "possibility" and "normal" is causing the debate. The way I read it was that it is possible for a typical 20 year old to be flattered by someone's attention or go on a date and that we shouldn't assume it not a possibility bc we have the "girl next door" image of her in our minds. Likewise, even if she did do something like that, it would not make her "abnormal" or any less deserving of the empathy and concern and certainly no more likely to be responsible for what happened to her. Moo.

True, but let's keep it real. Mollie was working full time, taking online courses towards her university degree, and she has a serious boyfriend. Do we really think that she had time and inclination to sneak around behind everyone's back with a stranger who is actually a murderer?

I fared detects heat.... A body would be the same temperature as the surface it was on...

That's what I thought too, but a previous post cited pig cadaver research that shows maggot activity can raise body temp to significantly detectable levels on infrared for 3 months post death and dumping of a body! Who knew?

You are absolutely right. There was recently a quadruple murder of a family in my area. The potential suspect is currently behind bars on four counts of misleading an investigation. It’s a solid tactic.

The murderer of little Mariah Woods was arrested for stealing a dresser from an abandoned house until they found her body.

Here is where my mind s at tonight:
1. PC will be unnecessary, and something will break tomorrow.
2. There are only a few real scenarios, all of them are possible, and at different times I suspect them all.
To me it is probably either of these:

1. Someone she knew well, possibly a co-worker or fellow student had an unrequited crush on her and it went off the rails. This person lured her away easily and is keeping her in some fashion.

2.Someone she thought was someone else, ie: on SM, someone who pretended to be a peer, etc. Or in person, a person she knew on sight but who used a ruse of something familiar.

3. She had a flirtatious but non-meaningful online banter with someone who is IRL not stable, and they went and got her. Maybe she went to meet them, and it went off the rails from there.

None of these things point at her as the person responsible, because any of these would be due to someone manipulating a young nice person. Even people who seem like your BFF online or at school or what have you can have issues you never suspect. And as far as 2 and 3 up there, I am still thinking "mean girls". I hope whatever it is, she is alive and ok, and gets home safe. Even if someone is embarrassed or ashamed or frightened to come forward, this has really been torturous for a family, it's using up crazy amounts of resources, and it's just plain sad. So let's hope for the best.
I hope you are correct. I’m thinking the arrest will happen quietly and well before we hear about it.

This is jmo. But is it possible the guy who saw her running last was told by LE that she went home to study after her run because they were setting him up to see what he would say? Or how he would react if he knew she really didn’t go anywhere after her run? I feel like he might have slipped saying he was the last one to see her. Idk, just a thought
That's not the same witness. Is was the neighbor, the one before him, who said LE told him she was doing homework later that evening. He hadn't seen her that day.

I fared detects heat.... A body would be the same temperature as the surface it was on...
Actually the body would be much warmer than the environment , for up to 50 days. Maggots feeding on bodies generate heat.

Or someone older who has a tech background. At the risk of totally creeping myself out, when someone logs into their school account, do TA's and lecturers see that? Or perhaps other students within the class if it's homework? It was bitnet when I was in college and I know we could run a scan to see who was logged in, can students still do that?

That's true about someone older also understanding technology. Today's twenty-somethings seem completely oblivious to the fact that one generation up invented computers, so although they don't necessarily wear tech, they may have a solid understanding of how it works.

Anyone who has administrator or even TA rights in an online course that uses a Learning Management System (LMS) can see when people log in and out. Students typically cannot see when other students are online.

I cannot see an arrest happening unless she is found, short of a confession. A kidnapping with no victim is very difficult to prove, until years have passed, unless there was a very telling crime scene.

What do people think of a man, who when interviewed about MT, keeps tugging at his wedding ring?

Nothing? Nervous? Mean something?

I'd have to see video of him in other circumstances to know whether it's worrisome. Some people do play with their ring as a nervous habit--I do sometimes.

But my first reaction would be that it's a bit hinky...

I just took mine off to swim in the pool :cool: it’s 100 degrees, a little muggy and super smoky from the Yosemite fires.
Ok obvs people literally don’t always wear them, they need to be charged and not all (none?) are waterproof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SidewardsDog