Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It reminds me of sherry Arnold a teacher in Sidney montana who went missing on a run, some random drug addicts where driving through town and swooped up sherry right of the road, one of the crack head killed sherry when she was trying to flee.

Brooklyn is right off the busy interstate, girls running at night is a well known no-no small towns just think there immune, its almost obvious that's what happened here.

Respectfully disagree that anything other than her being missing is obvious. Assuming she was running that evening, the suspected times are before dark.

Two are named as having seen her run: NH on West Pershing and DR on 2nd. Have you seen @Jennifermn’s map? You can click on the pins to see various points of interest or sightings :
Possible Eye Witness Sightings of MT - Google My Maps

RT on Des Moines and Jackson saw her walking.
I’m still extremely curious the timeframe RT saw her walking. If it was way after the DR sighting than one can conclude that she may have finished her jog and decided to walk to her moms to grab a quick bite to eat and the car for the next morning. Some ppl keep telling me not to get caught up on minor details BUT I really think it’s a big detail. JMHO. That makes a huge difference between she was snatched on her run vs she was snatched on her way to her moms. Anyone else agree?

I don’t necessarily think it should be immediately classified as irrelevant just because it is a year old. Often a sk or a rapist will lay low for a while after an attack until the “urge” returns or investigation dies down.
I'm still looking at it, just didn't want to steer the thread in a direction that may be a wild goose chase. Probably should not have used the word "irrelevant." Sorry about that.
Google Maps

I’m still extremely curious the timeframe RT saw her walking. If it was way after the DR sighting than one can conclude that she may have finished her jog and decided to walk to her moms to grab a quick bite to eat and the car for the next morning. Some ppl keep telling me not to get caught up on minor details BUT I really think it’s a big detail. JMHO. That makes a huge difference between she was snatched on her run vs she was snatched on her way to her moms. Anyone else agree?
I agree this is especially an important detail. Also important is if the two eyewitnesses that saw her running/walking even accurately remember that she was out that night. Or, if they were recalling a previous night considering she ran regularly. Moo.

I wonder which Fitbit model M had. I have a Charge 2, which cost a bit over $100.00. Like M, I never remove mine, except to shower, which really isn't necessary - just me. Fitbit has more models, including the Versa ($200 - $230), that has more options. Knowing which model she had could enhance the search and our ideas. Shop Fitbit | Fitness Trackers, Smartwatches, and More

IMO - LE knows exactly who took MT (or who she went with - any way you want to phrase it).

However, they simply don't have enough solid evidence to arrest them (or find her) and that's why they don't need the publics help anymore (there are no more "aha" tips - if there ever were any - as the electronics most likely were their best clues).

And that also explains why they've cancelled recent PC's repeatedly.

What time was the RT sighting ? I cannot remember. The DR sighting was between 8pm-9pm and I thought that was the last sighting and the most Eastern sighting.

Some MOO "if-then" theories to muddle over:

Beginning from the house, using Jennifer's map(Possible Eye Witness Sightings of MT - Google My Maps):

If she was abducted from the house(map pin 1), which was undisturbed according to her BF, she would have probably still been outside of it, and could have been taken then. Then that means the two witnesses who think they saw her(map pin 2,3) were mistaken either about the person, day, time, etc. That seems unlikely, since two separate people seeing the same person is pretty much solid.

If she ran her usual route, and made it to the next sighting, this would bring up to the point where her mom gets a text about dinner. Then *something unknown happens* right at this junction(probably pin of the funeral home sighting on the map). There appears to be a home robbed in close vicinity reported at that moment as well. She could have been headed to her mom's for dinner yet at this time. If she was, then we'd need to know the route taken to get there, and we don't have that. So if this is the point where *something weird happens*, it's something like someone taking her away(to a place out of the town, hence the fitbit ping at the farm(pins 9 and 10 on map). I don't see the last time her devices pinged reported anywhere.

We know she did not go to her mother's for dinner. Her brother and mother say she was *doing homework on her computer* but we still don't know if it was a laptop or desk top. If it was a laptop, then she could have taken it with her and been doing homework somewhere else. If it's a desktop, then the time stamp should show when she was at home. We don't have that piece of info yet.

If the next witness did actually see her, and not someone else going by, then we have her talking on her phone, which means she may have stopped running to answer a call. We don't know if it was Mollie, and the police have not confirmed if there was a phone call made from her phone at that time.

If the last person to see her really did see her, and she was just jogging as usual, we have her heading towards her house. If the person who saw her walking and talking on her phone is correct, then this could mean she a. Was jogging her usual route. b. Got a phone call and someone asked her to meet/stop by/or they would stop by. C. She heads back in the direction of the house to change/get her basic stuff. D. *something totally unusual happens at this point* E. Nothing more is heard from her until the BF opens a Snapchat which shows her indoors.

He says he doesn't remember what the caption said, but if it said something like, OMG help, then he would have probably remembered that. Ditto if it was some sort of language she shares with him like a code word if she's in trouble. So, it either was a casual shot with a regular "how's it going" caption, or it was an attempt to get help. The BF has said they were texting back and forth as usual that night. So during all of the possible scenarios above, she was texting while all of the timeline was happening.

So that leaves this text/snapchat/calling. If it was actually Mollie doing the posting, then something weird happened right in the middle of it suddenly.

But if someone had her somewhere she did not want to stay in, whomever that may be, it could have been that person texting/snapchatting/captioning.

As an aside, I am going to go with the scenario that her brother dropped her off at the BF's house when he said he did, which would begin the timeline right before pin 1 on the map.

Last edited:
There are 2 types of altas.. 1 for heart rate and one without. The one with the HR option is more expensive . I have the regular Alta without.. however, my hubby has the Bells and whistles Fitbit and it tracks everything so i know how the HR tracking works.

If she was an avid runner her heart rate would have peeks and lows, probably around the same time during her run and when she was finished. The heart rate stopped on the FB could be from the battery deplete, FB destroyed, it fell off or her heart rate stopped..

Remember... fb app tells you the Fb battery level, by the time this data was accessed by LE the fitbit would have obviously been at 0% so, in hindsight... if the fb data was accessed immediately, and she was actually wearing it on her wrist and her HR + steps showed 0 + the battery level showed charged at 90%, I would assume she was deceased.

Too many varrying factors to make an accurate assumption, especially not having any of this data from LE or knowing if she had the HR Alta or not.

Tracking the Mollie Tibbetts Story
Fox News podcast with Bill Hemmer and reporters Christina Corbin and Andrew Keiper, who have been reporting from Iowa.

Christina Corbin says the red shirt that was found kind of took off on social media, that her understanding is that somebody mowing grass in an area near WC's farm found a red shirt but so far they have not heard that the red shirt is connected in any way to Mollie's disappearance.

Andrew Keiper says that Mollie's mom said on background that she had seen the shirt that they had found and that it wasn't Mollie's.
Not sure how much we should be taking this podcast as factual information as both reporters say that DJ left for work travel on the 18th, yet in interviews and timelines posted on this forum state he left on the 17th.

Last edited:
Yes, I've tried to find the time of RT's sighting and still no luck. :(

Second Video - Arriving in Brooklyn (I'm posting these one at a time, will recap all together afterwards. Please note, comments are specifically disabled. I'm not a youtuber, not interested in followers or likes).

This is a continuation of my previous video, now entering Brooklyn on Clay St (V18). Most traffic entering Brooklyn will come this way, turning left (west) on 2nd St / Hwy 6 and arriving at the Casey’s corner. This intersection is by far the most frequented in town.

This is where my day got weird - there’s something going on in the corner of Casey’s parking lot and there are already several cars where I planned to park. As I pull in I realize that’s Rob Tibbetts giving an interview. There’s a lot of noise as I get my GoPro out of the mount and my silent partner (my daughter) is waving to me to stop filming. And this is where I need to explain the rest of my trip:

I’ve got tremendous respect for this community. Under normal circumstances I would be considered and treated as a local, but I’m feeling a tension brewing in this town now. I feel weird being an out-of-towner with a camera, it makes people uncomfortable. And really, I don’t blame them. Under these circumstances I’m going to respectfully keep my distance and my camera is staying in my car.

And again, please forgive my lack of narration and youtube skills. This is all new to me.

Love these videos. Thank you for posting them. Beautiful scenery. Did you happen to drive around the residential areas?

So glad the source of this information was cleared up. I have been scouring sources trying to find the original place that I found the information when I posted it. Don't understand why it hasn't been fixed and why a new building that no doubt has full lightning rod protection system due to the area issues hasn't been fixed yet? Odd that this is taking so long...its an electric company, security is impt as they supply a decent sized region and payments are dropped off in the box 24/7? Strange.

And didn't they just get a new IT manager 3 months ago? Seems the camera/security system would fall under his purview.

IMO - LE knows exactly who took MT (or who she went with - any way you want to phrase it).

However, they simply don't have enough solid evidence to arrest them (or find her) and that's why they don't need the publics help anymore (there are no more "aha" tips - if there ever were any - as the electronics most likely were there best clues).

And that also explains why they've cancelled recent PC's repeatedly.

Many times when they have zero new information, they cancel press conferences, as there isn't anything new to talk to, they always have a tip line. You cant take away or ad anything by lack of development in the case.

Not sure how much we should be taking this podcast as factual information as both reporters say that JD left for work travel on the 18th, yet in interviews and timelines posted on this forum state he left on the 17th.
Well as we all know there has been a lot of misinformation since day one. At this point it's anyone's guess what is true and what isn't.

Came across this on twitter, although unable to access due to my location.

‘Three women report being assaulted on rural Iowa roads’

Three women report being assaulted on rural Iowa roads

**irrelevant article from a year ago**

Written by Kristin Rogers, Multimedia Journalist
Posted: 25, 2017 10:14 PM EDTUpdated: Aug 25, 2017 10:23 PM EDT

(KWWL) -
Three women say they were assaulted along rural roads this month.

One of the alleged assaults happened just before 5 this morning in Linn County.

<modsnipped copyright infringement>

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how much we should be taking this podcast as factual information as both reporters say that JD left for work travel on the 18th, yet in interviews and timelines posted on this forum state he left on the 17th.
Who is JD? I would have to go back and listen, but I believe they were talking about BJ (DJ's brother).

Second Video - Arriving in Brooklyn (I'm posting these one at a time, will recap all together afterwards. Please note, comments are specifically disabled. I'm not a youtuber, not interested in followers or likes).

This is a continuation of my previous video, now entering Brooklyn on Clay St (V18). Most traffic entering Brooklyn will come this way, turning left (west) on 2nd St / Hwy 6 and arriving at the Casey’s corner. This intersection is by far the most frequented in town.

This is where my day got weird - there’s something going on in the corner of Casey’s parking lot and there are already several cars where I planned to park. As I pull in I realize that’s Rob Tibbetts giving an interview. There’s a lot of noise as I get my GoPro out of the mount and my silent partner (my daughter) is waving to me to stop filming. And this is where I need to explain the rest of my trip:

I’ve got tremendous respect for this community. Under normal circumstances I would be considered and treated as a local, but I’m feeling a tension brewing in this town now. I feel weird being an out-of-towner with a camera, it makes people uncomfortable. And really, I don’t blame them. Under these circumstances I’m going to respectfully keep my distance and my camera is staying in my car.

And again, please forgive my lack of narration and youtube skills. This is all new to me.

Nice work, my friend... And, much respect for the respect that you are showing your neighbors. Where I come from, that's called being a stand-up guy

Respectfully disagree that anything other than her being missing is obvious. Assuming she was running that evening, the suspected times are before dark.

Sherry's was morning, probably dawn, this one dusk, but its hard to believe she wasn't taken during run, probably as the run veered towards outside of the town. Sherry was running outside of city limits on bypass road, the more rural the area she was in the more likely it was there, as less chance of being witnessed, ripping her out of a house with dogs and neighbors going un noticed not likely, and nothing damaged in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog