Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I think I missed something. Where did the 300 pound etc. guy come from? He sounds like a local farmer or something.

I don't recall saying anything about strangers either.
Sorry, we got shut down just as I answered. I was talking about the guy in the van in Miner, MO. If the person who had attempted the abduction there had also abducted MT, I think he might have stood out enough to be noticed and remembered. MOO

Just a thought...could one of the five spots be of more interest than the others but investigators don't want to tip the perpetrator or the public off of the place that they are looking at the closest.

The last known location of Mollie was on W. Pershing Dr., so I think that would be the most significant location. Three locations seem related to travel corridors in and out of Brooklyn. The fifth location (lower right) is probably related to a digital signature.

To claim a reward, one would have to know where Molly is now. Anyone knowing this without involvement is very unlikely. It won’t be claimed so it can grow as huge as they like.

If the terms eventually are “for arrest/conviction” at some point, and it WAS claimed...it could take years. After the trial. And still, the claimaint would have to be subject to heavy LE scrutiny in some way so as not to be paying a guilty person. So I am not sure how “anonymous” tips could ever claim a reward.

In both the PC and recent Fox interview with JD and RT, both the spokesman and Mollie's dad, when they said to look for signs such as a change in ones routine they both said OR: missing SCHOOL, work, or routine engagement without explanation. IN THAT ORDER. I keep thinking there is a very specific meaning to that statement. Mollies not in high school. Her college is not nearby. Do they suspect a specific person from her college? I can't recall how far away it is. And we have been hearing other information that points in that direction. Anyone have anything to add to this? I know other people have been thinking along these lines and I would like to hear more opinions.

I really hope LE has a POI they’re not releasing otherwise this case is gonna go cold. To be clear, I don’t want to speculate about anyone.

Respectfully, although it is a somewhat popular opinion here, I think it is far too soon to even be thinking this case is going to go cold. I know I am in the minority, but I really thought yesterday was a momentum builder for LE more than a letdown, as far as solving this case. JMO

I think it's more likely that a young offender would be less conspicuous in a strange town than a 300# white bearded man who was wearing suspenders and a straw hat. MOO

Indeed. Jenise Wright and Gabe Gaeta come to mind. For the second time today (and of course Jessica R and ARS), and little Maddie Middleton...). Mollie’s case is bringing to mind all kinds of victims and monsters, past cases...GG was a young, well liked person in the neighborhood, was known by Jenise’s family, attended her vigil:

Gabriel Gaeta: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

They've received over 200 tips so far and have had so much traffic they had to add an additional server. The Iowa Dept. of Public Safety has a team of 4 people sorting and prioritizing the tips into two categories: suggestions versus actual information that might be related to Mollie’s disappearance.

Thanks for the update. As more LE departments utilize online tip submissions, I think there's an opening for a non-profit organization that can train (and screen) volunteers to help LE with some of this work when it comes up.

In both the PC and recent Fox interview with JD and RT, both the spokesman and Mollie's dad, when they said to look for signs such as a change in ones routine they both said OR: missing SCHOOL, work, or routine engagement without explanation. IN THAT ORDER. I keep thinking there is a very specific meaning to that statement. Mollies not in high school. Her college is not nearby. Do they suspect a specific person from her college? I can't recall how far away it is. And we have been hearing other information that points in that direction. Anyone have anything to add to this? I know other people have been thinking along these lines and I would like to hear more opinions.

These are standard things to look for and she is not long out of high school.

I sure hope that the tips are related to the request made by investigators, and not personal theories or suggestions about how investigators might do their jobs.

Assuming that the tips are related to what locals observed on July 18 between 5-10PM, I am optimistic that they should be able to sift through the information and solve Mollie's disappearance.

bbm

That drives me crazy...can't imagine how the investigators react...laughter or anger at the waste of their time.

I sure hope that the tips are related to the request made by investigators, and not personal theories or suggestions about how investigators might do their jobs.

Assuming that the tips are related to what locals observed on July 18 between 5-10PM, I am optimistic that they should be able to sift through the information and solve Mollie's disappearance.

I saw one statistic on Hannah Graham in Virginia relating to tips. Roughly 50% are not useful (theories, questions of investigators as to who did it, etc.), 25% were researchable (someone looks like a sketch, someone acting strange a certain time period, someone creepy that they wouldn't be shocked if they did it, etc.), 15% were a mixture of the above and about 5% was actionable credible and made some sense in the case.

Radar isn't typically a MSM site. Their game is to pay people for tabloid or sensationalist stories. That said, I sure hope they are right here. If MT is alive and being held, it would not surprise me if the abductor went to a vigil for her. Ariel Castro attended at least two vigils for the girls he abducted and held in captivity.

That would certainly lend to the stalker/obsessive person who didn't want to harm MT but possess and have her.

Yes, that would be THE scenario, in which MT would still be alive, IMO.
That is where the hope lies.

It is a well known fact, in the LE field, that the perp will often attend these public events. Vigils for his/her victim, funeral service itself, etc. LE is well aware of this tendency.

modern cctv is color in day light and highly lighted areas and black and white in low light or complete darkness. they use ir at night to work in low no light. we don't know what they have. cctv tech has come a long ways in the last ten years and even more in the last five.

If it’s dusk, does it “switch” over? Are outdoor cameras different than indoor?

So, would an arrest in this case go through the county or is there a way it will be processed federally?

It would depend where the crime occurred. If it's Poweshiek County, then the DA would file charges. If there is more than one county involved, they would have to work that out. Say kidnap in one county and death in another county, then the death county would get the lead on charges.

UI Police investigating reports of stalking and harrassment after viral tweet
I don't know what happened with this guy, but stalking Uof I students would fit in with someone stalking Mollie.

Last edited:
But the arrest warrant would still have to be processed through county? I guess I am asking if there is a way to arrest someone without it showing on the Poweshiek booking page?

In my experience it is usually local LE, though the FBI can arrest someone on federal charges. Local LE will have more physical arrest and detention resources than the feds. That doesn't mean the federal prosecutors won't take over, just that it is easier for local LE to arrest and put someone in jail pending their booking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee