Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be pretty tough to bury anything in a cornfield?
Depending on rainfall amounts...wouldn't the ground be hard as a rock?
But I suppose a person could loosen the soil with for example: a post hold digger
Dig a bit, throw some lime on top of the body, spread out excess soil, stamp it down...quite the process but....lime takes care of the smell which I'm thinking is what attracts the buzzards?
Post hole diggers are common on farms.

Now is the hog farmer the owner of said corn field? I 'assume' he lives alone and does not have a regular job as in where he has to show up the next day. Definitely a creepy person.

Wouldn't it be pretty tough to bury anything in a cornfield?
Depending on rainfall amounts...wouldn't the ground be hard as a rock?
But I suppose a person could loosen the soil with for example: a post hold digger
Dig a bit, throw some lime on top of the body, spread out excess soil, stamp it down...quite the process but....lime takes care of the smell which I'm thinking is what attracts the buzzards?

Now is the hog farmer the owner of said corn field? I 'assume' he lives alone and does not have a regular job as in where he has to show up the next day. Definitely a creepy person.
The hardness of the soil depends on the soil itself and rainfall. I’ve walked through cornfields were the soil would be easy to dig in. There are areas that are void of corn due to the tractor turning or maybe running out of corn to plant or wash out areas from rain

The guy in the semi who followed them actually used the rain to his advantage and that's how he got away. So it makes you wonder about that. JMO.

It does indeed make you wonder. Unless this is a first timer strung out on emotion, then I'd guess knowing a weather report might be very handy . . .

Not from LE, so rumor and heresay.
We

listen to it again at the 11 min mark. They don’t know for sure, it’s not from LE, and they don’t say who the Mom made the remark to. Further, they don’t say of the red shirt could be the Perps. Too many holes in their remarks. I’m not crossing this off the list until we hear from LE. The reporters are doing a lot of speculating, similar to us!

Absolutely agree with you! Although, honest question...did LE State that they found a red shirt? (Not meant in a snarky way...they totally may have...I try to keep up but seems impossible). If not, then the very existence of a red shirt being found is called into question.

Except for the fact she’s missing, where she was last seen, what she was wearing (they think) it seems like almost all the info has just come from media and not from law enforcement. And I totally agree...I take everything else with a grain of salt. In fact, I also take what LE says with a grain of salt...for investigative purposes I am not convinced that they are being totally factual, which is totally understandable. (for example, the 5 areas on the map they said were just to jog memories about that night and they said there were no specific reasons for those areas...I am guessing there is a reason) ;)

Unless someone just got out of prison, a 40-yr old crime seems unlikely to have connections, but jmo.

You haven't lived with sociopaths much, have you? It gives them a reason to get up in the morning, and carry on! Sorry, to sound snarky, but I have spent too much of my life involved in the care and feeding of sociopaths. Be careful giving them a handout, as you may have to ask for your arm back! You would be shocked how long they can hold a grudge over the most picayune of things; or major things - look at the case of the Cardiologist who was recently shot down in Houston, because the shooters mom died in the operating room, decades ago, under the now deceased Cardiologist's care!

right now our puzzle just has a few pieces. not knowing for sure what piece goes where. Please, just give us a few more pieces to make the puzzle look more clearer. No one is going to call you and tell you little things about what you discovered and only you and the perp know.

No, there is no way one person owns all of the corn crop in one county. And pretty much the midwest is covered with corn, corn, corn, soybeans and.....corn.

I'm a Missouri 'hick' who used to live on a farm (city mouse to country mouse type thing) ....with soybeans and corn as the main crops. We had post hole diggers plus even a bulldozer....we also had a 'dump' site, in a ravine.
Also an old cistern we used until we got the well. Farmers can be quite 'crafty' and know how-to bury dead things such as cows, horses etc. so the smell doesn't bother the neighbors. A human body? Sadly, it can be done.

I'm a Missouri 'hick' who used to live on a farm (city mouse to country mouse type thing) ....with soybeans and corn as the main crops. We had post hole diggers plus even a bulldozer....we also had a 'dump' site, in a ravine.
Also an old cistern we used until we got the well. Farmers can be quite 'crafty' and know how-to bury dead things such as cows, horses etc. so the smell doesn't bother the neighbors. A human body? Sadly, it can be done.

Yikes:eek:

There is a BIG variety of earth moving hand tools. I don't see digging as the major problem. I'd think encountering tough roots might be as well as lugging anything between narrow rows.

If using someone else's cornfield, I doubt the addition of lime as I see it as necessitating an extra trip.

And this just came to me: A handyman/lawn maintenance person/construction worker might keep a wheel barrow and some tools in his truck . . . That would solve nearly all the cornfield problems. Dark and the storm would solve the others.

Last edited:
Absolutely agree with you! Although, honest question...did LE State that they found a red shirt? (Not meant in a snarky way...they totally may have...I try to keep up but seems impossible). If not, then the very existence of a red shirt being found is called into question.

Except for the fact she’s missing, where she was last seen, what she was wearing (they think) it seems like almost all the info has just come from media and not from law enforcement. And I totally agree...I take everything else with a grain of salt. In fact, I also take what LE says with a grain of salt...for investigative purposes I am not convinced that they are being totally factual, which is totally understandable. (for example, the 5 areas on the map they said were just to jog memories about that night and they said there were no specific reasons for those areas...I am guessing there is a reason) ;)
I think you summed it up; ATM, we don’t know! Hopefully, lots of verifiable facts to be revealed soon.

right now our puzzle just has a few pieces. not knowing for sure what piece goes where. Please, just give us a few more pieces to make the puzzle look more clearer. No one is going to call you and tell you little things about what you discovered and only you and the perp know.
Love this post. $300+k is a lifestyle change in Iowa. Some good soul will go to LE and rightfully, and anonymously, collect this reward. I’m betting on it. It’s probably someone who keeps second guessing themselves.

The real problem I have with the cornfield idea is that the cornfield is usually plowed soon after the harvest or in the spring. So that means a farmer would find the body. I think there are plenty of other choices to hide a body within the vicinity of Brooklyn, like woods, lakes, rivers and state parks and whatnot.

I wonder if it matters if Brooklyn only had 4” or so of rain in July that digging a hole to bury someone would be more difficult? It was pretty dry in my hometown especially was until recently. Just a thought... Imo

Other thing i said was possibly ran from a predator that ended up getting her in a field, there have been black bear reports in iowa not far from there, also wolves, rapid dogs, coyotes, they have rattlesnakes
As someone who lives amongst these creatures ( I have had huge bears on my deck and at my door for 13 years)I have crossed paths with coyotes and every thing you mentioned except rattle snakes, I can pretty much assure you that this did not happen. As soon of these animals notice you, they run and are gone so fast you're not even sure you saw them. Bears are especially shy and "polite" and will move quickly on unless cubs are in danger, or they are " guarding" a carcass. Even then the chance of them attacking is incredibly low. Same for coyote. I once walked right into the path of one and the instant we noticed each other it ran off as if encountering a monster and I was left standing there in awe.

Last edited:
If she had a medical emergency, she had her phone. No need to try to take a shortcut through a field.

No, in this scenario we have to assume that she doesn't have her phone--that is, that her phone's out of power. Because, if her phone were still on, they'd have been able to find her by tracking it.

Love this post. $300+k is a lifestyle change in Iowa. Some good soul will go to LE and rightfully, and anonymously, collect this reward. I’m betting on it. It’s probably someone who keeps second guessing themselves.
You can only collect that reward if Mollie is in fact alive, the odds are significantly against this being the case. There’s always hope though, until they find a body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackie&Tim