Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but that's from the Daily Mail. Read that article and they had several things wrong.
However if you can find a few more reliable sources I may be more inclined to pay attention, as long as the sources are not quoting the Daily Mail.

Reactions: d4j
Well, I think there is a reason that law enforcement stated that she returned home after her run. They probably found that information in browser history, and like I stated I don't believe she would have walked somewhere late at night or planned to go to her mother's home without her mom knowing in advance that she was coming over.
Re: type of person.
If it happened at home which I highly suspect it did, this person must have known she would be at that house, at that time, and alone. That means, he must have stalked her to some degree. To be able to stalk someone, one must have the environmental conditions in their life to be able to do so. For instance, they must have a great deal of alone time, during which they have nothing else to do and no one expecting them to be somewhere (ie. No kids, or have kids part time, and No wife). I would say that it's likely this person has a lot of extra time on their hands. If they have a job, it is likely requires minimum time requirements and they don't have a whole lot going on outside of work. I think that the fact it was so cleans says a lot about how the individual's brain works. Organized and efficient. College kids brains' frontal lobes are not fully developed. They don't have the executive functioning (ie. ability to plan, organize) that someone over the age of thirty does.

Welcome, Stephen Smith. Thank you so much for being here and taking to time to share this.

Excellent first post. Very helpful, well considered and expressed. Thank you.

I hope you continue.

Waiting for my GoPro to upload, and this is my first time with YouTube so I won’t have video for you until tomorrow. But let me give you my thoughts on this:

What I really wanted to capture was the “feel” of Brooklyn that you can’t get from a map or even a street view. At this point I’m going to stop speculating until LE gives us some better info. My feeling, unequivocally, is that Mollie was not snatched off the streets of Brooklyn. Not during her run, not after, not at all.
Thank you for doing this.

But we don't know if she was finished her run or not. We do no know much at all. No one is saying if her jogging gear was in the house or not. Surely they could tell by that, whether she arrived home, except if someone got her before she had a chance to shower.

No, we don't know if she finished her run. But some are saying that her route is such, that it would be very hard to abduct her without being seen.

So it makes me wonder if someone might have followed her back, pretended to just happen by as she returned, and made up a convincing story.

Then they offered her a ride to her car?

I checked the weather records and that’s exactly what they indicate.

While not raining yet, I wonder if it LOOKED like it was going to rain. If she even thought it MIGHT start raining at some point during her journey it is almost as effective as if it is actually raining. I know I make decisions that way (because weather predictions suck). Does anybody know how overcast it was at the times in question?

Making more sense now. I wonder if this was her HS, and she was comfortable with it as a cut-thru (lots of parking lot cameras?). Again - good work.
That was her High School but, I have heard no mention of parking lot cameras being there.

But we don't know if she was finished her run or not. We do no know much at all. No one is saying if her jogging gear was in the house or not. Surely they could tell by that, whether she arrived home, except if someone got her before she had a chance to shower.

Her mother said that her jogging clothes, shoes, phone, armband to hold her phone, and earbuds are all missing. (The only other thing I could think of is keys--and no ones said if they were present, absent, or indeed, if she had any.)

I'll leave you with this for tonight. Here's the drive from Deep River to Brooklyn. It's pretty boring, but you'll see the area of the hog farms around Guernsey and get a feel for that area. You'll also see that what they call a "wildlife area" is probably not what you had in mind, you can't even see Brooklyn from the truck stops, and I'm not much of a narrator. (and you're in for a shock if you think I'm female because of my username)

Go full screen, it's 1080HD

Welcome! Thank you for the information on the accuracy of the location of the phone ping. I was just trying to look up that information.
I agree completely with your theory. Thank you for your technical expertise and for taking the time to share your thoughts on what might have happened to MT.

ETA The dogs were allowed to sleep in the bed with the homeowners at night. They were apparently kept in the basement when nobody was home because it kept them more calm.
I do have food out at all times for my dogs, but they seem to know how to pace themselves and fortunately neither has gone into a diabetic coma yet. :)
REar
Welcome! Thank you for the information on the accuracy of the location of the phone ping. I was just trying to look up that information.
I agree completely with your theory. Thank you for your technical expertise and for taking the time to share your thoughts on what might have happened to MT.

ETA The dogs were allowed to sleep in the bed with the homeowners at night. They were apparently kept in the basement when nobody was home because it kept them more calm.
I do have food out at all times for my dogs, but they seem to know how to pace themselves and fortunately neither has gone into a diabetic coma yet. :)

Wow great post
Thanks and welcome

Hi,
I am new here. I am a technology professional and a bit of a hacker and technology forensic as well.
My thoughts are:
If they have MT's laptop and her phone was synced to a Google or an iCloud account (which nearly all phones are these days) then LE should have to all of the location information they would need to track MTs location up to the time she disappeared, especially if she was taking her phone on her runs, as many witnesses have claimed. Moreover, the back up of the phone should include all of the data files LE would need to read all of the messages that were on the phone when it was last backed up. That said, it seems that LE may be wasting time trying to obtain the Fitbit information via warrants when that same information is probably within an apple or Google account.

Browser and application use history would also be useful information to have. This would be useful in understanding MT's state of mind before the disappearance. I can't imagine she would have disappeared willingly without looking up something related to the topic of doing so.

I also wonder if they have checked the router logs from her boyfriend's house. At the very least that would give them an idea of the last time one of her devices was connected to the wifi network within the house and would, therefore, give them an idea of whether she was taken from the house or whether she disappeared during the run. Under ideal circumstances, the router data could give them browser history, password hashes, etc.

Correct me if I am wrong, but we don't know for sure that the last ping came from near WCs pig farm. That is speculation, correct?
Even if we were 100% certain of the last tower the phone pinged that doesn't necessarily give a highly accurate representation of her location, especially if we don't know the locations of other cell towers in the area.

Assuming:
-that the FBI has someone who is better at this stuff than me, and knowing that if I had MTs laptop, I would have been able to gather and analyze all of the aforementioned data within a timeframe of 1-5 days
- that RTs messaging to the public about "someone she knew took her" is strategic;
- that anyone who loves their dogs enough to hire a dogsitter for them wouldn't normally be keeping them in the basement with plenty of food and water. ( I feed my dog two times a day a rationed portion of food, because if I let him have access to unlimited amounts of food, he would eat himself into a gluttonous diabetic coma)
- that if she left her boyfriend's house after her run to walk to her mom's, she would have communicated that to her mom in some fashion.

My conclusion is that she was likely taken by someone who knew her from her bfs house and who she had interacted with at least a few times. This person likely knew her well enough to know that she would feel better about leaving the house if she knew the dogs would be fed if she did not return. He knew her well enough to know her routine and when she would be most vulnerable. I imagine this person stalked her, which means he would have had to possess the time to do so. I would guess that he is likely a divorced father, a college student, unemployed, disabled, retired, and/or someone whose profession it is to sit around in a car and wait for something to happen (LE) (no offense).
The absence of a crime scene tells me that his attack was planned out, and that this person is meticulous and organized, and would also lead me to believe that it is probable that he older than college age.
He probably owns a gun.
I believe he probably was knocked on the door while she was doing homework. He lied and said there was something he needed help with (ie. Flat tire). She let him in for a minute. He pulled a gun. She said, ok dont shoot, let me feed the dogs and I will go with you. He follows her downstairs. She feeds dogs. He tells her to get her phone. She gets phone. They get in his vehicle, he tells her to power off the phone, and they leave.

Hopefully she is being held somewhere and she is not dead. If I was LE, I would be looking at divorced dad's who occasionally picked their kids up from daycare, who own guns, and who have large properties with multiple structures on site or second properties where they could hold someone hostage without being discovered.
Wow great post
Thankyou and welcome

What would induce her to get into someone's car when her habits are to have a run, make arrangements for the car, eat, do homework, prepare for the field trip, and sleep at either her mom's or her boyfriend's house?

What would cause her to break that routine?

I think her routine is what the perp counted on, whether well acquainted or not with Mollie. Her completely normal way of doing things predictability is exactly what may have been part of the draw. This person knew what to expect of Mollie and could plan for it.

No, we don't know if she finished her run. But some are saying that her route is such, that it would be very hard to abduct her without being seen.

So it makes me wonder if someone might have followed her back, pretended to just happen by as she returned, and made up a convincing story.

Then they offered her a ride to her car?
I agree with that, but wouldn't she have showered and wouldn't her running clothes be in the laundry basket? There is not enough info out there.

It is said she was on her computer until late in the evening. She did not go to her mom's house. I wonder if someone or something caused he to go outside or to quickly go somewhere with them. It is of some's opinion that she willingly got into a car with someone. What type of a situation would cause her to do that? Did someone convince her there was an emergency? That could cause her to secure the dogs in the basement and leave behind her wallet and glasses. She still had her fitbit on and would of course take her cell.

Does anybody know the statistics of stranger vs familiar abductions in terms of outcome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho