Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe there are cases where a victim went willingly with a person she knew and then they “kept” her but none are coming to mind (other than family issues.)

Most people in a 20-yr old’s world do NOT have the capability to “keep” a person hidden for weeks, months, years, even days. Most still live with their parents. Sure, could be some oddball adult she knows in some way...but I fear there is less chance of her being “held’ than there is of her leaving on her own. All parents say that...every case I have seen that ended the worst way, or never resolved...that their child is being held, please let them go. What else can they say and hope? The cases we know of where victims were alive are famous for a reason. Jmo

Katie Beers in NY was taken by a family friend when she was 9 and kept for 16 days in an underground dungeon until the kidnapper confessed. Both him and another guy were arrested and charged with kidnapping and sexual assault and both died in prison.

Most cases I can think of like this involve children, though.

There is nothing significant about her dad going back to his life. I think someone may have said that in itself was very " telling", but all it tells us is investigators are best left up to continuing their work on the case and although RT has been extremely helpful, after a month it's time for him to go home. I'm sure there is plenty he can still do from there and if necessary he will return.

Honestly someone from the FBI or DCI probably sat down with him and said listen Rob, we're working around the clock but it may be a while. You're under so much stress here, you're going to give yourself a heart attack. If we have any news you can be on the next flight out of CA and be here in a couple of hours. Go home, keep up the media attention from CA, and we will let you know exactly where we are.

Honestly someone from the FBI or DCI probably sat down with him and said listen Rob, we're working around the clock but it may be a while. You're under so much stress here, you're going to give yourself a heart attack. If we have any news you can be on the next flight out of CA and be here in a couple of hours. Go home, keep up the media attention from CA, and we will let you know exactly where we are.
100% agree this is likely how that conversation went.

Uhhhh...it's been an internet meme for about a decade now, the theory is hardly complex, and you just did what you are accusing me of. It's a simple way to say we don't know if she is alive or dead, so she is both or neither until we are informed by LE otherwise. If you think that makes me appear "brilliant", that is hardly the intention. Also, Googling things one doesn't understand is not harmful. I recommend it.
Dittos 2 u once again. A decade? Heck, I had a tshirt back in 2004 that had a pic of a cat with words, "Schrodinger's cat is dead" written across the back, so it's been a meme and part of the cultural lingo for at least 14 years. So, yeah, it's not complex or arcane. Thx i'm-someone.
-AC

Katie Beers in NY was taken by a family friend when she was 9 and kept for 16 days in an underground dungeon until the kidnapper confessed. Both him and another guy were arrested and charged with kidnapping and sexual assault and both died in prison.

Most cases I can think of like this involve children, though.
Either that, or high risk young adults who could just as easily be missing on their own volition, as have met some sort of foul play. You see this type of thing with people involved with prostitution, drugs, and those who live a transient lifestyle.

It means since we don't know whether she is currently alive or dead, she is both or neither until we know otherwise.
Schroedinger's experiment was simple: A box, with a cat inside, and no way to tell if it is alive or dead unless one opens the box. Until the box is opened, there is no way to know. Until we are notified one way or another, we can't know. I was certainly not trying to make light of the situation, I was simply trying to put forth that it's just as possibly she is alive and well than dead and gone. Because someone posted to me "Use your head. She's not alive". That's pretty sad to just post that, IMO.
Yes, I agree. Also not very nice. BUT, I will have to research that experiment. Seems to me a cat in a box will make an awful lot of noise. Must be alive. That would be my assessment.

The more I think about this case, the more I am inclined to believe that the person responsible for Mollie's disappearance is either a younger person/ student, who she may or may not be acquainted with from her college, or a young to middle aged, unemployed person who lives within close proximity to, and is very familiar with Brooklyn area. This person may or may not be acquainted with Mollie. I no longer really believe it is someone who has scheduled business in Brooklyn that would place them there on Wednesdays. Wednesday just seems like such an unlikely day for someone gainfully employed to commit such a crime. Yeah, I know not everyone works Mon-Fri, but still, to me, this seems like something that is more likely to occur on a Friday night or Saturday night when more people tend to be out, and out later, socializing, drinking, etc. I may be wrong about every bit of this, and probably am, but this is where my head is at the moment. JMO
which makes me wonder what companies around there might be working 12 hour shifts 3 days on, 4 days off. (if there are any) I was just reminded that one department where I work considers Wednesday their Friday because they work Sunday - Wednesday. But, I agree that having to go back to work the next day might be a deterrent. People who work M-F during the day might be too tired to plan anything for the evening. I don't think it would likely be a single father with small children, either, since they would probably have visitation on Wednesday evening.

Google maps shows that on the northeast corner of 200th and Hwy 6 (just north of red dot 4 and Big Bear Creek) is a T.I.P. substation (is that what it's called?). This could be a factor in the theory I posted this morning that an electric worker was in that area prior to MT's disappearance and that dot 4 could actually be the starting point on the map instead of the truck stop (back on page 3).

Again, maybe not the most plausible theory in my opinion, but still taking a look. Trying to keep an open mind.

MOO

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-19_15-42-43.png
    upload_2018-8-19_15-42-43.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Yes, I agree. Also not very nice. BUT, I will have to research that experiment. Seems to me a cat in a box will make an awful lot of noise. Must be alive. That would be my assessment.
I believe the ways to prove or disprove mentioned sounds. At least every time I've heard it discussed I know sound, or other clues are mentioned. Much like this case. Which is why I used the term, lol. Not brilliant, just using a known theory to make a point.

I knew someone would eventually ask about psychics. I just knew it. Can't say how.
-AC
You should see some of the posts on Twitter. One “psychic” tagged an investigator and told him to fly to Las Vegas, and she would explain everything to him. Someone needs to dig up Sylvia Browne or Miss Cleo. Lol

There could be some bad odors involved in this cat experiment either way ?

but they said she made it back safely???
That was early on, when local LE was in charge, and communicated to some witnesses that they thought she made it back. This very well may not be the case, especially as LE has now had significant time to analyze the digital evidence that would tell them if she did in fact, make it back or not.

Still not my point. It is better to be alive than dead. That is my point. That is all. If she is alive and not in a coma or beyond medical care, she can recover. If she is dead, that is not possible. That is all I said.
That wasn't what I was referring to, I was addressing a previous post in which you said her background in psychology and her strong ties to her family would make her resilient in a situation in which she was held captive. It had nothing to do with being dead or alive. The post you are responding to was in response to that particular statement, before the concept of it being better dead or alive came up at all. Hope that clears it up.

Listened to podcast
I took a few days off here and was following the SW thread so I am behind. To do a quick catch up last night I played Nancy Grace's podcast of 8/16 on MT case. I am going to listen to it again to make sure I got it right because I was starting to fall to sleep but she said something about LE stating they believe they will have MT back within 10 days (of the 16th) and that the person had been involved in the search and attended the vigil for MT. Is this just hype on Grace's part or LE's or is there anything concrete to it. I see her dad has left for home and the discussion here still centers around the same unknowns as before which leads me to think nothing has changed.

The podcast can be heard here for Aug 16th
Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

I listened to podcast. Unusual LE statement to announce a projected return time period, for MT. It indicated that info from a LE source? Un-named.
So no legitimate confirmation of such claim. IMO, not credible.

I believe the ways to prove or disprove mentioned sounds. At least every time I've heard it discussed I know sound, or other clues are mentioned. Much like this case. Which is why I used the term, lol. Not brilliant, just using a known theory to make a point.

There could be some bad odors involved in this cat experiment either way ?

Luckily it is a thought experiment.

Schrödinger's cat: a cat, a flask of poison, and a radioactive source are placed in a sealed box. If an internal monitor (e.g. Geiger counter) detects radioactivity (i.e. a single atom decaying), the flask is shattered, releasing the poison, which kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when one looks in the box, one sees the cat either alive or dead not both alive and dead. This poses the question of when exactly quantum superposition ends and reality collapses into one possibility or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko