Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused about the School shirts I’ve seen multiple posts about on this thread and perhaps I’ve missed something explaining this interest so apologies if I have but, I live in a small town and this is nothing unusual. High school and college level sports/schools are a big thing and strongly supported in the south and a lot of small towns alike. I could leave my house right now and at bare minimum find a handful + of current students, graduated students and adults all wearing our local high schools t shirts so I don’t find this uncommon or even noteworthy. Perhaps Brooklyn is a town much like mine where folks are more(or equally) proud of the local HS they attended than college if they went. Can a local confirm if that’s the spirit of Brooklyn?
Yes, that is the spirit of Brooklyn. Also, the Brooklyn school district covers more area than just Brooklyn. Lots of rural folks and some even smaller towns. They are proud of their community and their Bear attire represents that.

I agree with your assessment that she very well might have been dead at that point, but I personally doubt he cleaned the car at that point. Most post offense behavior involves first getting out of dodge, or atleast that immediate area. You don’t want to stay around to clean your car right after killing someone. I think that any car washing, or vacuuming would come later that night, at a more distant location, or the following day. It’s certainly possible, but I’m not a fan of that theory.
Could have washed car at home? Do these towns have utilities providing water or wells? Could check utility companies for a spike in water usage at residences in the area.

Could have washed car at home? Do these towns have utilities providing water or wells? Could check utility companies for a spike in water usage at residences in the area.
The amount of water used would be negligible. But yes, he certainly could have cleaned his car at home. If he was careful, that’s what he would have done. No cameras there.

I agree with your assessment that she very well might have been dead at that point, but I personally doubt he cleaned the car at that point. Most post offense behavior involves first getting out of dodge, or atleast that immediate area. You don’t want to stay around to clean your car right after killing someone. I think that any car washing, or vacuuming would come later that night, at a more distant location, or the following day. It’s certainly possible, but I’m not a fan of that theory.
Well it would depend where they live and if they live with someone that might get in the car. They might live close to town and need to take their wife to work in the morning. Who knows? I'm not a fan of the theory of them washing the car anyway because of the rain. At best they might have vacuumed the interior imo.

Not to contest your idea, it makes sense, but I don't believe washing a car would be considered a spike in water usage. I could see where watering your marijuana crop would be but not something like washing a car. I probably use more water watering my flowers and my garden than I do washing my car. JMO

I don't believe we can sleuth SO's but there are a couple there in Brooklyn with "assault with intent to commit sexual abuse" that live on Pershing and Des Moines. One is within a stones throw from DJ's house. I would think this would be a more plausible scenario than some of the far fetched ones I've heard. IMO. Listing no names. Hope this is ok. Please delete if not.

Last edited:
The only thing I can say is get a thousand volunteers there this weekend and search every ditch, barn and garage. Put her pictures in surrounding states in case it was someone not from there.
The problem is that you cannot search private property without the owners' permission. And there's a lot of private property in and around Brooklyn.

I see lots of questions about the meaning of the red dots on the FBI map. Here are my thoughts on points 1 - 4. They identify routes in and out of Brooklyn as well as the last place where Mollie was seen.

Suppose, for example, that the abductor was on the I-80, stopped at Dunkin Donuts (#1), and turned North towards Brooklyn. Driving past Casey's, the abductor turns right on hwy 385 (#2), drives past Mollie's house-sit house, and drives East on W. Pershing Drive (#3). This is where Mollie was last seen. Point #4 probably represents the backroads out of Brooklyn, possibly heading towards Guernsey via backroads (where we known there was a tip, "ping", or digital signature).

This does not mean that Mollie will be found near any of these points, and it does not mean that the abductor did not drive to the car wash before heading to hwy 385. These points, in my opinion, are nothing more than locations that interest investigators between 5-10PM on the night that Mollie was abducted.

Attachments

• Mollie Map Times.jpg
    Mollie Map Times.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 97
Well it would depend where they live and if they live with someone that might get in the car. They might live close to town and need to take their wife to work in the morning. Who knows? I'm not a fan of the theory of them washing the car anyway because of the rain. At best they might have vacuumed the interior imo.
True. The rain is important in regard to any external evidence being washed away. I just can’t imagine he would kill Mollie then wash his car right in town. It is completely reckless. Nothing is outside the realm of possibility though.

Not to contest your idea, it makes sense, but I don't believe washing a car would be considered a spike in water usage. I could see where watering your marijuana crop would be but not something like washing a car. I probably use more water watering my flowers and my garden than I do washing my car. JMO
Lol...apparently you have never seen me wash a car..

Yes, that is the spirit of Brooklyn. Also, the Brooklyn school district covers more area than just Brooklyn. Lots of rural folks and some even smaller towns. They are proud of their community and their Bear attire represents that.

One of the occupants in the home where Mollie was living also played college football.

After rewatching the press conference and looking at the maps, I've sadly changed my mind. I think she was dead and the perp had washed his car and left town before 10p that night...
If anyone else followed the Blaze Bernstein case, the possible car wash aspect of MT's seems all too familiar.

Sam Woodward murdered Blaze, then went to get a car wash the next day. He also dyed his hair black and had it cut. And he went back to the crime scene multiple times before Blaze's body was found and Sam was arrested.

Plus, if they see someone cleaning their vehicle while it's raining, might be a clue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321