Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere - and, gosh, I can't remember where - that she used BF's vehicle on occasion to go to work or maybe he would take her. So my point, I guess, is that she didn't have routine to get to work, which would explain why he might not have found it unusual if he didn't get a response. I think it's fairly typical for people to read a text, be too busy to respond at that moment, and then forget to respond.

And other family members have also stated that it wasn't unusual for her to discuss dinner with her mom and then not show up.

So, maybe Mollie - this "creature of habit" as she has been referred to - wasn't a creature of habit after all. Maybe she just didn't let anything get in the way of her jogging routine, which unfortunately is the one thing someone had noticed.
Mother of missing Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts says she does not believe she returned home | Daily Mail Online
Mollie sometimes changed for work at her mom’s house before taking the Pontiac but also kept clothes and possessions at Dalton Jack’s house. 'She sort of lived across both houses, she had her stuff in both places,' he told DailyMail.com.

Jack said Mollie would sometimes borrow his truck, a Dodge Ram 1500, and head straight to work without stopping in at her mom’s place.

Has it ever been figured out how long they were out?
You ask a good question, TL4S. I do not remember from MsM, if it was ever stated how long. Anybody?

I totally agree with you, Chi, Mauig'ma, kkdg and others that the electrician-linesman-angle should be thoroughly examined.

He could
1) have an official-looking van/truck with a familiar logo that MT might have felt safer while he was riding by her repeatedly, on her jog...

2) have disabled the security camera(s) to be able to park and observe MT's comings-and-goings, very close (adjacent) to the house while in his vehicle

3) have been very proficient at "electronic surveillance" also, from his van/truck.

Could it be that the Electric Co has an employee that deliberately shut cameras off so he could get to Molly without people seeing? I want to know more of why cameras weren’t working. Have we been told why they weren’t?

I really don't find the idea that the cameras were intentionally disabled to be very plausible.

First of all, the business side of TIP - main entrance, parking lot, overhead doors, etc. - is on the opposite side of the building. Any cameras on that side wouldn't be helpful at all, unless the perp took her to the parking lot. There's a small parking lot and employee or delivery entrance on the same side as the house, but if there's a camera there it's probably trained on the door. I just don't think any footage from those cameras would reveal anything anyway.

Secondly, there would be a limited number of people who would have access to the system and the know-how to disable it without simply busting the cameras. Out of this limited number - most of whom would probably be women - there would have to be one who both had an interest in abducting Molly and the knowledge that she'd be at the house alone this weekend.

Finally, if the cameras had stopped working just before the abduction, I'd have to think LE would consider this an unlikely coincidence and be all over it (and maybe they are and just not talking).

At this point anything is possible, but I'd have to think that a co-op employee disabling the cameras for the purpose of abducting Mollie is maybe a notch or two above alien abduction on the probability list.

Last edited:
I suppose both are possible. I guess it’s impossible to determine without knowing specifically where the cameras are, and where they point.

and anyone that is serious about their security with cameras and have thought it threw would not want their videos published. it would tell too much about what they can and can not see on a on going basis. I think LE likely does have video. it is too common to have cameras now for there to just not be any. maybe not any of her exactly from that exact time but maybe of persons of interest or cars. I don't question if there are cameras that seen something, I do question if where those cameras are thought fast enough to save video from the time in question.

I was sad to see that Mollie's Dad is headed back to California. In following missing person's cases you see the stages that unfold when they are not located right away. The families whole world changes overnight. In the beginning there is a lot of frenetic energy, then things get progressively quieter. Demands that you were able to put off in the beginning, now need attending too. LE gradually packs up and leaves.

At this point I think LE knows bits and pieces, but not who & why. Hopefully someone will come forward with the tip that will break the case.

That bothers me, as well. T.I.P. Electric is a member of Touchstone Energy, as is Gundry Electric, which covers Evansdale area. Touchstone is a giant company, so this coincidence is probably nothing of significance, but in both cases, the towns and areas in question are in those coops' perspective coverage areas.
T.I.P. Co-op also took down their employees info page from their website,early on in the case. It has vanished from the Internet..........

@kkdj my first husband was, among many things, a long time linesman. He honed his skills in the Army Signal Corps.
These folks know more than we could imagine.
I am in no way suggesting the perp in this case has a military background, but it't possible.
Thanks to you for all of your very thought-provoking posts as always.
Chi :)

And someone "planting" a red shirt around the WC farm is trying to divert attention from what they did and frame WC in the process.

And someone who knows the area and the people in it, especially WC. It would be perfect to plant that shirt in the opposite direction to distract. This killer is someone who is "familiar" to the people of the town, even if he doesn't live there. He does not stand out, is accepted, even though he might only pass through a few times a year. He is known, but not known.

Or so thinks I at this moment in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members