Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Gps chipping has been going on

GPS tracking bool

Guys, I live in California. I can 100% confirm that children do not have GPS tracking chips implanted into them. Doing so, would be a violation of the 4th amendment of the Bill of Rights. This is the same reason why your cell phone has the option to share your location and why various websites and
apps have to explicitly request your permission to use your location data.

The tech to do this does not yet exist, or is not yet ready for prime time. To hold the battery necessary to power a GPS transmitter you would need to implant something the size of a pacemaker (not necessarily an out patient procedure, which likely would require general anaesthesia, along with the infection risk and all the other risks associated with surgery); not a grain of rice like the RFID chips they put in pets and that y'all are thinking of. ALSO, the jury is still out about the cancer risk of having a microwave/RF transmitter broadcasting from inside your body. Not to mention heating problems, like when your phone gets hot in your hand - same tech/same risks!

Jmo a local could fly under the radar, especially if no prior record that catches LE’s interest. It could be a neighbor no one could imagine, or a shop worker or a delivery person...anyone...until they know the who, I don’t see where locals can be ruled out.

Molly’s family may believe she would not respond to or approach a stranger...as part of why they have to believe this was not stranger-related, the implications of that are too horrifying.
A real jogger doesn't like to break their concentration nor strides. So they become annoyed when you interrupt their run.

So I doubt she would get close enough to engage with a stranger she doesn't know. Jmo

It's possible to configure a phone to connect to random wifi hotspots (specifically ones her phone would not have connected to before) but it's not recommended and unusual. My phone can do this, but I still have to accept TOS for using wifi, and it's doesn't handle everything (it will notice the free wifi at the local grocery store but not the teriyaki place next to it.)
My phone notices all of the Wifi hotspots in the area but only automatically connects to work and home.

Putting it out there that this is a LOT of pressure on the town of Brooklyn, a place that got blindsided in some ways more damaging than if a tornado ripped all their structures down to the bone.

Were I a resident, I would be feeling almost mad at myself I didn't see anything. I'd especially get survivor guilt had I been walking in the streets 5-10pm. I'd be eyeing my neighbors. I wouldn't be sleeping or eating well. I'd get OCD about my locks, you get the drift. Fill in your own blanks.

My point is that the tip that cracks it into a suspect arrest doesn't necessarily have to come from that beleaguered town. In fact, it matters not where it comes from, only that it comes. So if you're out there reading this site, this thread, if you're scared ****less about what to do about what you think you might know, what you think you might have seen, and you don't live in Brooklyn, you've never been to Brooklyn, you never even knew a Brooklyn was in Iowa until now, this is what I'll say to you, what we're all saying we hope you do: put the info. in the little box on the website you see below in my signature. Or call the number on that website.

You overheard a conversation. You got a rumor going around your circle. Or you saw a change in someone & you just know deep inside it's not right. Come forward & do what's right for Mollie. She deserves that much. Thank you

I believe Mollie is Catholic and I believe she did not have a church that she regularly attended in Brooklyn.
We have reports of Mollie attending church when she lived in Oakland, CA as a child and also growing up in Brooklyn, Iowa. Here is DM Register article where D. Collum of Brooklyn reports seeing Mollie and her family in church over the years. Mollie Tibbetts search: Boyfriend's brother says scrutiny directed at his family unwarranted

While he doesn't disclose the name of the church, I believe the only Catholic church in Brooklyn is St Patricks. St. Patrick & St. Bridget in Brooklyn and Victor, IA

The nearest Walmart seems more likely. That chain has featured in countless crimes...seems like every other criminal stocks up there. They have a lot of video but the perp could have carried stuff around with him for a while. But after the crime, Walmart video could be interesting if any clean up,etc was needed. Still, without knowing who you are looking for...impossible.

Agree. They caught Mark Sievers accomplices at the local Walmart in Florida while they prepped to commit the murder of his wife.

Meanwhile they swore they were in Missouri during that time until their face was on display at a Florida Walmart shopping center. So I totally agree.

Of the five areas, two are likely to have been on her jogging route. The truck stop, IMHO, is too far south and in the opposite direction from her mom's house where she may have intended to go for dinner and/or to pick up her shared car for work the following morning. Then there are the two areas way off to the northeast and southeast. Why those two areas? Earlier, I was thinking Wifi hotspots. Do you think the perp may have killed her and disposed of her body in one of those two locations, and then went back to his residence in the other one?
What I thought was that the fitbit stopped sending any heart rate, etc. in one of the places, and the phone went dead in the other. Basically, I guess, she died in one of them and was disposed of in the other.

One thing that's been bothering me tonight. Since the beginning I was thinking it would be better if it was someone she knew at least casually because he might actually have some feelings for her and be trying to think of a way out of the situation, while a stranger would just kill her and leave. Tonight I've been thinking the opposite. A stranger could just take her, do what he wanted, dump her somewhere and leave town, but someone she knows would almost have to murder her in order to get away with it because she'd be able to identify him. Now I not only don't know what did happen, I don't even know for sure what I want it to be.

And doesn't the western end of this route extend into or towards the Western most red dot/location on LE map?

The FBI map of five dots does include a most Western dot that includes hwy 385 (point #2 on this map), which merges right to Des Moines. This route goes directly in front of Mollie's house-sit house. She turned right on West Str and headed East on W. Pershing Dr.

I don't think there are any more verified sightings after that location. I don't think she ran on the highway towards her mother's house. I think she typically took the pathway.

From the dots, the one on the top right caught my attention because it is a backroads intersection from Brooklyn towards Guernsey. From point 3 to 4 looks a bit like getting out of town fast.

There are two questions about July 18 between 5PM and 10PM, and in the early morning of July 19:
  • where was the abductor
  • where was Mollie

Attachments

• Mollie Map Times.jpg
    Mollie Map Times.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Mollie FBI routes 2.jpg
    Mollie FBI routes 2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 69
Mollie and her family supposedly attended mass in Brooklyn at Catholic Church. Prior comments stated that she wasn't religious or spiritual which I don't believe to be correct. We have seen a compelling video about her sense of spirit. We have reports of Mollie attending church when she lived in Oakland, CA as a child (she attended a Catholic school in Oakland) and also growing up in Brooklyn, Iowa. Here is DM Register article where D. Collum of Brooklyn reports seeing Mollie and her family in church over the years. Mollie Tibbetts search: Boyfriend's brother says scrutiny directed at his family unwarranted

While he doesn't disclose the name of the church, I believe the only Catholic church in Brooklyn is St Patricks. St. Patrick & St. Bridget in Brooklyn and Victor, IA

I've been thinking about the map on her site - they didn't just pick those spots out of thin air. I'm betting someone else's phone pinged at the same spots, at the same time, as hers. I'm also betting they already know who it is.

What they don't have is physical evidence so they are asking the public for help physically put the POI in one or two of those places. Someone was following her.
The Supreme Court recently ruled that LE generally must get a search warrant (show probable cause) in order to get cell phone tracking data on an individual. While there are exceptions, I don't think LE has the right to get cell phone tracking data randomly to try to figure out who might have been in certain locations when a crime may have been committed. I think LE does have Mollie's tracking data but I don't think they have anyone else's. Supreme Court: Warrant generally needed to track cell phone location data - CNNPolitics

Last edited:
Molly’s family may believe she would not respond to or approach a stranger...as part of why they have to believe this was not stranger-related, the implications of that are too horrifying.

I just don’t know. I’ve been out several times and approached by strangers, all innocent encounters. Mostly asking directions to the interstate, once wanting to be pointed toward a hotel. Probably I should ignore these people and assume they mean harm, but then again...if I’m turned around in a strange town, I might ask for help myself. There’s just no telling what Mollie might have done. A friendly girl approached by someone asking for directions...it’s entirely possible that she stopped her run.

Of the five areas, two are likely to have been on her jogging route. The truck stop, IMHO, is too far south and in the opposite direction from her mom's house where she may have intended to go for dinner and/or to pick up her shared car for work the following morning. Then there are the two areas way off to the northeast and southeast. Why those two areas? Earlier, I was thinking Wifi hotspots. Do you think the perp may have killed her and disposed of her body in one of those two locations, and then went back to his residence in the other one?

I am not well versed on phones and towers but I do recall conversation here from people that were that said if a tower isn't available the cell will go automatically to the next tower. When that happens it creates kind of a false footprint because it is pinging at a tower that the phone is not nearest to. Someone who understands it far better then I can better explain it. It could be the reason for the somewhat garbled points they are looking into.

I would like more info on the strange log in on her U of Iowa site.

I would imagine that there are password safeguards to enter her site.
I don't believe the source of the SS of that log was ever confirmed as being real. Any network admin for a major university like Iowa would most likely be fired for releasing such information and posting it on the internet. I recall looking at the screen shot and thinking that while it MIGHT be real that it also MIGHT NOT so I discounted its authenticity greatly. UI to my knowledge hasn't commented publically on computer usage of MT so a random screen shot on internet has to be treated as purely speculative info IMO.

What I thought was that the fitbit stopped sending any heart rate, etc. in one of the places, and the phone went dead in the other. Basically, I guess, she died in one of them and was disposed of in the other.

One thing that's been bothering me tonight. Since the beginning I was thinking it would be better if it was someone she knew at least casually because he might actually have some feelings for her and be trying to think of a way out of the situation, while a stranger would just kill her and leave. Tonight I've been thinking the opposite. A stranger could just take her, do what he wanted, dump her somewhere and leave town, but someone she knows would almost have to murder her in order to get away with it because she'd be able to identify him. Now I not only don't know what did happen, I don't even know for sure what I want it to be.
Yeah, me too, Confusion. I have been debating which scenario would be the more likely one for her to talk her way out of. I think if it's someone she knows, that person may be a wee bit less vigilant about --restricting her movement--. Maybe were he a stranger, he'd realize that since she didn't know him, she would have some degree of trouble identifying him later. And she's talking to him now almost a whole month, and he says alright, jeez, forget it, & drops her off somewhere. I mean, anything's possible. And absence of evidence doesn't mean evidence of absence. Waiting for the cows to come home. good night all

A parting thought - it seems that investigators know where Mollie was, and they're trying to figure out who else was near her when she vanished.

What do the five points on the map tell us about her abductor?

The FBI map of five dots does include a most Western dot that includes hwy 385 (point #2 on this map), which merges right to Des Moines. This route goes directly in front of Mollie's house-sit house. She turned right on West Str and headed East on W. Pershing Dr.

I don't think there are any more verified sightings after that location. I don't think she ran on the highway towards her mother's house. I think she typically took the pathway.

From the dots, the one on the top right caught my attention because it is a backroads intersection from Brooklyn towards Guernsey. From point 3 to 4 looks a bit like getting out of town fast.

There are two questions about July 18 between 5PM and 10PM, and in the early morning of July 19:
  • where was the abductor
  • where was Mollie

Otto, keep following that logic. The 385 rt out of Brooklyn to the north towards v21 is where I think she is. The v21 bridge over Big Bear Creek is the first evidence dunp (phone). I don't think the perp is going to keep her in his pick-up out to this location. So somewhere along the backroads of 385.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cburski2018