Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My last post was not meant to have the quotes that it did. Sorry! Sometimes I want to post and will start one, but then change my mind. I meant to post to confusins post #918.
If you'll read my post, I said at the beginning that "this is all hypothetical, so please don't ask for sources." and ended it with MOO. My frazzled mind is the only source I have. Sorry.

This has likely been posted a hundred times already, but does this look probable for the car wash camera? It would be facing E 2nd St. Would you think it could capture the intersection right there? Or even down Clay St.?

Attachments

• MT6.PNG
    MT6.PNG
    607.6 KB · Views: 62
  • MT7.PNG
    MT7.PNG
    459.1 KB · Views: 58
I just watched a video with some guys theory of the pinned tweet on Mollie's account. I wish he would post here. Anyway I know I can't speak of other sites but I can speak of the spooky and telling "pinned" tweet on MT account. I didn't know what it meant to pin a tweet until today. So basically you go to a past tweet, press the down arrow and pin to your profile page which will bring the tweet to the top. So the theory is that when MT was being abducted she noticed it was the same guy from the library pretending to be a police officer and saying she looked like a missing girl. So she went to the tweet from November where she told people of the weird episode and pinned that tweet so that the first thing anyone saw when they opened her twitter was that tweet. She probably didn't have time to do anything else.

So it was a guy dressed up like a cop? That is an odd tweet.

I still find it at least somewhat difficult to accept that MT being alone that evening would play in to her disappearance. With SM being the rule of the day, is anyone ever really 'alone'?

Now, if MT were abducted from the house, her being alone would be an obvious and important piece of the plan but being abducted from the street, it's less likely that it would have mattered much.

Her father took her brothers to college and he's back in California so I wonder how her mother is going to cope. I know she has a sister because she talked to the media so I assume she is close by I hope, otherwise that would be so hard for her. I can't imagine.

For sure, the initial information released to the public was the most solid that we have. As the case developed and the FBI entered the picture, the information disseminated to the public has been designed to solicit specific bits and pieces that the feds are interested in fill in the gaps. I suspect some info released by authorities may not even be true in the first place.

A program, I watched, last night, showed L.E telling lies to a suspect, who they thought committed the murder, of a young girl.
It was terrific to watch.
After 8 years, the Creep admitted he killed the girl, due to the smart actions and lies of L.E.

Similarly, L.E target a suspect, with terrific porkies, pretending to befriend them (under cover etc), and the Creeps fall for it, and disclose everything.
These Creeps, I hope all get caught as not as bright as the 'boys in blue', and their superb tactics.
So what we hear, may be great tactics: Police have their plan.:):):)

I still find it at least somewhat difficult to accept that MT being alone that evening would play in to her disappearance. With SM being the rule of the day, is anyone ever really 'alone'?

Now, if MT were abducted from the house, her being alone would be an obvious and important piece of the plan but being abducted from the street, it's less likely that it would have mattered much.
i disagree. No one was at the house to be aware of her not returning to sound an alarm.
if anyone were home, Mollie would have been expected back.

@RMT953 so glad to see you here and read your excellent thoughts, like you contributed to Lucas' thread.
I too pondered the American Fork situation.
Thanks for putting that info on this thread.
Sleepy Chi---see ya'll tomorrow and keep hope alive as long as we can.

Last edited:
This has likely been posted a hundred times already, but does this look probable for the car wash camera? It would be facing E 2nd St. Would you think it could capture the intersection right there? Or even down Clay St.?

I've never been asked to nor voluntarily installed a surveillance camera in such a manner. It is possible, I suppose, if the owner wanted better concealment but it leaves open the possibility of insect and smallish animal infiltration of the inner structure.

Such an installation might limit the coverage area given that the lens would be recessed in to the siding facade.

So it was a guy dressed up like a cop? That is an odd tweet.
I have to wonder if there was even an amber alert for this so called 10 year old missing girl that the cop approached MT about in November.

Her father took her brothers to college and he's back in California so I wonder how her mother is going to cope. I know she has a sister because she talked to the media so I assume she is close by I hope, otherwise that would be so hard for her. I can't imagine.
Are these brothers that he took to college from another family he has or are they the two that are from his marriage to Mollie's mom?

I just watched a video with some guys theory of the pinned tweet on Mollie's account. I wish he would post here. Anyway I know I can't speak of other sites but I can speak of the spooky and telling "pinned" tweet on MT account. I didn't know what it meant to pin a tweet until today. So basically you go to a past tweet, press the down arrow and pin to your profile page which will bring the tweet to the top. So the theory is that when MT was being abducted she noticed it was the same guy from the library pretending to be a police officer and saying she looked like a missing girl. So she went to the tweet from November where she told people of the weird episode and pinned that tweet so that the first thing anyone saw when they opened her twitter was that tweet. She probably didn't have time to do anything else.
Wait. What? How would anyone know that Mollie recognized her abductor?

i disagree. No one was at the house to be aware of her not returning to sound an alarm.
if anyone were home, Mollie would have been expected back.

I suppose it comes down to how much time the perp needed to whisk MT away from the area. Of course, the more time available without causing concern, the better, and MT being alone would certainly entertain for more time.

The question is, would the extra time be necessary? I expect many street abductions occur/have occurred regardless of whether or not there is/was anyone else at the victim's house at the time. It seems not to have mattered to those perps, why would it have to matter to this (if this is a street abduction)?

Yeah, I just think it’s something that is important to consider. It could of course be nothing, or it is incredibly relevant. I always try to look at coincidences with suspicion.
Even if the perp knew Mollie was dog sitting, he wouldn’t know if she was expected somewhere at a certain time. Or if she had invited a friend to come over after dinner. Or if she had arranged to call someone later. Someone, being unable to track Mollie down, might have set in motion a frantic search for her. Just think: Had Mollie’s mother tried to contact her when she didn’t show up for dinner, Mollie’s mother might’ve sounded the alarm much sooner. So, in that respect, the perp got lucky. Then again, he probably didn’t need much of a head start to get away and disappear.

I'm not going to post my two spots of interest because I'm sure you are all sick of seeing me post those. In addition, to my hot spots, I would recommend looking in big grain bins (or the equivalent) where the corn might be kept. Silo, I don't know what you call them as I am a city slicker.
I would assume she would definitely be found eventually if she was in one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot