Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be really interested now in knowing if jogging or walking to her mom's house was something she even does. Most of what I saw on the South side of town and especially the SE seemed like excellent routes to run. Getting up to her mom's place on the NE side of town just seems awkward.

RBBM

"... Mollie would often walk from ... [DJ's] place back to her mom's house in [sic] Bear Drive to eat with her brothers ...."
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6025027/Mother-missing-Iowa-student-Mollie-Tibbetts-says-does-not-believe-returned-home.html

What would induce her to get into someone's car when her habits are to have a run, make arrangements for the car, eat, do homework, prepare for the field trip, and sleep at either her mom's or her boyfriend's house?

What would cause her to break that routine?

There is one possibility that comes to mind. She runs back to the boyfriends and plans to call her brother for a ride or run to dinner at Moms.

As she arrives at the house, a 'friend' pulls up. [ friend of hers from high school, friend of her boyfriends, coworker of theirs, neighbor, etc.]

They have some valid excuse to need to come inside for a moment. Maybe they are picking something up, dropping something off, or offering her a blunt, or whatever they schemed to do...

The 'friend' says they are going [somewhere] and does she want to go along? She says NO< but can you drop me off at my mom's house? [ Or maybe just drop her off at the car?]

So she puts the dogs downstairs, she still has her running stuff on because she will shower and change at home, and/ or plans to come back later with the car.

In that scenario, there would be no signs of a break in, or a struggle, she'd still have her jogging clothes on, and she would just vanish quickly...

What would induce her to get into someone's car when her habits are to have a run, make arrangements for the car, eat, do homework, prepare for the field trip, and sleep at either her mom's or her boyfriend's house?

What would cause her to break that routine?
The rain/bad weather.

That's what I'm thinking. How do you get from any loop to Mom's without the Jackson St via HS road? Is there some shortcut that Googlemaps doesn't show?

Clay Street. Looks like a dead end but there's a sidewalk that a pedestrian could take to Mom 's. You can see it on satellite view.

My personal opinion of the Fitbit situation is that, by design, LE has purposely mentioned it's "pings" (rather than her cell) to POIs and the public.

I think her cell last pinged near WC's. (and that it was possibly thrown there from a passing car).

IMO. MOO. etc

Well, I think there is a reason that law enforcement stated that she returned home after her run. They probably found that information in browser history, and like I stated I don't believe she would have walked somewhere late at night or planned to go to her mother's home without her mom knowing in advance that she was coming over.
Re: type of person.
If it happened at home which I highly suspect it did, this person must have known she would be at that house, at that time, and alone. That means, he must have stalked her to some degree. To be able to stalk someone, one must have the environmental conditions in their life to be able to do so. For instance, they must have a great deal of alone time, during which they have nothing else to do and no one expecting them to be somewhere (ie. No kids, or have kids part time, and No wife). I would say that it's likely this person has a lot of extra time on their hands. If they have a job, it is likely requires minimum time requirements and they don't have a whole lot going on outside of work. I think that the fact it was so cleans says a lot about how the individual's brain works. Organized and efficient. College kids brains' frontal lobes are not fully developed. They don't have the executive functioning (ie. ability to plan, organize) that someone over the age of thirty does.
Very well thought out and convincing. You very well could be right. Thanks for articulating this for me. I think your techno expertise is very significant and has changed the way I am looking at this which nothing else I've read before now has. Up until now the only thing possibly putting her at the house later was her login for her online class. Learning that it does not automatically log you out after a specific time of being idle I just assumed then that one could not rely on that and was more apt to believe she was taken on her jog. Solidifying this for me was that she did not pick up the car or make arrangements with her brother to get the car the following day. Perhaps that was her plan but she never had the time to tell him that because she was interrupted by an intruder.

Your description of a possible perp is spot on and very well reasoned out. It actually creeped me out reading it because it really is so clear to me and so possibly accurate.

My own hubby is well versed in IT and digital matters and I had considered asking him but he long ago gave up on attempting to explain these things to me. He has told me many times that some people should not be allowed to use computers or digital devices and yes, he is referring to me LOL You explained it in a way I could understand. Thanks!

Last edited:
The main point of my post was originally only to highlight the hard time LE had in getting digital records despite the disappearance. I wonder if LE is having any similar problems in this case. When I was reading through the article I saw that strange quote. Just to be clear, I do not currently believe in any way that Mollie committed suicide (nothing points in that direction), but a stranger outcome (of any kind) than expected in this case wouldn't be surprise me at this point. Not in the least.

Thank you for explaining, QED. RT is about as perfect a parent spokesmen as I've seen.

I wish there were some way to legally and practically speedup the process for LE and families to get the information faster without jumping through hoops and waiting. When we can watch Mark Zuckerberg info drop Senators at a hearing, Apple stand on principle in criminal cases here then design censored system for China, I think there's a lot of space in the supposed standards to improve the process when it comes to missing people. I think Blaze Bernstein's parents are giving this some consideration.

Last edited:
The main point of my post was originally only to highlight the hard time LE had in getting digital records despite the disappearance. I wonder if LE is having any similar problems in this case. When I was reading through the article I saw that strange quote. Just to be clear, I do not currently believe in any way that Mollie committed suicide (nothing points in that direction), but a stranger outcome (of any kind) than expected in this case wouldn't be surprise me at this point. Not in the least.
There’s no indication that LE has had trouble obtaining the necessary data records. If this was the case, I’d expect a comment from LE to that effect. With this amount of publicity, those companies would feel quite a bit of pressure. I’d also expect LE to comment to this effect, in order to explain any lack of visible progress in this case, as they themselves, are feeling pressure from the public and media, for not finding Mollie.

There is one possibility that comes to mind. She runs back to the boyfriends and plans to call her brother for a ride or run to dinner at Moms.

As she arrives at the house, a 'friend' pulls up. [ friend of hers from high school, friend of her boyfriends, coworker of theirs, neighbor, etc.]

They have some valid excuse to need to come inside for a moment. Maybe they are picking something up, dropping something off, or offering her a blunt, or whatever they schemed to do...

The 'friend' says they are going [somewhere] and does she want to go along? She says NO< but can you drop me off at my mom's house? [ Or maybe just drop her off at the car?]

So she puts the dogs downstairs, she still has her running stuff on because she will shower and change at home, and/ or plans to come back later with the car.

In that scenario, there would be no signs of a break in, or a struggle, she'd still have her jogging clothes on, and she would just vanish quickly...
But we don't know if she was finished her run or not. We do no know much at all. No one is saying if her jogging gear was in the house or not. Surely they could tell by that, whether she arrived home, except if someone got her before she had a chance to shower.

They have some valid excuse to need to come inside for a moment.

YESSSSS. As she's arriving. Possibly 'happens' to pull up near the end of her jog while actually been following her since she left.

Waiting for my GoPro to upload, and this is my first time with YouTube so I won’t have video for you until tomorrow. But let me give you my thoughts on this:

What I really wanted to capture was the “feel” of Brooklyn that you can’t get from a map or even a street view. At this point I’m going to stop speculating until LE gives us some better info. My feeling, unequivocally, is that Mollie was not snatched off the streets of Brooklyn. Not during her run, not after, not at all.

Wow! Why do you say that?

Short article:

As you point out, not all psychopaths are murderers. (Some are also neuroscientists!)

Interesting point from the article:
"His particular allele for a serotonin transporter protein present in the brain, for example, is believed to put him at higher risk for psychopathic tendencies. But further analysis has shown that it can affect the development of the ventromedial prefrontal cortex (the area with characteristically low activity in psychopaths) in complex ways: It can open up the region to be more significantly affected by environmental influences, and so a positive (or negative) childhood is especially pivotal in determining behavioral outcomes."​

I'm way behind in the thread but wanted to chime in that this was a really great book. I couldn't put it down and read it in a weekend. Dr. Fallon went back and reevaluated different incidents in his life where he didn't realize at the time he was psychopathically detached and unemotional even if it wasn't an angry or violent situation. He had by all accounts a very loving family and great childhood, which really put the nature/nurture debate front and center in my mind.

Hypothetical...

It was raining (fact)... MT woke up and decided to walk/jog to her mom's house to get the car she shares with her brother then drive to work. She leaves BF house with an umbrella and starts walking... a familiar person sees MT walking in the rain and offers her a ride, she accepts, get in and the rest is history...

How would Fitbit track in this situation? LE would be able to see what time she woke up and took her first step on this day until she got into the car and sat down. For this scenario, let's say MT was sitting still and going along for the ride, even though the car was moving, it wouldn't track any distance/steps on the Fitbit App unless she was talking with her hands/moving her wrist while in the car, but we are assuming MT wasn't. An example would be... BF house to getting into the car is logged in at 500 total steps....then zero to little movements in the car for 20 + miles... MT gets out of the car alive, at an unknown location, and starts walking.. steps would then pick back up and be shown on the app as steps # 501,2,3,4 etc...it would NOT show her location or direction traveled. Hope this helps.
Do you have a source for the fact that it was raining? I know someone posted a weather report way back but I thought according to that report it had stopped by 6 : am, or at least was just misty. I would love the source you are getting that from, I believe you, I just wanted to see the whole weather report again, not the report prior to the day, but the report of what it had actually been doing. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Wow! Why do you say that?
I guess we'll find out tomorrow. My mental image of Brooklyn is a "sleepy little town". I'm wondering if maybe I'll have to rethink that after I see the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL