Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but LE has only confirmed one cell phone "ping" for the southernmost area of interest, down V21. The rest are areas of interest for, presumably, other reasons, or maybe there are other "pings" that LE has not told us about. DJ's house for obvious reasons. The car wash is of interest perhaps for its cameras and what they showed, and maybe for many other reasons. The truck stop perhaps because of what was seen on its cameras, or maybe because of what a Lot Lizzard told LE. As for the easternmost red dot out in the boonies, your guess is as good as mine!
Thanks! Never thought of lot lizards. Could be the best witnesses, if any hang around there. It looks like a pretty nice truck stop.

I think it's unfair to speculate why MT father is going home. No one knows his financial situation. He may not be able to take more than a month long leave of absence. It sounds like he has other kids, whether stepchildren or not, he also has an obligation to them. Not many people can afford to take a month off of work.
I hear where you are coming from. What would you do?

Hello all, Purely based on coincidence I have to ask the question I was thinking about. What if there was a female involved in the disappearance? You all probably won’t give me as much of a glance but as soon as I thought “what’s to rule out the role of a female? Why does every post say “he” or “him” regarding the alleged abductor?-I was at the store and kept thinking it is a possibility. It’s INCREDIBLY unlikely but it was strange that 5 or so minutes later I saw posts mentioning this commonly known occurrence of workers at a truck stop, which I’m guessing is mostly a female group of sex workers, and I have sympathy for the ones that feel they have no choice, but what is their primary objective? Money, if I had to answer that myself. I deal with public records day in and day out, and I’ll never consider ‘illegal’ or legal prostitution indicative of someone being a bad person. I think they are lost and just need help, and I wanted to point that out. MOO and just adding a possibility. Thank you for reading.

Also thank you Roses and others who I couldn’t figure how out to quote! ❤️
Very interesting speculation. But why haven’t they concocted a way to claim the money of that is the case?

You are right. Women should not be ruled out.

Just curious, what is everyone’s thoughts on the likely hood that they will find out what happened to MT? After a month and based on previous similar cases you have followed on websleuths?
If she has been killed, I think they will likely find the body when the cornfields get harvested or when hunters go out into the woods. 2-5 months.

If she has been killed, I think they will likely find the body when the cornfields get harvested or when hunters go out into the woods. 2-5 months.

Unfortunately as time like this has gone, that does seem to be a likely possibility. A mushroom hunter or a deer hunter out in woods or fields no one else has any reason to go.

On the other hand, she may still be in the possession of a whacky person, who is keeping her alive.

Either situation has more than one precedent.

Her immediate circle could be more helpful than they understand, and think hard.

I have one that accounts for all 5 points, but I'm not saying it's a good one. This is all hypothetical so please don't ask for sources even though I'm stating it as fact. TIA
The "man" decided to go on the prowl that day/evening, but obviously didn't want to hunt too close to home. He drove to Brooklyn, and stopped at the truck stop (point 1) to buy a few supplies. He's been there enough times in the past to have a good idea where the cameras are, and was able to avoid them for the most part. I believe he was wearing a hat and sunglasses to help obscure his face. He bought duct tape, gloves, a small rope and probably a few other small items to make his purchases less suspicious. He put on the gloves, left there and started checking out the town. If there had been no easy mark, he would have just moved on to another town.

Mollie was on her run, and was just crossing the street by the car wash (point 2) when he came by. He drove around a bit checking to see how busy the streets were, and how likely witnesses were. When he decided that he had a good chance of success, he went back and tracked her down just as she was getting ready to turn onto 385th (point 3) to get back home. He stopped, grabbed her, duct taped her mouth, hands and feet, threw her in the back seat and took off. Because he caught her off guard and she was pretty well worn out from the run (and probably at least a little out of breath), it only took a minute or so to complete. He then drove following 385th through town, without worrying about being seen because she was out of sight in the trunk.

