Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would there have been any kind of event going on at the high school that night in July? This is assuming she was walking to her mom's after her jog and cut through the high school parking lot. Maybe she ran in to someone she knows there? It looks like the school also has a gym facility (wellness center) that they have open to the public from 5:00 AM - 10:00 PM. Just throwing out possibilities of where she might have run into someone.

Wellness Building

GREAT find! And I really do wonder about cameras at the high school....inside also, which may show who had been using the Wellness Building. (Which is open to public, but looks like there is still a membership application). I hope LE has taken a look at the membership list if cameras aren’t available.

Last edited:
GREAT find! And I really do wonder about cameras at the high school....inside also, which may show who had been using the Wellness Building.
I said this last night and was completely ignored . Actually I brought up the adjoining park that looks to be obscured by trees a bit from Google street view and is across the street from the road Mollies mom lives on.

Wait. Yesterday I speculated that it could be an adult authority figure, perhaps married with kids, who systematically woo'd her. And then perhaps when he found out that her boyfriend was out of town he convinced her to 'hang out'. However, that would only work on the assumption that she made it back from her run. However, with seemingly ONLY her Fitbit and iPhone missing, it implies that she went missing while ON her run. IOW, it is highly unlikely that she went anywhere (willingly) after she returned, and considering she still had her Fitbit with her an abduction would have to have occurred almost immediately after she returned. That is doubtful - almost implausible.

Indeed, pretty much nothing else outside of her going missing while on her nightly run make sense, because even if she was abducted en route to her mom's the next morning she would have likely had her purse/ID/wallet and other essentials with her because she was on her way to work. And there is pretty much NO WAY she would've left that night to go to her mom's.

So I am convinced that whatever happened to her occurred on her run.

JMO.

There are two witnesses that saw Mollie running on that last day, correct? One says they saw her running and one said they saw her walking nonchalantly. Does this make sense with the route we think she took? It’s always possible that she took a walk break in the middle of the run but probably not as likely if she was an avid runner.

Two are named as having seen her run: NH on West Pershing and DR on 2nd. Have you seen @Jennifermn’s map? You can click on the pins to see various points of interest or sightings :
Possible Eye Witness Sightings of MT - Google My Maps

RT on Des Moines and Jackson saw her walking.

Came across this on twitter, although unable to access due to my location.

‘Three women report being assaulted on rural Iowa roads’

Three women report being assaulted on rural Iowa roads

**irrelevant article from a year ago**

I don't think the fact that the article is from a year ago makes the information irrelevant. If there's information that this person was caught after the article was published and is still jailed, then I could agree.

But I suppose she could've met a fitness-oriented married adult authority figure for a run and then things got out of hand? Or his wife followed him and things got out of hand?

Or has anyone considered (or are we even allowed to consider) authority figures who may be out on patrol a lot?

JMO.

Second Video - Arriving in Brooklyn (I'm posting these one at a time, will recap all together afterwards. Please note, comments are specifically disabled. I'm not a youtuber, not interested in followers or likes).

This is a continuation of my previous video, now entering Brooklyn on Clay St (V18). Most traffic entering Brooklyn will come this way, turning left (west) on 2nd St / Hwy 6 and arriving at the Casey’s corner. This intersection is by far the most frequented in town.

This is where my day got weird - there’s something going on in the corner of Casey’s parking lot and there are already several cars where I planned to park. As I pull in I realize that’s Rob Tibbetts giving an interview. There’s a lot of noise as I get my GoPro out of the mount and my silent partner (my daughter) is waving to me to stop filming. And this is where I need to explain the rest of my trip:

I’ve got tremendous respect for this community. Under normal circumstances I would be considered and treated as a local, but I’m feeling a tension brewing in this town now. I feel weird being an out-of-towner with a camera, it makes people uncomfortable. And really, I don’t blame them. Under these circumstances I’m going to respectfully keep my distance and my camera is staying in my car.

And again, please forgive my lack of narration and youtube skills. This is all new to me.

I said this last night and was completely ignored . Actually I brought up the adjoining park that looks to be obscured by trees a bit from Google street view and is across the street from the road Mollies mom lives on.

Sorry CheetosDust. I wasn't able to catch up on all the posts from yesterday! I definitely think this is something that LE hopefully looked into.

I recall DJ said MT uses Fitbit to track her sleep leading me to conclude she wears it virtually all of the time. PS I don’t recall the source of this information and am not going to search for it.

Fitbit really encourages you to wear it all the time, more like a lifestyle band then a fitness tracker, by displaying fireworks when you have reached your daily step goal to rewarding you with badges.

For example:
"Salute!
You've earned the Italy badge
By walking 1,184 kilometers—the entire length of Italy—you've stepped your way to another lifetime badge. That's a colossal achievement!"

But I suppose she could've met a fitness-oriented married adult authority figure for a run and then things got out of hand? Or his wife followed him and things got out of hand?

Or has anyone considered (or are we even allowed to consider) authority figures who may be out on patrol a lot?

JMO.
Mollie was reportedly known to wear her fit bit all the time, even while sleeping. I'm not convinced she was taken on her run. MOO.

Okay,
I thought I read some Fitbit wearers think they are uncomfortable and remove them after running.
Perhaps I misunderstood and they were referring to the cell phone holder.
Would it have been reasonable for her to remove EITHER if she had settled in for the evening?
Apparently this is up for debate like so many other things about this case like how many red shirts are there.
Uncomfortable to wear? - Fitbit Community

I think you are thinking of the arm band for the cell phone. It would be out of the norm to keep wearing that after a run. I would expect her to have taken that off.

not a red herring... it actually connected the dots with another sexual assault victim of Jesse Matthews..

Morgan Harrington's T-shirt the key connection to Jesse Matthew Jr.

I am sure dna testing will be done on the red shirt to make a confirmation one way or another.

I am sorry I thought the Mettalica T Shirt was left to deceive and throw suspicion onto the surrounding area of student apts, when Jesse Matthews was not a student at all rather a taxi driver.
Are you saying that having DNA on it doesn't make it deceitful , to throw suspicion on someone else----stupid because of DNA left on it --but no one had Jesse's DNA to compare it with at the time. What was it 5 years later they made him for the Heather Grahm murder and then that DNA was compared and solved the 5 year case.

It reminds me of sherry Arnold a teacher in Sidney montana who went missing on a run, some random drug addicts where driving through town and swooped up sherry right of the road, one of the crack head killed sherry when she was trying to flee.

<modsnipped- not necessary>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll leave you with this for tonight. Here's the drive from Deep River to Brooklyn. It's pretty boring, but you'll see the area of the hog farms around Guernsey and get a feel for that area. You'll also see that what they call a "wildlife area" is probably not what you had in mind, you can't even see Brooklyn from the truck stops, and I'm not much of a narrator. (and you're in for a shock if you think I'm female because of my username)

Go full screen, it's 1080HD

Thank you for posting this. I went the opposite way down 21 from Brooklyn in the Google car on street view. Glad you pulled into the Deep River wildlife area. I couldn’t get in there with the Google car and really wanted to see if it went further in there. Great commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog