Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone! Just wanted to thank Sharon Needles for the video posted after I went to bed last night. It gives people from other parts of the country (and world) a much better feel for the area, and I look forward to the walk-around video today. I value every member's input, but in these cases it is so beneficial to have locals on the board. Probably for almost all of us, it was one particular case, often local, that brought us here. For me, it was Brittanee Drexel because I live in NC, but have vacationed most of my life at Myrtle Beach. For those of you locals to the area that joined, thank you so much for caring about Mollie, and for your valuable input. However this case eventually is resolved, and we all pray that it will be, and with a good outcome, please consider sticking around this wonderful group of people that gather here. There are, and sadly always will be, so many more Mollies.
JMO
Where is the link to the video? I tried to find it before asking! Thanks.

Mollie Tibbetts, University of Iowa student, missing: Bill Hemmer dives deeper into the mystery disappearance

"On the night of Wednesday, July 18, the small town of Brooklyn, Iowa changed forever.

In a town of just 1,500 people, one of their own vanished when Mollie Tibbetts, a 20-year-old University of Iowa student, went out for a jog and didn’t come back.

Bill Hemmer, anchor of Fox News’ “America’s Newsroom” spoke with two reporters -- Andrew Keiper and Cristina Corbin -- covering a mystery that has gripped the nation."

Biggest take-away for me and just in case anyone missed it upstream: Andrew Keiper says that Mollie's mom said on background that she had seen the shirt that they had found and that it wasn't Mollie's.

If she was attacked while wearing the Fitbit, would it show her increased heartbeat? :(

Data stored in the Fitbit itself might show that heartrate change but to see it on the Fitbit cloud servers the Fitbit would have had to sync with that system and upload that information. It might be safe to assume if the Fitbit were forcibly removed from MT's wrist her phone also would be removed and likely then turned off or battery removed or destroyed... there would be no sync.

I honestly don't see how anyone stays awake driving those roads. You could almost tape your hands to the steering wheel and go to sleep. I have never seen highways that straight for that many miles. And with all those cornfields alongside the road, I believe that barring a confession from someone, they may need divine intervention to ever find Mollie. Beautiful countryside. :(

Would there have been any kind of event going on at the high school that night in July? This is assuming she was walking to her mom's after her jog and cut through the high school parking lot. Maybe she ran in to someone she knows there? It looks like the school also has a gym facility (wellness center) that they have open to the public from 5:00 AM - 10:00 PM. Just throwing out possibilities of where she might have run into someone.

Wellness Building

Biggest take-away for me and just in case anyone missed it upstream: Andrew Keiper says that Mollie's mom said on background that she had seen the shirt that they had found and that it wasn't Mollie's.

Other takeaways: Reporters were slightly frustrated that they couldn't get a one-on-one with investigators. One brief chat while bumping into an FBI agent at the home of WC. Conversely, townspeople are eager to talk with reporters. Sense of optimism on the part of Mollie's dad was noteworthy to reporters.

Good Morning, I hope today is the day Mollie's family gets her back.
I have to say one thing that makes me wince every time I see someone post it is when they say "Not that it matters in this case" or "How is that relevant in this case?". Since we know virtually zero about what actually happened, every discussion about some clarifying detail(terrain, timeline, family dynamics, schedules, etc. etc.) when discussing what facts(that's is verified, real data) we do have is pertinent until we have more facts to discuss.

There are miles of posts about speculations, what ifs, opinions, theories, and in the end none of that will matter as much as some tiny detail. The devil is in the details, and until they find her we have only to dissect the case as it stands. In the end, if this is solved, everyone will sit back and go "Ah, so that was it." and none of the wild possibilities will matter in this case.

I guess my point and MOO, every detail matters. We should focus on those. Until more is known.

You wouldn’t need a car to be lurking or hiding between the cornstalks, hanging out possibly doing drugs or up to no good and happen to a see a young pretty female run buy who was focused on running and listening to her iTunes. Perp comes up behind her covers her mouth and drags her into the cornfield and assaults her. Shes a small girl it wouldn’t be hard for a man. He could have a weapon gun or knife to her back. Destroys and/or powers off Fitbit and iPhone. Possibly bury them. Then perp runs off. She’s probably in those cornfields and won’t be found until Harvest in October.[/QUO

Wouldn't buzzards be flying around a corn field if there is a body out there..
She's either in water or a concrete shelter bunker where odor is not an issue.

Mollie stated in SM that LE approached her in the library and questioned her regarding a missing child. If there is no record of a missing child and if there is no official LE report, then this LE member should be questioned. Each LE member should take a lie detector test regarding this alleged incident. Maybe the FBI could facilitate this. Not LE bashing. Just looking at this with an open mind.

Dumb low tech dumb phone owner knowledge question ? - Is it possible to make it appear on your smart phone that you have sent someone a text, but you really did not send it at all ?
An even easier thing would be if whomever had the phone in their hands at the time, if not Mollie herself, texted her mom just scrolling through contacts and then asking a very generic question like "What's for dinner". No hacking required, no special skills. Just MOO.

I’ve mentioned this before but “getting to know Mollie,” means learning her habits, her personality, and delving into her relationships. Victimology is an essential component of conducting an investigation like this. If you understand your victim, you can begin to put the pieces together in regard to what may have happened.
I don’t think law enforcement wants people delving into her social media in order to help them in some way. They can do that on their own. They don’t need people wildly speculating as to her mindset, and reaching conclusions based on what she is wearing in photos. It’s just not helpful.
What is SM?

If she was attacked while wearing the Fitbit, would it show her increased heartbeat? Assumably...:(

If I physically push the button on my Charge HR fitbit, it will show me my current heartrate. If I sync my fitbit and look at the fitbit dashboard on my device, it shows me my heartrate throughout the day as 5-minute averages only. So a spike might show up or might not, depending on how long it lasts.

What would be most telling to me would be if the synced data showed continued movement but no heartbeat. This could mean death, of course, but could also indicate the fitbit being removed from a wrist and put into a pocket, for example. Hopefully by MT herself.

But as I've said before, if there had been (past tense because I assume both devices are out of battery now) any fitbit data visible it would have transmitted via her phone, and if her phone was on, then wouldn't its GPS capability give a precise location? I don't mean pings from a tower but actual GPS data? I don't have a smartphone so I'm not certain. But I've gone on walks with a friend whose phone in her pocket used a built in pedometer plus gps to get much more detailed information about our route than my fitbit showed (other than my bodily heartrate data, of course).

There are two witnesses that saw Mollie running on that last day, correct? One says they saw her running and one said they saw her walking nonchalantly. Does this make sense with the route we think she took? It’s always possible that she took a walk break in the middle of the run but probably not as likely if she was an avid runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member