When he got to 385th and 200th (point 4), he turned into one of the field roads, turned off the lights and got into the backseat. After he did whatever he planned to do, and strangled her with the rope he just bought he either dragged her body further into the field or left her in his car to leave somewhere else. It would have made the most sense to leave her, but I think she may have been found already if he did. Anyway, about the time he got to point 5, he noticed that her phone was in the car, possibly because of a text or call coming in, and he smashed it. In case it was tracked, he didn't want to leave it where it last worked, so he threw it out several miles down the road. From there, he just continued on his way home, and dropped her off somewhere else along the way if he hadn't left her in the field or with the phone. He threw the gloves, hat and sunglasses away, along with any excess tape and the rope.

A clerk at the truck stop told LE that a man had bought those things, but couldn't give a very good description of him, and definitely not enough for a sketch. What they're looking for now is anyone who was at the truck stop and saw someone putting those things into a vehicle, hoping to get a better description. They're most likely also looking for anyone who saw a strange man fitting the vague description around the car wash at the time she ran by, anyone who saw a car stopped on 385th & Historic US 6, anyone (especially from the farm near the corner) who saw a car pull off the road, and anyone who may have seen anyone unusual at 200th and 385th.

The end? MOO
Excellent Confusion; excellence in this post.
Chi jmo

SPECULATION

If LE wanted to make it appear the case was ramping down a bit, and some relevant folks returning to 'live their lives' as it were, might a perp perceive that as he's getting away with it and as a result inadvertently drop his guard?

I've been thinking the same thing. I'm hoping LE is closer than we realize and just waiting for someone to let their guard down.

Very interesting speculation. But why haven’t they concocted a way to claim the money of that is the case?

You are right. Women should not be ruled out.

I love your question. Thank you.
I can speculate one being ‘used and disposed of’ though it’s morbid and I do not want to offend anyone, or even think that, but if one is strung out for dope, money/drugs become their god and they will do things with a reward in sight without considering the outside consequences leading to such a reward. So, picture the mouse with cheese hanging over his head on a little pole..this is in cartoons and probably seems ridiculous but does he look left or right? If you see where I’m going with this.

You'd be surprised how intelligent some serial killers have been. I highly doubt that everything in my scenario is how it happened, but it's one way to tie all 5 points together.
A traveling serial killer who happened to be passing through the area and saw Mollie as a victim of opportunity would be very hard to find and connect to her disappearance. JMO

Just curious, what is everyone’s thoughts on the likely hood that they will find out what happened to MT? After a month and based on previous similar cases you have followed on websleuths?
I think it’s more probable than not that we find out what happened. The question is, when?!

Some of the theories involving the map seem to hone in on serial killers.

What explanations might we theorize that involve a local acquaintance instead?

For example, hypothetical: local accidentally hits Mollie with car or sees her get injured in a drunk boating accident. She is clearly dead.

Panics.

Drives around trying to think of what to do.

Stops in a random lot (truck stop) to search their phone or their brain for an idea on where to dispose of body.

Drives out toward pig farm. Tosses phone and Fitbit.

Drives a little further to forest preserve and dumps body.

Still panicked. Goes to car wash bc they want to immediately wash away all evidence and put this behind them.

Would a farmer riding around on a combine even see skeletonized human remains? The pieces of equipment that they use now are enormous. My guess is that a combine could run over an elephant without anyone noticing.

As a farmer, you would definitely notice it, there is generally a lot you are paying attention too. But if it was beans with a 40’ or longer head you may or may not notice it till it clogs the throat. The same a rock or a clump of weeds would do. Now with a corn head, you would probably either see it before you hit it or you would push it with one of the row pts. But you would definitely know. I have myself had a lump in my throat when I have come up on bags of remains while combining, but lucky for me every time they have been from lazy hunters who gut there deer and leave the remains behind. Sorry for the blunt and probably disturbing visual, but that is the best I can explain it.

It seems in many of these cases eventually Family comes to a point where they return to their routines. I think it's important to keep their sanity in a heartbreaking, surreal situation. Often LE checks in frequently and it must be some measure of comfort their loved one is not forgotten. I cant imagine. The month must have felt like years. It would be with you every second, minute, hour. I think if folks don't find some kind of a new normal they are of no help to themselves, family and their missing loved one.

