Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is "Schoedinger's Mollie?" Is this a real term? I have heard this before a few posts back and have no idea what it means. Who is this person and why would Mollie "belong" to him?
It means since we don't know whether she is currently alive or dead, she is both or neither until we know otherwise.
Schrodinger's experiment was simple: A box, with a cat inside, and no way to tell if it is alive or dead unless one opens the box. Until the box is opened, there is no way to know. Until we are notified one way or another, we can't know. I was certainly not trying to make light of the situation, I was simply trying to put forth that it's just as possibly she is alive and well than dead and gone. Because someone posted to me "Use your head. She's not alive". That's pretty sad to just post that, IMO.

Last edited:
Maybe there are cases where a victim went willingly with a person she knew and then they “kept” her but none are coming to mind (other than family issues.)

Most people in a 20-yr old’s world do NOT have the capability to “keep” a person hidden for weeks, months, years, even days. Most still live with their parents. Sure, could be some oddball adult she knows in some way...but I fear there is less chance of her being “held’ than there is of her leaving on her own. All parents say that...every case I have seen that ended the worst way, or never resolved...that their child is being held, please let them go. What else can they say and hope? The cases we know of where victims were alive are famous for a reason. Jmo

That is where I struggle....Especially if the perps plan didn't include holding her against her will. My thinking here is purely the logistics of keeping someone hidden, secure and alive for such a long time without being discovered/caught. I imagine that would be extremely difficult to pull off in this day and age for many reasons.

I definitely agree if someone took her it was someone she knew/knew of her rather than a complete stranger.

I keep going back and forth. I keep thinking someone that knew her took her but if that was the case I would THINK LE would have already gotten them by now. Since they haven't gotten them I keep leaning toward a stranger abduction. But then again maybe LE DOES know who kidnapped her and it's just a matter of getting enough evidence on them. JMO.

Very true, and it's not quite fair to Mollie to assume she has more resiliency and strength than others. It kind of implies that because of this she should be able to get out of whatever situation she is in. Some things are beyond our control, no matter how strong we may be.
Still not my point. It is better to be alive than dead. That is my point. That is all. If she is alive and not in a coma or beyond medical care, she can recover. If she is dead, that is not possible. That is all I said.

Wouldn’t it be wise to take a portion of the reward money to hire pi’s or world renown psychics? It wouldn’t hurt imo
You can’t do that. The reward fund was set up in order to generate information from a tipster, that brings Mollie back safely. The terms are the terms

A separate fund could be set up for that purpose, but it’s way too early to have a private investigator coming in, stepping on the toes of local, state, and federal authorities. There are a tremendous amount of avenues that still need to be explored, especially on the electronic data end, and that I would argue, gives law enforcement it’s best shot of solving this.

At some point, if this case goes cold, and a significant amount of time has passed, a private investigator may be a good option. Hopefully we don’t get to that point.

In a war torn/third-world country sure but in the US? Like I say, just think about feeding, sanitation, security. The captor would have to leave regularly to resupply etc.

The effort and cost alone to keep that up even if a couple of perps in rural Iowa couldn't be done for long IMO. I'm sure there are dozens of other aspects that would give the game away very quickly in such a high-profile case too.

It's more likely; it's rural; there are more places; less visitors etc. As for the US - example -
Ariel Castro kidnappings - Wikipedia
There are others.

I don’t think he stopped. I think they are looking for the car on cameras there only. (Like the Hannah graham walking videos but with cars). Just not sure how those cameras are aimed. Also—if she was no longer in the car at that point he could have stopped...that’s also an unfortunate possibility....

One more quick thing—Iowa DOT shows all the cameras along I 80 and other places. I do think the ones around the truck stop were pointed at the highway —which makes sense if they are IA DOT. I’m sure the truck stop also has surveillance cameras pointed more inside the truck stop but I can’t find those cameras
On line. Maybe someone more
Technically competent can!!

ETA—I know that LE would not need to ask if anyone saw anything “strange” if he didn’t stop. But they may be trying to determine just what we are. Maybe they are hoping for a description of something at the car wash or other red dots that they can correlate to camera video at the truck stop to see which way he went. It’s a weak theory. I know.

Last edited:
It's more likely; it's rural; there are more places; less visitors etc. As for the US - example -
Ariel Castro kidnappings - Wikipedia
There are others.
There are in fact others, but these situations are incredibly rare on the whole (kidnappings). It is far more likely that she is dead, and has been dead since early on. There remains the hope that she is still alive, but it is statistically unlikely.

So in a plain not coded way, does it involve RT going back to CA. If so how and why?
There is nothing significant about her dad going back to his life. I think someone may have said that in itself was very " telling", but all it tells us is investigators are best left up to continuing their work on the case and although RT has been extremely helpful, after a month it's time for him to go home. I'm sure there is plenty he can still do from there and if necessary he will return.

It means since we don't know whether she is currently alive or dead, she is both or neither until we know otherwise.
Schroedinger's experiment was simple: A box, with a cat inside, and no way to tell if it is alive or dead unless one opens the box. Until the box is opened, there is no way to know. Until we are notified one way or another, we can't know. I was certainly not trying to make light of the situation, I was simply trying to put forth that it's just as possibly she is alive and well than dead and gone. Because someone posted to me "Use your head. She's not alive". That's pretty sad to just post that, IMO.
Opinion - I think yall may be beating a dead cat...... I hope Mollie is alive, but I am braced for the other..... Let there please be an arrest soon and justice for Mollie.

Maybe there are cases where a victim went willingly with a person she knew and then they “kept” her but none are coming to mind (other than family issues.)

Most people in a 20-yr old’s world do NOT have the capability to “keep” a person hidden for weeks, months, years, even days. Most still live with their parents. Sure, could be some oddball adult she knows in some way...but I fear there is less chance of her being “held’ than there is of her leaving on her own. All parents say that...every case I have seen that ended the worst way, or never resolved...that their child is being held, please let them go. What else can they say and hope? The cases we know of where victims were alive are famous for a reason. Jmo
I can think of several cases where this happened, but we are not supposed to mention other cases in this thread. But there have been several high profile cases in the last few years where that was actually the case.

It's easier to state what I think; I think she's been abducted by someone who is known to her; I don't think it's a unknown person who has carried out the abduction. I don't think it started out as an abduction.
Thx mucho rebel for the info.

How should we interpret this police statement that we must consider foul play as the reason that Mollie is a missing person? What does "foul play" mean in relation to a missing person?

"Although we have not ruled out any scenario that could explain Mollie’s disappearance, we must consider the possibility that foul play is involved."

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

I don't see anything on the website about the locations beyond police asking people who were in those areas to speak to police.
Thank you. That completely clears up the " ping rumor" I've been asking for an explanation since I saw the initial post, stating the areas were based on cell phone pings. I was asking for a definitive answer, or proof of that statement and you provided it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbustam1