Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the bigger point is that she is reported missing with her fitness clothes as last seen, and her iPhone and Fitbit being the only things known missing. That would indicate she likely didn't go willingly anywhere with anyone AFTER her run (re: a known person who woo'd her, for example). And if she did go missing after her run, it would more likely have had to have been virtually immediately after she returned because A) what she was reported missing with and B) reports that the house was undisturbed and dogs were in still in basement. While true she may have worn her Fitbit all the time, it is far less likely that she spent more than 15 minutes in her sweaty clothes when she returned, and the chances of a random abductor allowing her to bring her phone is pretty much nil.

JMO.
I completely agree with most of this. I think she likely still had her phone on her in a pocket or wherever she kept it. Unless she had It out and in her hand or by her and then maybe the attacker wasn’t so random but had planned her abduction and was tech savvy and clever as Steven Smith suggested on WS last night and wanted the phone to dispose of so he could use it to implicate someone else.

Someone posted that small towns think they are immune from crime. That simply is not true. Towns don't come much smaller then mine and I am fully aware of what goes on day to day in my direct surroundings. In fact it is probably more apparent to us when something is off because very little if anything changes around us so something out of place sticks out. Just because zero to low crime areas do not experience things often, it certainly doesn't mean we feel immune to it and are not aware. Every time my GSD barks or puts his nose up to signal he is sniffing, I am off my chair and looking out the window to see what's up. In my case it is usually an animal that wandered out of the forest but I never take the risk of it being the two legged animal instead. I would much rather be face to face with a bear or a moose, both of which I have been, then the 2 legged animal. 4 legged animals have no guile whilst 2 legged animals often do.

My initial thought was something similar to do with the co-op, but not so sure when the eyewitnesses are thrown in. I feel like I need just a smidgen more of info on the timeline!

The co-op camera being down is interesting. Could be a coincidence. But I just recently watched an episode of Cold Justice about the murder of Nori Jones. A neighbor's dog went nuts during the night, but looking out, he couldn't see anything because the light that normally shone on her back door was out. In the episode when interviewed, he said he saw a man doing something with the light a few days before the murder but thought not much of it at the time.

I suppose she could have made it to the house/driveway area before something happened to her. That would explain having her running garb still on but also would explain an undisturbed house and dogs in the basement still. It would also explain why someone would not be in a rush to fix the camera. All just MOO.

It would certainly be curious to know of a connection between someone named in MSM and that curiously located business with busted security cameras! JMO!

I'm sorry if this topic has been brought up before.
But has anyone heard the wherabouts of the keys (if any) that she had? If it is missing or if it has been found in DJ's home along with her other items?
With conflicting reports being brought out, I feel like it's a key piece on whether she reached home or not.

I’m taking all of the witness sightings with a grain of salt. Sometimes people get their days mixed up, and if Mollie was regularly out there running, it is entirely possible that they saw her on a different evening. Not to mention that some people are looking for their 15 minutes...
I remember the tree cutter sighting of Sherri Papini, and other neighbors supposedly seeing her at the mailboxes-yet the FBI said she was last seen dropping off at the daycare.
I trust electronic data more than eyewitness sightings. I don’t put much stock in the glasses/contacts thing either. She seemed pretty self sufficient and who knows how many pairs of contacts she had. If she wasn’t going someplace that required an ID she may have left it home. I don’t think anybody knows how many red shirts she owns-my kids have a ton of T-shirts that they borrow back and forth from friends.
The missing armstrap for her phone is important, though. That’s not something you use unless you plan on running.

I'm sorry if this topic has been brought up before.
But has anyone heard the wherabouts of the keys (if any) that she had? If it is missing or if it has been found in DJ's home along with her other items?
With conflicting reports being brought out, I feel like it's a key piece on whether she reached home or not.
Her keys were in DJ's house.......RT sighting time, please ?......Anyone remember ?

I agree this is especially an important detail. Also important is if the two eyewitnesses that saw her running/walking even accurately remember that she was out that night. Or, if they were recalling a previous night considering she ran regularly. Moo.
Agreed! In DR's siting he references black capri yoga pants. That doesn't go along with what we were told she was wearing.

Second Video - Arriving in Brooklyn (I'm posting these one at a time, will recap all together afterwards. Please note, comments are specifically disabled. I'm not a youtuber, not interested in followers or likes).

This is a continuation of my previous video, now entering Brooklyn on Clay St (V18). Most traffic entering Brooklyn will come this way, turning left (west) on 2nd St / Hwy 6 and arriving at the Casey’s corner. This intersection is by far the most frequented in town.

This is where my day got weird - there’s something going on in the corner of Casey’s parking lot and there are already several cars where I planned to park. As I pull in I realize that’s Rob Tibbetts giving an interview. There’s a lot of noise as I get my GoPro out of the mount and my silent partner (my daughter) is waving to me to stop filming. And this is where I need to explain the rest of my trip:

I’ve got tremendous respect for this community. Under normal circumstances I would be considered and treated as a local, but I’m feeling a tension brewing in this town now. I feel weird being an out-of-towner with a camera, it makes people uncomfortable. And really, I don’t blame them. Under these circumstances I’m going to respectfully keep my distance and my camera is staying in my car.

And again, please forgive my lack of narration and youtube skills. This is all new to me.
Watching these videos it's a shock to think there's a missing girl in such a peaceful area.

I’m taking all of the witness sightings with a grain of salt. Sometimes people get their days mixed up, and if Mollie was regularly out there running, it is entirely possible that they saw her on a different evening. Not to mention that some people are looking for their 15 minutes...
I remember the tree cutter sighting of Sherri Papini, and other neighbors supposedly seeing her at the mailboxes-yet the FBI said she was last seen dropping off at the daycare.
I trust electronic data more than eyewitness sightings. I don’t put much stock in the glasses/contacts thing either. She seemed pretty self sufficient and who knows how many pairs of contacts she had. If she wasn’t going someplace that required an ID she may have left it home. I don’t think anybody knows how many red shirts she owns-my kids have a ton of T-shirts that they borrow back and forth from friends.
The missing armstrap for her phone is important, though. That’s not something you use unless you plan on running.
I agree about the contacts, I am thinking she had some in throughout the timeline. Most people have disposables, if she does then the ones left at home are a moot point. If she didn't and was jogging blind, that leaves even more window for an abduction because it would be possible someone called out to her or got close enough to her that she didn't see them in time. MOO

Hm, link? I don’t think it’s been reported when he saw her walking.
Riley said he reached out to authorities after he recognized Tibbetts' picture on Facebook. He said he saw her jogging past his home around 9 p.m. on July 18, the night before her family reported her missing.Man fears he was last person to see missing college student

ETA Going off the 9:00 time, if accurate, it may have been dark when she returned home, possibly making a broken camera and light on the Co-op a significant clue.

On RT sighting time..... I cannot find it anywhere.....Thank you to all who replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95