Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychopaths and sociopaths can both pass lie detector tests with flying colors. They both, for the most part, feel no guilt, remorse or empathy. There is something seriously wrong with the person who met up with or kidnapped Mollie.
I want to word this post very carefully, because a number of posters who I respect have expressed that they would not trust the results of a polygraph exam.
Scott Peterson is IMHO a psychopath/sociopath of the worst kind. (I am not an expert in the mental health field.) He failed his polygraph exam.
From what I have gathered, the biggest problem with polygraph exams is the potential bias of the person administering the exam. This is why some people elect to have an independent (not LE affiliated) organization administer the test. The test itself is fairly unbiased.

That's assuming the decay and insect infestation started... If they used cameras in the dusk hours day of or day after being killed...where the ground would still be warm, air cooler, but a body at the ground temp... I can aim the infrared camera and see handprints left on surfaces...

You first physiological responses are
1. Autolysis: when the enzymes release (also rigor mortis)
2. Bloating: gas release. Bacteria etc. A body can double in size. (look at old Civil War photos)
3. Active decay
4. Skeletonization

At the very end of the last PC, the spokesman said they'll have more info on Tuesday, which was pushed to Friday, then postponed to Monday. Taken literally or not or whether the postponements are strategic or for lack of more that may be shared, we won't know.

Given the family has continued to garner awareness this weekend and that another witness to Mollie's jog went public late last week, whenever the PC does take place, lets hope it has the effect of engaging the public in a way that can help with awareness and jogging peoples' memories for solid leads.

In Chelsea Brucks' case, having images of her handmade costume Poison Ivy costume widely circulated was key. Her family moved heaven and earth to raise awareness of what the public should look for. The kid who found the costume was hesitant to report it. His sister helped him find the courage to do so on Easter, IIRC. They knew just enough about Chelsea and her family to between them care enough to say something.

I think they are definitely waiting on more information. Whether it is information they expect to have (my hope) or waiting to see if something more can be pulled out with time, there is no way to tell.

With nothing new to report in such a high profile case (and perhaps from the investigators viewpoint stressful and intimidating) a delay might give them more time to work out something new.

If the presser gets delayed again, it would be hard to fathom a reason it was rescheduled in the first place, and not cancelled indefinitely.

Totally speculation- Haven’t thought about Mollie and a pregnancy? But I would think Mollie would speak to her father relating to anything like that? They are close as RT has stated.

I wondered about as it, and I mentioned it. That may explain the 3 hour phone call to father. And father's verbal pleas.

Pregnancy would cause a major disruption, an emotional storm, and a radical situation. Esp if not one's paramour. That might be one case where a female does voluntarily disappear for a while. It's a long shot.

Yes, I thought it's a mile away. That can't be another town, can it?

It's in the NE end of town. It's in a new home allotment that is in a cul-de-sac.
I lived in cornfield land when that movie came out. Still creeps me out. It's bad enough I can't take a shower with the curtain closed, try driving through IL...at dusk.

I can so relate! Oceans are out for me as well. [Cue Terrifying Jaws Music]

For those who are more internet savvy, is there a way to see a twitter follower that may have closed her/his account? For instance if I have a twitter account and one of my followers deletes their account, are they deleted off my followers list? And is there any way to retrieve that info if they are? Something like wayback that might take screenshots on a more regular basis?

As someone mentioned, there are apps that monitor follower/unfollowed behavior. If you don't have that, and you know which follower you're checking on, you can go to their Twitter and check their follow status. If someone just unfollows, the only historical info visible on either acct would be previous RT's and @mentions. But yes, if an acct closes, they are no longer a follower because they don't exist.

Also, as a Twitter FYI for those unfamiliar with it, it's either totally public or totally private, and in the case of the latter, no content is visible unless you're a follower, and in that case you will be a pending follow until it's approved by the acct owner. Most Twitter accts are public and visible, because the idea of Twitter, unlike FB where in theory you're primarily or strictly 'friends' with known people, is to generate interaction via engaging with other people's content and getting them to engage with yours. That's hard to do with private accts.

Since MT failed to show up for work, Im wondering how long it took them before they called MT mom inquiring about her whereabouts? Immediately? 1-2 hours?? How long before they thought she was missing vs. Overslept/sick day ? Did her phone go straight to vm when work tried calling her? Did someone drive over to her house to check on her before calling mom? How did they deliver the news to MT mom? Did they say MT was missing or late for work?

I have a co worker who is late most of the time and irresponsible ... if we couldn’t reach her , I wouldn’t call her parents immediately. I don’t even have their #...it would probably be like a few hours, possibly even 24 hours before I assumed foul play had happened and brought others into her business.

That's assuming the decay and insect infestation started... If they used cameras in the dusk hours day of or day after being killed...where the ground would still be warm, air cooler, but a body at the ground temp... I can aim the infrared camera and see handprints left on surfaces...
I'm not sure when that process starts, several days? Longer? I know the body cools down and becomes colder than it's surroundings but then it gradually heats up.

My thoughts hang in the areas of confusion...
<snipped)
And last, the military recently put out a warning that service members can be tracked by an enemy when wearing a device with GPS capabilities, specifically Fitbits and iwatches. I saw this in news somewhere very recently.

A lot of good insights on here.

THIS!!!! I do not wish to get OT but this is a safety issue for ALL people who have SM. My son has been in the military since 9/11. Last year he was deployed to Europe for 6.5 months. While he was away the base sent out an alert to all spouses that they need to be aware of their surroundings because several spouses had reported having had encounters with middle eastern men which were rather frightening. I am NOT singling out or attacking such people, let that be clear!!! Apparently these men were using FB especially to find family members of active and reserve service people. How did they know who was family and who was not you ask. There was an app that allowed people to send you a relationship request. All you had to do was accept it and then on their FB it would say you were that person's mom, dad, brother, cousin etc. I had all my relatives sending them to me but it was so out of hand I only accepted my closest family members.

Long story short my DIL had several encounters as well which scared ALL of us. The first incident was innocent enough. She was selling something she made at a friends barn. She was using FB somehow to sell these things. The person was to meet her at the barn. No one was in the farmhouse she was using so it was just her and my two young granddaughters when a car of 4 middle eastern men showed up and were just laughing at her. She asked if one was this person who wanted the item and he said yeah, I contacted you but I don't want your BLEEP BLEEP... She paniced as I did when she relayed this to me. They did nothing to her and the police and homeland security which got involved said it was an intimidation ruse to let her know they were watching her. She left and went to her parents.

That same week she gets out of work and waiting there is that same bunch of guys. It is late summer after 9:00 PM she worked late with a client and no one else was in the parking lot but the client and this car that was parked RIGHT NEXT to hers. She flew into the car and was calling 911 to report it. Come to find out thank God the police told her that they had a car ON the scene and two officers were already aware of what was happening and watching her. They told her to drive directly to the police station which she did. The car started to follow her but as soon as they saw the lights come on of the cops that were in fact parked in a dirt alleyway across the street, the car turned into a different direction and sped off.

This was all unbeknownst to me. While this was going on with my DIL I had a problem with FB. I got an email stating that my account had been temporarily closed due to what they believed to be a security breech. Someone from Moracco had been attempting to get into my FB account. I was thinking what the heck why would anyone do this. So a day or two later I was speaking with my DIL to ask if she had heard from my son and I told her what happened. She said uhoh. I need to talk to you about something. She asked me to come to her house which I did. She told me the story and said that the base was aware of these things as was homeland security and they had been asked not to speak about it. Well you better believe I freaked out. I went home and wanted to delete my FB account but with numerous emails back and forth to FB they would not allow me access back into the account so I could delete it. I was furious I wanted it gone. The page still was showing up I just couldn't access it and they would not take it down. From that moment on I deleted the rest of my SM accounts except for twitter.

Things DO go on behind the scenes that we have no knowledge of which is probably for the best because we would end up being paranoid 24/7 if we knew everything going on. This particular incident was a direct result of our military people being targeted by possible enemies. The families were being targeted directly due to something that was going on at that time that I don't feel comfortable sharing. But just say something as simple as that app singled us all out as close relatives of my son therefore open targets.

But I suggest to any of you if you have such apps on your SM you get rid of them and NEVER use your real name even with FB if it is just being used to keep in contact with family. This was a lesson I did learn well.

Last edited:
Other then having been abducted and taken to a further out location I think the corn field is exactly where her body will be found. It makes sense. They are apparently plentiful around there and no one would want to risk driving around with either a girl who is fighting against you or harmed in their car. Easy way to ditch someone sad to say.

If she was abducted and taken off site, I suspect an acquaintance that wouldn’t have raised her suspicions/alarms. I would like to think maybe he held her alive due to a long running obsession. But that said, I know that this far in, it is more likely her body will be found in the vicinity.

When Chelsea Bruck disappeared, there was similar speculation and theories raised. She was assaulted and left dead deep in the woods and wasn’t found for six months if I remember correctly. LE said very little in this case too, and even though everyone hoped it was bc they were watching the perp and waiting for proof, it ended up they didn’t have any leads to the perp until his DNA turned up on a smaller crime many months later and it matched that found on her body.

I do agree someone would be more likely to notice a struggle if anyone else was even on the road. It’s also possible he immobilized her quickly with the use of some kind of injection like those found in Jeffrey Willis’ abduction kit in his minivan. I hope not, because that implies someone far more professional than I originally suspected.

I wondered about as it, and I mentioned it. That may explain the 3 hour phone call to father. And father's verbal pleas.

Pregnancy would cause a major disruption, an emotional storm, and a radical situation. Esp if not one's paramour. That might be one case where a female does voluntarily disappear for a while. It's a long shot.
That happened a lot in the sixties but have never heard of it happening now.

Since MT failed to show up for work, Im wondering how long it took them before they called MT mom inquiring about her whereabouts? Immediately? 1-2 hours?? How long before they thought she was missing vs. Overslept/sick day ? Did her phone go straight to vm when work tried calling her? Did someone drive over to her house to check on her before calling mom? How did they deliver the news to MT mom? Did they say MT was missing or late for work?

I have a co worker who is late most of the time and irresponsible ... if we couldn’t reach her , I wouldn’t call her parents immediately. I don’t even have their #...it would probably be like a few hours, possibly even 24 hours before I assumed foul play had happened and brought others into her business.
That’s a great question and I think it’s a great example of the type of detailed information LE probably has and have not released.

I want to word this post very carefully, because a number of posters who I respect have expressed that they would not trust the results of a polygraph exam.
Scott Peterson is IMHO a psychopath/sociopath of the worst kind. (I am not an expert in the mental health field.) He failed his polygraph exam.
From what I have gathered, the biggest problem with polygraph exams is the potential bias of the person administering the exam. This is why some people elect to have an independent (not LE affiliated) organization administer the test. The test itself is fairly unbiased.
BBM
A polygraph test that is "fairly unbiased" doesn't seem reliable to me.

That happened a lot in the sixties but have never heard of it happening now.
Times have changed, and in this regard especially, I think it’s a very good thing.
To address the speculation of pregnancy, or some illicit affair, there is absolutely no evidence of either of these things. I don’t think it’s fair to Mollie, her friends, or her family, to engage in this sort of dialogue. It’s a stretch at best, and most importantly, not rooted in any known facts.

At the very end of the last PC, the spokesman said they'll have more info on Tuesday, which was pushed to Friday, then postponed to Monday. Taken literally or not or whether the postponements are strategic or for lack of more that may be shared, we won't know.

Given the family has continued to garner awareness this weekend and that another witness to Mollie's jog went public late last week, whenever the PC does take place, lets hope it has the effect of engaging the public in a way that can help with awareness and jogging peoples' memories for solid leads.

In Chelsea Brucks' case, having images of her handmade costume Poison Ivy widely circulated was key. Her family moved heaven and earth to raise awareness of what the public should look for. The kid who found the costume was hesitant to report it. His sister helped him find the courage to do so on Easter, IIRC. They knew just enough about Chelsea and her family to between them care enough to say something.

Thank you, I didn't remember that being said and that could be where the comments are coming from. I do remember Winker telling one of the reporters, in response to a question about the red shirt, that he would get back to them and I hope we will at least get an answer to that.

Let me add another question to that: how was she actually expected to get to work? And how far is that from the house where supposedly everyone expected her to be over night?

I see a missing link there and can’t help but wonder if the family at that point already knew that there was a severe problem. And per my perception that would actually be consistent with the behavior of mom and brother during press conferences and interviews.

It's in the NE end of town. It's in a new home allotment that is in a cul-de-sac.

I can so relate! Oceans are out for me as well. [Cue Terrifying Jaws Music]

If Googlemaps is to be believed, her mother's house is just outside city limits. The red line marks city limits; the house is on Bear Drive just to the north. I tried to put in a marker but that made the red line disappear :p

Not that I can see how it matters in this case...

Google Maps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members