Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would someone kindly compose a cheat sheet ID'ing those spoken of on the thread by their initials ("WC" etc.) with their actual names and/or roles in the case to date? Would be very helpful for novices here.

This could then be pinned at the top of subsequent new threads, to facilitate communication & understanding. o_O;):)
IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #21

Here we go. Thanks Harmony 2 and Mom24!

O.K. everyone rant alert!

It is rare for me to rant, but I am really disappointed by seeing references to Mollie's videos, social media posts, etc. that question what she is wearing, her flirtatiousness, etc.
Give it a break! This is a lovely 20 year old girl acting like a 20 year old. Mollie is missing and most likely deceased, unless there is a miracle. Can we forget about her shorts or batting eyelashes or whatever else normal 20 year olds do on video and social media?

Let's FIND Mollie, not critique her outfits or fun loving behavior. I think she comes off as an absolutely lovely, normal young 20 year old. I don't like the inferences being made.

Rant over. Thank you for letting me express this opinion.
I haven't seen a single post judging her. I would expect a 20 year old attractive female to be flirty and fun loving.

Suppose once LE has her texts, they see that her final exchange was with a male acquaintance asking to meet up to talk/tell her something/whatever. She agrees. LE grabs this guy, he either denies they actually met, that she never showed, or that they met, but he left her by i,e 8pm whatever and she was fine.

This could be a standoff for years if not forever, if the person had never made any threats to Mollie prior, and never confessed to more than seeing her briefly that evening. Being the last known to see someone can’t be enough for an arrest...especially with apparently no proof she was killed or even injured.

I am having a lot of trouble seeing how many here expect an arrest to come soon...what would it be based on? If no one saw her being taken and no proof shows she was harmed...where can LE be at this point? Jmo

It is rare for me to rant, but I am really disappointed by seeing references to Mollie's videos, social media posts, etc. that question what she is wearing, her flirtatiousness, etc.
Give it a break! This is a lovely 20 year old girl acting like a 20 year old. Mollie is missing and most likely deceased, unless there is a miracle. Can we forget about her shorts or batting eyelashes or whatever else normal 20 year olds do on video and social media?

Let's FIND Mollie, not critique her outfits or fun loving behavior. I think she comes off as an absolutely lovely, normal young 20 year old. I don't like the inferences being made.

I must have missed that part of the discussion, thankfully! Forgive me if this is a repeat but one thing that stood out to me in the video in the gym is that she may be wearing a pink sports bra. Could it be the same one she ran with? Could this suggest she wears it regularly both to work and when running?

If so, the fact that it is missing may not be just because it happened on her jog. MOO.

checking in..still cant get past everyone in the house being out of town..on any other weekend it wouldn't matter..it's hard to know if is a coincidence and just a fact of the situation of the day, or if it holds more meaning...for the potential perp or for Mollie

we just don't know but if someone grabbed her off the street it was incredibly fast and no one saw or heard a thing.

the longer the reward is sitting there, the longer it feels like a stranger..no one in her life is coming out and revealing any secrets or love affairs, nothing is happening.

if the red shirt from the pig farm is relevant and the fitbit pinged there...well..it's not looking so great..people dont run off without their money and glasses/

MOO
I agree. It’s either a big coincidence that a stranger picked the perfect time to abduct her, or the situation (nobody home) has significance in regard to a friend or acquaintance knowing this fact, and taking advantage of it. Unfortunately, we can only speculate if this fact has significance or not.

Sadly, social media presence CAN lead to attracting creeps with harmful intentions...we all know that here at WS. I am sure some of these losers scroll the web just looking for pics of scantily clad young women, to fantasize about or worse. Mollie was no different from her peers on SM, but no one can for sure that a perp did not fixate on her from her photos.

That is why there are so many warnings and worries about what young people post and how they present themselves, especially when their sites are not set to “private”. Jmo and all that...but I have not seen posts specifcally imdicating Mollie is to blame for anything. But she was as vulnerable as many of her peers.

Because the family wants as much sympathy towards this situation, and everyone looking. There are some people who may be judgmental about Mollie staying
at her BF's since they are not married. (Even tho he wasn't there).

I remember being in love at 20 and I absolutely adored him and he adored me and I see that in Mollie and DJ. Everything was a wonderfully fun journey, an adventure. She also seems 1000x more mature than I was at that age, which again, makes me think she is very unlikely to have done a runner. I don't think there is a any chance of some sort of double life or secret romantic interest. At least not on her part. Nor on DJ's. And DJ's brother and fiancee, my heart breaks for them as well as Mollie's family. Seems to be much love, all around.

I agree. It’s either a big coincidence that a stranger picked the perfect time to abduct her, or the situation (nobody home) has significance in regard to a friend or acquaintance knowing this fact, and taking advantage of it. Unfortunately, we can only speculate if this fact has significance or not.

Good point. I have noted when bad things happen it just isn't one thing. It is the 'perfect storm' (to use a cliche) when a number of issues meet: nobody else home, dark, out jogging on a deserted road, no one around to hear screams, BF gone, etc etc.

It it usually a number of things, that alone would not produce a tragic event.

Thank you!!!

Suppose once LE has her texts, they see that her final exchange was with a male acquaintance asking to meet up to talk/tell her something/whatever. She agrees. LE grabs this guy, he either denies they actually met, that she never showed, or that they met, but he left her by i,e 8pm whatever and she was fine.

This could be a standoff for years if not forever, if the person had never made any threats to Mollie prior, and never confessed to more than seeing her briefly that evening. Being the last known to see someone can’t be enough for an arrest...especially with apparently no proof she was killed or even injured.

I am having a lot of trouble seeing how many here expect an arrest to come soon...what would it be based on? If no one saw her being taken and no proof shows she was harmed...where can LE be at this point? Jmo
Especially if it was a relationship that was limited to only text messages and not SM contact. Setting up the in person meetings thru texts to be discreet

I do say this, despite the nature of the forum: Everyday we wake up, relatively healthy and safe, with a family healthy and safe is great. You never know. You just never know.

I guess I am an existentialist.

It's been said to never leave work things on your desk, and to never go to bed angry with someone.

Thank you! It was really getting old. imho

For those still in the stranger abduction court, can you explain why? Also, by stranger abduction, I mean absolute stranger, like immediate attack or grab and run... not someone she’d seen or spoken to a couple of times and would feel ok taking a “friendly ride” from. I just feel that this isn’t an absolute stranger, just like dad said, someone thought something... felt something... probably inaccurately, and got in over their head. But without more info, I’m open to possibilities, so stranger abduction folks, what does your gut say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95