Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have 5 locations of interest - those locations are connected; i.e. house to farm area 1, to farm area 2, to car wash and finally to truck stop. Does that make any kind of sense? Break it to me gently.
It wasn't making sense to me until a poster yesterday evening presented a theory that the perp entered Brooklyn from the truck stop area, abducted Mollie from near DJ's house, and then took the back roads to loop back to the farmland areas of interest to avoid being seen. But the farmland areas of interest are on gravel roads. Why would a person go there, in particular? The southernmost one isn't all that close to I-80, so I'm still not sure that it adds up. If Mollie is there, why would LE reveal these locations? Have these areas been searched? I still have so many questions.

That scenario would imply someone(s) in a mode of transportation sitting in wait at or near to the house. There also would be the issue of how to get MT to the mode of transportation without raising suspicion.

The simplest assumption: MT was abducted while in-progress of walking/jogging/running on a street. Note this could have occurred just outside or near to the house, or some distance from the house.

This would lead to believe that she willingly got into the car. If she was jogging she would have simply run away. That kind of commotion would be easily seen and noted. I believe that if she was taken while jogging it was by someone who knew her and probably knew she was going to her mothers house shortly. So someone close.

It's been published Mollie and Dalton planned to travel to a wedding the weekend after she disappeared. Am I correct in understanding the wedding was Dalton's 2 housemates?

Yes. Brother and fiancé.

It is possible that the person who took her might have been someone infatuated with MT and thought that time was running out and made a drastic move. 2 more weeks and she would be at a destination wedding.

Mollie’s brother noticed the car in the driveway that morning and that’s when he sent her a text. Does that seem like he was surprised that she didn't pick it up that morning? I wish someone had gone over there right then to see if she overslept or something was wrong if it was planned she was to pick up the car or was it just assumed she would?

Mollie’s brother noticed the car in the driveway that morning and that’s when he sent her a text. Does that seem like he was surprised that she didn't pick it up that morning? I wish someone had gone over there right then to see if she overslept or something was wrong if it was planned she was to pick up the car or was it just assumed she would?
I wish we knew if she typically picked it up in the morning or the night before.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but you would think they would have taken the car to her since she was going to be alone in the house with no car available.

It wasn't making sense to me until a poster yesterday evening presented a theory that the perp entered Brooklyn from the truck stop area, abducted Mollie from near DJ's house, and then took the back roads to loop back to the farmland areas of interest to avoid being seen. But the farmland areas of interest are on gravel roads. Why would a person go there, in particular? The southernmost one isn't all that close to I-80, so I'm still not sure that it adds up. If Mollie is there, why would LE reveal these locations? Have these areas been searched? I still have so many questions.
Molly isn’t there that is where the last ping out of town was. They probably have more points of interest not in Brooklyn, but it seems like they with this map are interested in what people in Brooklyn saw. JMO

We don't know what makes those isolated farm locations of interest. Maybe phone or fitbit pings, or maybe something found there, ie. misplaced tire tracks, or disturbed area in the weeds/dirt. Or, maybe as lucky as a dropped receipt from the truckstop with a date/time stamp (maybe around 5pm, thus LE's timeframe). Or even another item marked from there. We just don't know those specifics.

Also, I think a local would go to a familiar abandoned building and low traveled roads, which explains why he might have headed into that southeren region.

MOO

Last edited:
Possibly legal, but I’m pretty sure you can’t carry it in NYC.

NEW YORK: Legal with restrictions. The possession by persons who are not felons or who have not been convicted of an assault, 18 or over for the protection of person or property and its otherwise lawful use is legal. The definition is “a pocket sized spray device which contains and releases a chemical or organic substance which is intended to produce temporary physical discomfort or disability through being vaporized or otherwise dispensed in the air. There are certain labeling requirements. Sales require both a seller’s license and the completion by a purchaser of a registration form. New York residents may only purchase from licensed Firearms Dealers or licensed Pharmacists in that state. No more than two sprays may be sold at any one time to a single purchaser.

https://www.cabelas.com/assets/product_files/pdf/pepperspray_lawsregulation.pdf

For the Brooklyn locals - do most locals have suspicions on whom may have Mollie? (DON'T LIST NAMES - that's against TOS.) I'm just interested in knowing if there is a dominant person out there that people are focused on, or if they all feel it is stranger abduction? Also, have they discussed people who are acting oddly (per press conference) and if so, have they submitted tips?

It is possible that the person who took her might have been someone infatuated with MT and thought that time was running out and made a drastic move. 2 more weeks and she would be at a destination wedding.
This is why I wanted to confirm the wedding details. Yesterday there was a lot of speculation that whoever had Mollie is known to her enough that they would be aware she jogs and was dogsitting alone and all 3 housemates were not expected to be home that night. If someone knows details like these about Mollie's life, there is a good chance they know about the wedding too.

Who is close enough to Mollie to know all of those kind of details? Was it her nature to share a lot about herself like this with all or just a limited group of people?

Was someone infatuated with her and listening to every detail even if she wasn't speaking directly to that person?

If it's someone Mollie knows; a local person; then maybe to talk out of sight of other locals. The first location was compromised by potential witnesses; so they moved to another location in fairly close proximity.

I agree with the first poster here. I think there is a WHOLE LOT of information about the timeline and Mollie's activities that night that the police is keeping from the public - which is why things don't seem to add up.

Think about it. The first witness saw her jogging on W. Pershing around 7:30. The second witness saw her jogging on W 2nd at 8:30pm. I know, the news reports say 8pm, but in the video, the guy himself very emphatically says 8:30pm. He said she ran "up the hill," and if you look at the way he's motioning from his chair, he's pointing towards the car wash, which would be her direction back to the house. That timeline means she had been out running for a full hour already, so it is totally feasible that she was headed home - especially since everything says she usually ran for 45 minutes or so.

Mollie would have run right past the car wash. She would have run past, or at least near, Casey's.

I think it's important to go back to the stuff that was said at the very beginning of all of this. I think there are details there that are more important than we think.
I would agree with all of this. The biggest indicator that LE knows more than they’re sharing are the two dots on the map created that have no text. That’s not an accident. If it were, it would have been fixed by now.

I missed something here. Help me out... where was the car when he woke up? If it was not at his house? I thought the car was with Jake at his mom's house all night till at least 7:30am when he texted her.

Yeah, something was off with that post because the car was at mom's the whole time. Maybe a typo.

The wording of his text suggests to me that either:

A) He had expected her to either pick the car up by then or show up at the house by that time so he could drive her, and wanted to make sure she didn't need the car or a ride before he went somewhere;

B) They had agreed the night before to touch base on the matter in the morning.

<modsnipped then don't mention it>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members