I see your point but he does have a new wife that I am sure can handle a lot of these activities on his behalf. As far a job is concerned that come second.

When WOULD be a good time for him to return home so that he isn't judged too harshly? Six weeks? Eight? A year? The fact is, it could be months before Mollie is found-or even longer.

I have lived through the death of my child and one of the hardest things to accept is that, despite how badly you are hurting, the world DOES contine to move: bills must be paid, your other children need you, you have job responsibilities, your spouse needs you, etc. Eventually you HAVE to rejoin the world. It sucks, but it's still there.

Hello all, Purely based on coincidence I have to ask the question I was thinking about. What if there was a female involved in the disappearance? You all probably won’t give me as much of a glance but as soon as I thought “what’s to rule out the role of a female? Why does every post say “he” or “him” regarding the alleged abductor?-I was at the store and kept thinking it is a possibility. It’s INCREDIBLY unlikely but it was strange that 5 or so minutes later I saw posts mentioning this commonly known occurrence of workers at a truck stop, which I’m guessing is mostly a female group of sex workers, and I have sympathy for the ones that feel they have no choice, but what is their primary objective? Money, if I had to answer that myself. I deal with public records day in and day out, and I’ll never consider ‘illegal’ or legal prostitution indicative of someone being a bad person. I think they are lost and just need help, and I wanted to point that out. MOO and just adding a possibility. Thank you for reading.

Also thank you Roses and others who I couldn’t figure how out to quote! ❤️
I say him for two reasons. One, the data supports it (overwhelmingly). And two, because the motive is likely to be sexual, which is also indicative of the perpetrator being male.
If a female did this, the motive would likely be revenge, with extensive contact beforehand (texts, social media). This person would likely be quite easy to identify, as many people would likely know about this conflict.

In my opinion having followed many cases, Mollie will eventually be recovered. It may turn into fall and even into winter before any answers come.
It's been pointed out how Morgan Harrington was found by a farmer on a tractor (think he was mending his fences) purely by accident.
She was just bones at that point. And the farm was huge.
Of course, her killer was caught when he was linked to Hannah Graham's case.
Of many high-profile cases, Haleigh Cummings has never been found in Putnam County, Florida. And there are many more. :(
Investigators_receive_new_lead_in_Haleig_0_7472766_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

and DeOrr
5924f8017bceb.image.jpg

jmo ETA and Crystal Rogers?
crystal-rogers.jpg

Longtime follower/ Firt time poster - At the end of the day I think we are all over thinking this case.

The odds that someone just happened to abduct her on a night she was going to home alone is slim to none. Somebody within her inner circle knew she was going to be home alone. Similarly to when people on Facebook post pictures while they are on vacation!

I am interested to know more about the daycare workers. A father or boy friend at that facility could have easily known more about her private life. I have a gut feeling this is somebody she knew and willing left with and not expecting the outcome that occurred.

Additionally, don’t you find it odd that three other people have died fairly close by recently? The 14 year old autistic kid, the girl they found on the side of the road.
I agree that her place of employment, hospital day care, could be the origin of MT'S familiarity with the perp.
A father of a day care participant, could live in a nearby location, but make frequent trips to town. Develop a rapport with MT, and become knowledgeable about her private life. Same possibility with co-worker or other hospital worker, IMO. Perhaps MT had discussed a particular person, with her Dad? Resulting in his public appeal, to this known person, from the onset.

All speculation, on my part. Just one of many scenarios, that might fit into the puzzle.

I say him for two reasons. One, the data supports it (overwhelmingly). And two, because the motive is likely to be sexual, which is also indicative of the perpetrator being male.
If a female did this, the motive would likely be revenge, with extensive contact beforehand (texts, social media). This person would likely be quite easy to identify, as many people would likely know about this conflict.

Great thoughts again. Check out my post about someone being ‘used’ if you have time but I don’t disagree with your logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader