Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a brand new member, I am very disappointed to read all the insulting and juvenile responses. Laughing AT what others write is a form of online Bullying. I also do not find it funny whatsoever to be making jokes about this case. Go read a book, watch t.v. or call a friend....this isn't the place.
Honestly, if it keeps up, I'm going to dis-associate myself from Websleuths. This isn't what I thought it was about.

I don't say anything about it, but people have been misquoting, focusing on things that haven't been confirmed, and ask about situations and items that have been discussed ad nauseum... When I joined this page and this thread I took the time to read older posts and get an idea of where everyone was, what the FACTS are, and what has been disproven... When someone pops on asking about a black SUV, red shirts and WC it gets a little old. I've been new here, several times, but don't be lazy.

If I was to estimate there are approximately 23,000 posts on this particular topic. It would take me too long to read each and every one. So maybe... we can try to be a little more kind to us folks who post “Fitbit usage info”, or information in general that may have already been discussed. We aren’t doing it on purpose to be the butt of the joke. We genuinely care just like everyone else on here. The other evening I posted something and was mocked by a few others on here because it was repeat information. It was actually very insulting. Just some food for the thought. Not sure how making a fellow member feel bad contributes to bringing Mollie home?!
Fitbit has been discussed in great detail in earlier threads which you can search by topic.

JMO,it does not matter what Mollie’s arrangements about getting to work were as I think Le knows and it hasn’t produced a suspect. The only way it could matter is if she did indeed spend the night in the house and was abducted by that person giving her the ride. And that seems not to be the case.

It might matter in the sense of who knew MT was alone and would need a ride to work the morning of July 19. Did a someone stop by the house and offer to drive MT to work? If that were the case we could assume MT would text her brothers/mother informing that she has a ride to work, not to worry.

If I was to estimate there are approximately 23,000 posts on this particular topic. It would take me too long to read each and every one. So maybe... we can try to be a little more kind to us folks who post “Fitbit usage info”, or information in general that may have already been discussed. We aren’t doing it on purpose to be the butt of the joke. We genuinely care just like everyone else on here. The other evening I posted something and was mocked by a few others on here because it was repeat information. It was actually very insulting. Just some food for the thought. Not sure how making a fellow member feel bad contributes to bringing Mollie home?!
Sorry that happened to you. I'm new too and was accused of not letting other people have their opinions!! I felt really bad too. Once in awhile you will run into that, but for the most part people are very helpful and genuinely want to combine efforts to solve this case! The more greater minds the better.

I have been following this case off and on and I am most intrigued by it making a record as far as fundraising for her being safely returned.

Isn't there a thread here on this website that we could add how this was done so that others can learn from it.

It's my understanding that people are donating, but they can get their money back if she is not safely found so that is one of the reasons that there is so much money? And people had to sign something to even donate for it? If somebody could possibly consolidate that as I'm getting bits and pieces of it and I think there's another thread to put that in to help others in the future.

It might matter in the sense of who knew MT was alone and would need a ride to work the morning of July 19. Did a someone stop by the house and offer to drive MT to work? If that were the case we could assume MT would text her brothers/mother informing that she has a ride to work, not to worry.
Exactly. It’s obviously very important who knew she was home alone, and with social media, that number could be very high. I’m very much against the morning abduction scenario, because I simply don’t believe she ever made it back to that house. That’s why I think that 5-10 pm window put out by law enforcement, is so revealing. Whatever happened to her, likely happened before 10pm.

I have been following this case off and on and I am most intrigued by it making a record as far as fundraising for her being safely returned.

Isn't there a thread here on this website that we could add how this was done so that others can learn from it.

It's my understanding that people are donating, but they can get their money back if she is not safely found so that is one of the reasons that there is so much money? And people had to sign something to even donate for it? If somebody could possibly consolidate that as I'm getting bits and pieces of it and I think there's another thread to put that in to help others in the future.

Wealthy friends and family .

I took my 12 year old daughter to lunch today. We were having a typical conversation and then out of the blue she brought up the case that has been in the news with the husband that allegedly killed his wife and 2 daughters. (I can’t recall the names). So we discussed issues such as innocent until proven guilty, etc. and she was asking about the criminal justice system (husband and I are attorneys and he does some criminal work).

Then she brings up Mollie, which we had never previously discussed. (We live in Iowa and of course it is all over the news). I figured this would be a good time to bring up self defense (she took a course recently). Due to this forum, I explained to her that you never go to a secondary location if someone tries to abduct you (fun conversation, but we recently had an attempted child abduction in Ankeny, which was previously discusssed and is close to us).

The conversation ended with her saying “and you know, sex trafficking is a major problem in Iowa. Maybe that is what happened to Mollie.” (Personally not my theory, but not the point).

I am thankful that this forum brought up important issues to bring up with our children. I am deeply saddened that we have to have these conversations with our children. And my 12 year old ending the conversation by bringing up sex trafficking...broke my heart...

I'm fairly confident that they a have a pretty small suspect pool by now and have probably honed in on one or two in particular.

IOW, they may not know where she is, but they have a pretty good idea of how she got there.

JMO.

I don’t think it’s slipped a great deal yet, which is great considering a month has passed. That Mike Pence meeting and Tweet, certainly made the news. You’re right though, a day will come where this case will slip from the public’s attention, especially if there isn’t any public forward movement.

Hopefully it is still around in important areas, but it is gone from any station around here. *** meanwhile, google admits tracking even when Location feature is off- I hope LE working this know that:

APNewsBreak: Google clarifies location-tracking policy

On the official Find Mollie Tibbetts FB page run by her family, this donation form was posted as the donation form that must be filled out when making a donation to Crime Stoppers for the reward. http://www.crimestoppersweb.com/772/Pictures/DonationAgreementForm-V2-3-1.docx555.pdf

With respect, the jokes in the past several posts have nothing to do with the case, but rather make light of some of the rabbit holes we have fallen down. Everyone here has contributed their thoughts, experiences, and opinions which in turn, help each of us to shape our own. We are all taking this case seriously, which is why we have been on here daily, for the better part of a month. With nothing new in the case, things tend to get redundant, and we sometimes find these threads going in circles. A few posts, mocking ourselves, isn’t harmful, nor is it meant to be in any way, disrespectful to Mollie.
That is very true for the most part. Absolutely. But it is the mocking and bullying this person was also referring to. I've only been on here a few weeks and have seen sarcastic and condescending remarks directed at certain posters, even after being reported. It really doesn't help to keep people focused. Distracts from helping to find Mollie, and it's just not necessary.

sbbm

Ok, if you think the police is being "nonchalant" by having 40 LE agents investigate a crime that's on MSM every night, what more would you have them do? If they don't have specific evidence to warn people about what to avoid, what do you warn people? In the last PC they gave a list of specific characteristics of what to look out for. I don't think there's anyone in the area not being extra-aware of their surroundings.

What, precisely, are they not doing that you would do?

///snipped for clarity///

Even if you assume Delphi, Evansdale, and Mollie are all the same person - what are you going to tell residents of the midwest? Everyone in the midwest keep your eye out for a serial killer who will kill one or two children or adults once every few years? There's nothing to go on. There's nothing to warn about. That's what I meant.

And most importantly, if LE has nothing, they are not going to warn people about an unspecified danger because then they basically admit that they have nothing.

LE knows MT spirited away in some fashion, either by her own will or by force. By now, after LE got to 'know' MT from family, friends and habits they likely should be leaning toward a by-force abduction. LE has even suggested they believe "foul play" may be involved. By that point you emphasize that people should be extra-aware of their surroundings. LE should present with at least some concern in that respect. What occurred in the latest presser was a nonchalant response to a serious issue; there was no erring on the side of caution.

By not warning people LE 'basically admits' they have nothing unless we assume they believe MT left willingly and is staying away willingly... I doubt that is the case.

Last edited:
That is very true for the most part. Absolutely. But it is the mocking and bullying this person was also referring to. I've only been on here a few weeks and have seen sarcastic and condescending remarks directed at certain posters, even after being reported. It really doesn't help to keep people focused. Distracts from helping to find Mollie, and it's just not necessary.
That’s true. The person you’re referring to was put on a time out. I completely agree that it’s uncalled for, I was simply pointing out that those posts in question were not mean spirited.

I took my 12 year old daughter to lunch today. We were having a typical conversation and then out of the blue she brought up the case that has been in the news with the husband that allegedly killed his wife and 2 daughters. (I can’t recall the names). So we discussed issues such as innocent until proven guilty, etc. and she was asking about the criminal justice system (husband and I are attorneys and he does some criminal work).

Then she brings up Mollie, which we had never previously discussed. (We live in Iowa and of course it is all over the news). I figured this would be a good time to bring up self defense (she took a course recently). Due to this forum, I explained to her that you never go to a secondary location if someone tries to abduct you (fun conversation, but we recently had an attempted child abduction in Ankeny, which was previously discusssed and is close to us).

The conversation ended with her saying “and you know, sex trafficking is a major problem in Iowa. Maybe that is what happened to Mollie.” (Personally not my theory, but not the point).

I am thankful that this forum brought up important issues to bring up with our children. I am deeply saddened that we have to have these conversations with our children. And my 12 year old ending the conversation by bringing up sex trafficking...broke my heart...

I have been working on self defense with my daughter, but she is also taught awareness of your surroundings and situation is most important. If you find yourself attacked do ANYTHING you can to get away. Soil yourself, make yourself vomit, scream, and be willing to get hurt to not get taken... I would rather fall where attacked than my family never know what happened. At 6 years old she knows that she can refuse to go with anyone and question everything and we will never be mad at her. Teach your girls to be strong women.

Exactly. It’s obviously very important who knew she was home alone, and with social media, that number could be very high. I’m very much against the morning abduction scenario, because I simply don’t believe she ever made it back to that house. That’s why I think that 5-10 pm window put out by law enforcement, is so revealing. Whatever happened to her, likely happened before 10pm.

I also believe MT never made it back to the house after her only out-and-about jog. I posted I believed MT was abducted while jogging the late afternoon-evening of July 18 and I still believe that.

Given that assumption, that doesn't mean a someone couldn't have stopped by to offer MT a ride in the morning, a way to get MT to stop during her jog. I do not necessarily lean toward this scenario, I'm just throwing out ideas for matters of discussion as I do not believe MT knows her abductor... but the abductor 'knows' her, however slightly that may be.

Last edited:
If I was to estimate there are approximately 23,000 posts on this particular topic. It would take me too long to read each and every one. So maybe... we can try to be a little more kind to us folks who post “Fitbit usage info”, or information in general that may have already been discussed. We aren’t doing it on purpose to be the butt of the joke. We genuinely care just like everyone else on here. The other evening I posted something and was mocked by a few others on here because it was repeat information. It was actually very insulting. Just some food for thought. Not sure how making a fellow member feel bad contributes to bringing Mollie home?!
Welcome to you our friend. I'm a long time member now and I love this place. At first I admit I was taken aback by some responses from others so I totally understand. Most people on here are working together on cases and don't intend to insult. I decided to stay because of these people and my compassion for the missing and crimes. I hope you do too. The insults happen, but they are few and far between. I hope you stay.

Brooklyn is much smaller than where we live- and my 2 that still live in the area can tell you pretty much everyone that was home from college this summer, what they were doing for a job if any, where they were hanging out-and with whom, as well as any breakups, new partners, jealous old ones, and their stalkers- if any. The young adults in Brooklyn may be the best source of info- if they are asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie