Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they did in East Bay, CA. (must be what Nancy Grace was referring to in her Monday Podcast)

And a lack of a Brooklyn vigil is something that's been buggin me too for a while.

CBS - San Francisco:
East Bay Friends Of Missing Student Mollie Tibbetts Hold Vigil

What??? Is Nancy Grace making a fuss about how the family is dealing with the abduction of their daughter? Tell me I'm mistaken, please. She is not cranking nonsense about vigils, is she?
I think there's a NG thread somewhere on this website.

To me, the idea of implanting gps devices into my children is just as frightening as the idea of one going missing.
I was at a Monon trailhead just north of Indy when I met "Pirate Cat". I assumed he lived nearby. He had this weird device on him that I later learned was a GPS tracker. After googling him, I learned he had quite a record and his own facebook page. Anyway, I wouldn't implant a gps device into a kid, but I might stitch one like Pirate Cat had in their jacket or throw one in their backpack. Of course, I wouldn't look at it all the time, but if they didn't show up when they were supposed to I would have a reference to check. When they got older, I could track them by their phone.

Most car washes also have dumpsters. Although not unusual to witness patron dumping more than car litter, it would be unusual to see neighbor Alfred dumping a couple boxes or bags at the car wash when you know he has garbage service every Tuesday at his curb...
Great point. An easy way to dispose of a large amount of evidence.

Most car washes also have dumpsters. Although not unusual to witness patron dumping more than car litter, it would be unusual to see neighbor Alfred dumping a couple boxes or bags at the car wash when you know he has garbage service every Tuesday at his curb...

Depends, if they charge to take away mattresses or something bulky, it's really common to see people drag them to a dumpster.

Didn't get a chance to thank you for explaining about SC's. Really appreciate it and your sharing what you know with us.

I was under the impression with a finger ID, once the iphone's unlocked, all the apps would be too, as most people stay signed in, that I know. What you explained made sense.

Maybe if the perp had access to the apps and they took a picture of a picture, but that seems too convoluted.

When Google was questioned about this awhile ago, they misled the public. This is an article from yesterday about the truth.
Google tracks and records your movements even if you turn off Location History

I've been thinking about the map on her site - they didn't just pick those spots out of thin air. I'm betting someone else's phone pinged at the same spots, at the same time, as hers. I'm also betting they already know who it is.

What they don't have is physical evidence so they are asking the public for help physically put the POI in one or two of those places. Someone was following her.

If they knew who was following her...I don’t think they would have put all this info out for the public. Jmo

I don't think she went jogging and then walked to her mom's house before dark. From the press conference yesterday:

"Mollie Tibbetts was last seen jogging in Brooklyn, Iowa in the evening hours."​

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

I understood that she ran on Des Moines and then turned right on West Str. From there, she ran East on W. Pershing Dr. There's another sighting somewhere around the Funeral Home, but that hasn't been verified and it's unknown which direction she was headed. The next sighting I'm aware of is on 2nd Street heading towards Caseys.

What if we exclude the 2nd Street location from "Mollie sightings", but keep the car was, how would that change the route?

What if she went W. Pershing straight on E. Pershing, right on Mills, right on 2nd, right on 398 up towards moms? If the cameras at Casey's face the corner or 398 she could be on video there but heading back into town.

Not really. A guy with big hands can just make sure he covers her nose and mouth very tightly until she gets pulled into the vehicle. As someone mentioned earlier, some killers in the past have removed inside door handles, stuff like that, to prevent escape.

I think something like drugs in a syringe would be faster and easier than chloroform, if absolutely necessary. Also easier to get ahold of on the street. It’s possible a tranquilizer or drug of some sort could have been administered.

True Kitagrl, the person would need access to those drugs (which in a lot of cases that I have seen on Forensic Files and such they are pretty easy to get if you have access to them at your job so to speak). Like in the show Dexter. He knocks people out with drugs in a syringe.

A car wash like this that’s self-serve has those nice garages with doors open on both ends. I think it would be a convenient stalking place as a person could see out, but details about the driver and car would be difficult to identify. Also, they usually have coin operated vacuum which could come in handy? I think something or someone other than just MT jogging by was noticed by the cameras. Just my gut feeling.’

Or... he could just ask her if she wants to get in. Too simple?

SharonNeedles, exactly. Again it could have been someone she knew (and trusted) and they pulled up to her telling her there is an emergency and they will take her there. They could even have lied and said it was her mother, father, boyfriend that was having the emergency and if they were supposedly a friend she trusted, she may have gotten in the vehicle with them. Then ONCE she found out they were NOT telling the truth that was when they subdued her.

Like all of us, I pray that Mollie is found alive. I hate to even speculate on the alternative, but for those questioning animal activity alerting remains...Morgan Harrington was in a field for three months before being discovered. True, it was winter, and I pray Mollie hasn’t met the same fate, but we just can’t rule it out.

Also, the case that first brought me to this site is still unsolved. Leah Hickman, Huntington, Va. The quote that kills me, more than a decade in, is “Investigators previously said they had a working theory about her killer, but did not have enough evidence to prosecute.” (I have no idea how to post a link to this article!)

Basically, we can’t assume that her body would be found immediately if she was dumped, and we also can’t assume that a suspected perp would be charged with a crime without significant proof. It just breaks my heart.

Daily Mail did a huge story on the Radar gossip...I am not buying it. I do not believe an FBI agent spoke to Radar.

Wonder if we will get any info now with stuff like this being printed with anonymouse “sources”. Jmo

What if she went W. Pershing straight on E. Pershing, right on Mills, right on 2nd, right on 398 up towards moms? If the cameras at Casey's face the corner or 398 she could be on video there but heading back into town.

In this route at least she’d walk past RT watching TV and seeing her out his window near Des Moines and Jackson (398) and I was struggling to understand if that sighting was left out of @otto ’s map.

Or... he could just ask her if she wants to get in. Too simple?

It only covers one of several possible scenarios: stranger, friend, accquance, Publisher's Clearing House with a million dollar check (maybe a good reason for MT to go South, because she did not want to share), alien abduction, et al. So yeah, too simple.

Just speculating: If it is a local who did it, he wouldn't hide her on someone else's property if he wanted her to stay hidden. If he hid her on his own property, he could easily say he searched his own land and didn't find anything (he wouldn't have to worry until/unless LE came looking). So the other option would be out of town, or in a large, publicly accessible area, park, etc. MOO.
it's possible that some Brooklyn residents could also have access to property outside of Brooklyn like maybe a cabin somewhere with some land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhampton