Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How could the public help not knowing who or even what type or color of vehicle or the time, etc...

I do not believe there is a suspect. If there was, they would have shared nothing, more in keeping with their behavior thus far.
They are asking for people who were at those locations to call the tipline. They aren't asking for people to call only if they saw something suspicious.

That tells me they are looking for someone to corroborate information they already have.

Last edited:
The Supreme Court recently ruled that LE generally must get a search warrant (show probable cause) in order to get cell phone tracking data on an individual. While there are exceptions, I don't think LE has the right to get cell phone tracking data randomly to try to figure out who might have been in certain locations when a crime may have been committed. I think LE does have Mollie's tracking data but I don't think they have anyone else's. Supreme Court: Warrant generally needed to track cell phone location data - CNNPolitics
But we don't know what they have. I'm just stating what they are capable of.

He was leaving town.

Exactly. So what did he do when he came into town? Where did he go, what did he do, why was he there? Why did he head East from Brooklyn and South to Guernsey as soon as he left town. If he wanted to hide the evidence, which travel corridor would he take - to lead police away from him?

Attachments

• Mollie Radius 2.jpg
    Mollie Radius 2.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 78
True Kitagrl, the person would need access to those drugs (which in a lot of cases that I have seen on Forensic Files and such they are pretty easy to get if you have access to them at your job so to speak). Like in the show Dexter. He knocks people out with drugs in a syringe.

If you are involved in large animal husbandry/farming (do pigs count?) you might have access to ketamine and other strong sedatives. Yeah, they are controled substances, but... When I lived in Iowa, you could buy pints of antibiots and syringes at Farm And Fleet. I know of a couple of guys who's clap was treated with animal grade penicillin. But it's likely best to stick with the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid) - blitz 'em, maintain the element of shock and surprise, put a bag over their head, and quickly bind them with cable ties or handcuffs. Sometimes the old ways are still best!

Who is this man, what does he typically do, what is his reason to be in Brooklyn, and who can vouch for him between 5PM July 18 and early morning hours of July 19? Surely everyone in a 30 mile radius of Brooklyn should ask every male family member and acquaintance where they were at that time.

Thats what I thought until the Oscar Pitorious thread. Until I realized that posters from around the world was just waking up and ready for battle while i would be nodding off on the thread while hitting the like button by accident. Lol

Of course, but some discussions from around the world have been interesting, like the Bristol abduction and murder of Joanna Yates.

I am leaning toward it being a stranger who is a serial offender, because there is a lack of evidence (unlikely she would associate much with someone around her age w/ a history of violence, IMHO). If the person doesn’t have a criminal background, it’s amazing that the person was able to pull off a nearly perfect crime on their first attempt.

If it’s a perp that’s done something akin to this before: I don’t think she would trust or associate with someone that has a history of violence. Especially b/c, Brooklyn is a small town and I am confident that any local w/ a criminal record is going to be common knowledge.

Below is a link to a recent case from another state, where a perp tried to kidnap a jogger but was thwarted & saved by a couple of Good Samaritans. This Perp was caught by police, so he’s not on the streets anymore. He was unknown to the jogger. He pulled his car in front of her & immediately ran toward her. He tried to pull her into the car. The interesting thing is she was running beside what appears to be a fairly busy street. There was a surveillance video that was able to capture it.

Bridgewater man who attempted to kidnap woman has lengthy list of similar charges

il_570xN.1098080451_hs66.jpg

Thread is open for discussion.

Agree that the trafficking angle is unlikely. This was unfortunately probably an outsider who was only in town briefly and left town immediately after abducting her, leaving little time for witnesses to see much. I suspect it was spur of the moment or near-spur of the moment, no more than maybe a bit of brief planning. I think the perp saw an attractive young woman jogging alone in a fairly isolated town off the interstate and seized on the opportunity. Probably drove at least an hour away before any violent crime was committed. Mollie was probably deceased within 6-12 hours, and the perp probably used the night hours and darkness following her abduction to conceal evidence/her body.

In a town of the size if a local committed this crime you'd have him as a suspect very quickly.

Really a heartbreaking case. I know everyone who knows the victim always talks about what a great, amazing person they are, but it really does seem as though Mollie is a great young woman.

I hated to hit the "like" button because what's to like about this, but I think this is a pretty like scenario.

just being ramdom..felt I needed to say that so if there is a local here that fits what I am about to say..

maybe there was one across the street or two houses down or next door to the car wash or the fifth house she passed......meth heads are EVERYWHERE, not just out of town and dealers aren't just in town. they don't have a sign plastered to them that says hey I am a meth user. you likely see meth users in everyday life without even knowing they are users. not all of them are dirty, not all of them show any sign and certainly they don't show signs at all moments.

They also are truck drivers apparently! I mentioned this on a much earlier thread but I was shocked to learn this. I am linking a few different articles. The first speaks of a trucker who was addicted to opioids because of pain. And in the article it speaks of how they shop for doctors along their routes to help them continue to get medicine. (I can't seem to find the Cincinnati news story about how truckers also shop for heroin, crack, etc. along their routes too. I will keep looking for it)

‘Unintended Consequences’: Inside the fallout of America’s crackdown on opioids

The second article speaks of the new regulation requiring drug testing for some truckers.

DOT Drug Testing: Part 40 - Employee Notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member