Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe so but why was that tweet pinned to the top of her twitter page.
Maybe someone else did it? I do not know how Twitter works but I'm sure someone here can explain it. Also, how do we even know it was at the top of the page? And if it was, why wouldn't someone have brought it up before? There was some conversation about that particular event, but I don't recall anyone saying she pinned it to the top of the page, or that it had any significance. I would think someone would have noticed this before. Actually I'm not even sure what that means. That it appeared at the top but had a different date? When was it posted, or pinned, there? Are you sure it was on the day of her disapearance? It just doesn't sound right.

Maybe someone else did it? I do not know how Twitter works but I'm sure someone here can explain it. Also, how do we even know it was at the top of the page? And if it was, why wouldn't someone have brought it up before? There was some conversation about that particular event, but I don't recall anyone saying she pinned it to the top of the page, or that it had any significance. I would think someone would have noticed this before. Actually I'm not even sure what that means. That it appeared at the top but had a different date? When was it posted, or pinned, there? Are you sure it was on the day of her disapearance? It just doesn't sound right.
Check out her twitter account it is open. It was a tweet from November, there were many tweets after that and then it was pinned which means you bring it to the top of your twitter feed.

My read of the pinned Tweet is that MT found it funny/outrageous she was mistaken for a ten-year-old child. I have a feeling it was a common thing to bring up with her friends/family that she looks young for her age. I can't remember if it was an actual status/caption she posted on SM or a comment on one of her own posts, but MT had made mention jokingly about "looking her age" or something like that before.

A lot of people pin funny/ridiculous, etc. Tweets to the top of their page. IMO I think that's all it was and nothing more or nothing that she did because of her disappearance.

Edit: On one of her IG photos, she says "Sometimes I wear makeup and actually look my age." This makes me think it's kind of a running joke with friends/family that she looks younger than her age.

Last edited:
I found it odd at first as well but IMO it’s a really random coincidence. Looks to me at the tweet was pinned on Nov 14th.

My read of the pinned Tweet is that MT found it funny/outrageous she was mistaken for a ten-year-old child. I have a feeling it was a common thing to bring up with her friends/family that she looks young for her age. I can't remember if it was an actual status/caption she posted on SM or a comment on one of her own posts, but MT had made mention jokingly about "looking her age" or something like that before.

A lot of people pin funny/ridiculous, etc. Tweets to the top of their page. IMO I think that's all it was and nothing more or nothing that she did because of her disappearance.
So MT could have pinned this tweet many months ago or when it happened. I guess when you pin a tweet, it stays at the top and all other tweets after that are posted underneath it.

I've accidentally pinned tweets before. I'm not saying she did, I have no idea if she did or what she thought about that incident or tweet, Only sharing what my fat thumbs have done. I draw no inference from the fact she intentional or accidentally pinned a tweet.

it certainly seems ironic that this specific tweet was pinned.
It’s probably some jackazz troll who has hacked her account or created a false one. We should lobby for legislation to prosecute idiots who do this to missing or presumed murdered.

Heavy Twitter user here. It is an odd tweet to have pinned for sure but in no way do I believe she’d scroll back 7 months to find and pin it instead of calling 911 (you can’t tell when it was pinned). It’d take less time to open the most recent text in your Messages and type in: help! Or call 911.

Elaborate idea but I can’t get behind it.

Assuming Perp is reasonably intelligent, he might have intended to take her from house but timing didn't work. Plan B was to nab her on the street. No housemates at home meant Perp had much much better chance of a clean getaway. Sure, anyone might have called her or shown up at any time, but an empty house is better than a full one for his purposes. Same reason burglars search for vacant houses, and rapists seek women who are alone. It betters the chance of a successful crime.
-AC

Abducting MT from a house would cause extended exposure for the perp. He'd have to park his vehicle either in the driveway, on the street in front of the house or at least in close proximity to facilitate easier movement of MT from house to vehicle.

A perp also wouldn't know if MT was expecting visitors; family, friends or neighbors.

A perp also might not know if there was a firearm in the house.

There also is the possibility of leaving behind organic or other possibly identifying material in the house; a Forensics dream.

Of course, the perp could have wielded a weapon and used that threat to control MT to have her quietly move herself from house to vehicle. Would she be so frightened so as not to scream or attempt escape whilst outside of the dwelling? Probably, but she being a runner it is just as likely she might believe she could outrun her abductor.

A street abduction eliminates many issues. Yes, eyewitnesses would be a potential issue but it seems a perp would feel more comfortable remaining within or as close to a vehicle as possible.

Last edited:

Agreed

if she was in the trunk she would be out of sight.
If he was transporting her, she was prob drugged at this point and could have been under the cover over a pick-up truck's bed or inside the camper on the pick-up. Even in a long, shiny tool box in the bed of a construction worker's pick-up. It was a hot July night and he'd just done a lot of hard, hot work -- he needed the biggest, iciest drink the truck stop had. So what if he had dirt and lots of grime all over him -- it was part of the job. Besides, maybe the truck stop has a restaurant and drive-through window, does it?

Check out her twitter account it is open. It was a tweet from November, there were many tweets after that and then it was pinned which means you bring it to the top of your twitter feed.
I wouldn't even know how to check it out, but did you say what the date was? My only question right now is was it the same exact date. I actually read the tweet, someone must have posted it on here, a long time ago, and it was suggested that she put it there because people were always mistaking her for a younger teen and she thought it was amusing. So does it say the date and time?

I would think that if Mollie had time to pin a tweet while being abducted, she would have had time to call 911. It's simple on an iPhone and can be done silently if necessary. jmo That incident was a bit premonitional in an eerie sort of way though, I agree.
i agree. I don't think Mollie would have had time to do that, and I know the creep wouldn't have allowed Mollie to continue to use SM after abducting her. I wonder if it was investigated when that tweet was pinned. If before she went missing, I think it's just ironic and doesn't mean anything. If after, then it could have been the sicko who pinned it. If it was someone known to Mollie, there is a good chance he was already aware of that tweet.

So MT could have pinned this tweet many months ago or when it happened. I guess when you pin a tweet, it stays at the top and all other tweets after that are posted underneath it.

MT may have pinned it because she wanted to remind herself to check news for a missing child and see if she were located.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader