Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted due to the fact that it was stated in an article that she did not see well without them. My vision is actually not all that bad and I could survive without mine in a crisis, but it would not be a good situation. I certainly would not go for a run or drive a car without them. Anyone who is dependent on corrective lenses would never go for a run without them, IMO. For me, it isn't about the amount of time but about what she planned to do and could she function without her vision. For that, I think it is relevant.
I am personally blind as a bat without my glasses so I certainly get the relevancy that you're relating it to. IMO she probably had contacts in when she disappeared if we're going on the theory of she left with or was picked up by someone she knew. If she couldn't see that well, then I would assume she wore contact when she was jogging, so she could see. I know her aunt posted about not having her glasses and her contacts were still there. There's no telling how many pairs of contacts she had, it's something we just don't know. If I had to guess she had more than one pair of contacts which is very common. Reading the little details of this case I think are simple. But we have been given nothing so we have to try and try to make it more than what it really is. For example, IMO wallet left at house = no need for a wallet. But could we all be wrong about everything? Yep!

So I had something happen yesterday that I thought I’d share. I stopped for gas, and a biker that had rode in on his Harley, approached me making small talk about the racks on top of my car. Asked, if I had a surf board (this is TN,) asked if I was a college student yada yada... I was friendly enough and obliging but really wanted to get the hell out of there. I give him a minute or two to make his small talk and then I left. That’s when it hit me. Being a female in the south, how many times have I ignored an instinct, just to be obliging or friendly? How many times, have I not wanted to be seen as rude, so I entertain conversation with someone I have no interest in talking to? How many other women do this on a frequent basis? I know I have numerous times and never really given it much of a thought. I wonder how many women have been harmed because they just didn’t want to come across as rude? I’m not saying this is the case with what happened to Mollie but this case has had me thinking for sure.
OT. Spend time working in NYC and traveling the subways and trains...and you learn never to even make eye contact. If someone comes at you or you see someone in your periphery or hear a voice that may be speaking to you. Keep marching on. Do not look. Do not speak. I live in a different area now but men will walk up to me when pumping my gas and ask if they can do it for me for a buck at wawa. Creepy. Ignore. Ignore.

She shared a car with her brother and he dropped her off at 5:30. She left for her run at 7:30. I think this is critical information, though, because my strong sense is that she was taken during travel between her BF's and her mother's home. When this happened, I'm not sure. Either she went straight to her mom's after her run, or she decided to stay at BF's and do homework, and went to her mom's in the morning.
Or she decided to walk to her Mom’s after she finished her homework?

I have NEVER seen a town with nobody outside. Nobody shopping, driving, playing, walking. It was like a Stephen King town. All the residents gone! I think I saw half a dozen humans on that 5 video drive.
Local blog said folks are staying in due to the press being in town and all the random folks driving through. Yesterday it was sad that a number of people said they didn't even want to leave to go to church due to the press.

I have NEVER seen a town with nobody outside. Nobody shopping, driving, playing, walking. It was like a Stephen King town. All the residents gone! I think I saw half a dozen humans on that 5 video drive.
I noticed that too. Depends on what’s going on in a small town, time of day, etc. I’ve lived in towns with a population of 10,000 and the residential streets sometimes look like a static display...and it can be eerie.

I suspect that those houses were built before central air was 'cheap and easy'. The white houses and light colored roofs would offer less heat absorption in the summer.

You will note the traditional barn is painted red. That is because farmers are traditionally Cincinnati Reds or St Louis Cardinal fans. No it isn't. Supposedly red paint is more anti-fungal and anti-moss. I used to recall in quantum mechanics red indicates a more stable molecular state, but not sure that is true.

Well that makes more sense to me now about the house color :) and very interesting about the red color for barns also. Thanks!

It also depends on whether she was nearsighted or farsighted. I'm nearsighted and wear contacts for distance. Without my contacts I see very well up close and have trouble reading with my contacts in. I usually remove my contacts when I get home where I need near distance vision more.
There are contact lens that can be worn overnight. So I never saw the issue with 'glasses and contacts at home'. She could have gas permeable lens in.

My guess is that her family knows exactly what type lenses she wears and if she wore overnight lenses they would not have mentioned her lenses being left behind. JMO.
Do they still prescribe those? My sister wore those 30 years ago. My lenses can be slept in but my eye doc frowns on it and does not recommend it.

I suspect that those houses were built before central air was 'cheap and easy'. The white houses and light colored roofs would offer less heat absorption in the summer.

You will note the traditional barn is painted red. That is because farmers are traditionally Cincinnati Reds or St Louis Cardinal fans. No it isn't. Supposedly red paint is more anti-fungal and anti-moss. I used to recall in quantum mechanics red indicates a more stable molecular state, but not sure that is true.

Reminded me of the Sears and Roebuck homes, we have some of them in one the towns where I live, they came in some type of kit.

Barns Are Painted Red Because of the Physics of Dying Stars | Smithsonian

Has anyone mulled over the idea that it could have been someone who was associated with the construction company that DJ and his brother worked at? They were aware the boys would be out of town for work but maybe didn't realize MT was staying at the house since there was no vehicle in the driveway? The house might have looked like nobody was home.Possibly broke into the house to rob them and stumbled across Mollie doing homework? If that person had a gun, how much "struggling" would there be? None? At that point what would they do if MT looked up and saw them in the house and she could recognize them? The robber could have even said DJ was in a construction accident and they needed to get to the hospital, just trying to save his arse of why he was in the house. Thus the whole MT "getting in the car willingly with someone she knew". Perhaps they didn't park in the driveway, if there was more than 1 person involved, the other one could have circled around or was told to return in 10-15 minutes to give the one guy ample time to rob the house. Car returns to the house to pick up robber left behind, he leads MT to the car in the dark with a gun in her ribs? I know, I am grasping.....

OT. Spend time working in NYC and traveling the subways and trains...and you learn never to even make eye contact. If someone comes at you or you see someone in your periphery or hear a voice that may be speaking to you. Keep marching on. Do not look. Do not speak. I live in a different area now but men will walk up to me when pumping my gas and ask if they can do it for me for a buck at wawa. Creepy. Ignore. Ignore.

Yuuuup. City life (Philadelphia in my case) will do that to ya.

For what it’s worth, there were way more cars in town than I’ve ever seen. 86 degrees and ridiculously humid. And seriously, you wouldn’t believe what a difference it makes when the Cubs are playing an afternoon televised game.
Thank you and thanks for making the tapes. After three weeks it gave me a real feel for Brooklyn, IA. I liked your remark too.
The one where you say 'my truck isn't local so I bet I've been called in three times already' tickled me!
I was really sad to see Mr. Tibbetts being interviewed all alone in that ghost town. Poor man away from home and can't find his daughter.

If she didn't leave on her own(I'm sure she didn't) it just goes to show just how sad and cruel this world of ours is. I've been running it through my head alot these past few weeks. What compels a human to want to hurt another one. I often ask my self. Ok you have a SK or someone that prays on people. How would they feel if it was done to them? I guess I have really been trying to comprehend how some people think. Life should be cherished but I guess that some people only cherish their own. I know this world and life is rarely fair but it just hurts and it just plain sucks at times. Sorry just some thoughts

I noticed that too. Depends on what’s going on in a small town, time of day, etc. I’ve lived in towns with a population of 10,000 and the residential streets sometimes look like a static display...and it can be eerie.
People are at work and school... or sitting on their computers. Why would they be outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaborde2576