Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing out another thought..

What if they have found her alive and in order to try to bring down some type of sex trafficking ring, they haven't announced that and are trying to get more info on all those that are involved or save other girls.. or maybe they don't actually have her, but know where she is and are trying to gather more evidence or make those who have her think they don't know?

In almost every case I also see a theory proposed that they've possibly "found" a person and just aren't releasing that info. That has never panned out. Not once. And IMO it couldn't. There would be no way humanely possible to keep secret the discovery of a live human who had been missing. Or even a body.

The closest I've seen is reports of human remains found but not confirmation as to who it is until there's a positive ID. That does happen a lot.

Simple, perfect post.

I don't know what right they had to be "clarifying" any details about the investigation to begin with. They're not part of it to my knowledge.

True. But witnesses don't have to go on the news. That's a choice.

It was always bad advice to go submissively with a bad guy. Predators never rape or kill where they encounter the person. Going with someone or allowing them to transport you means death.

My dad taught me the Three T's.

Predators go according to a pattern:

Test: They test the victim. This can be something like crossing the street to cross the victim's path to see how they react. Whistling at them. Asking for the time or directions.

Don't pass that test. Men have no right to ever approach a woman alone for any reason. Ask another man.

Women and girls are socialized to be pleasing and polite. We have to change that. My dad taught me to be tough and aggressive in those situations. Example? A man attempts to approaches me in a parking garage. "Excuse me, ma'am?"
"Uh, no! Get the f..k away from me!"
I don't care that I may seem crazy or rude. I don't care how embarrassing it may be. I just "failed" a possible test and could've saved my own life. Predators don't want difficult victims.

Threaten: After you pass their test they will try to threaten you in some way. It can be a comment or it can be a gesture like invading your physical space. Don't allow this. Example: When I was young a man at a bar came up and was socializing with our group. He was leering at the women. He made some comment about "If that was my wife I'd smack her." That could be a threat. Sort of a message of his propensity for violence. My response? "If some man hit me, I'd wait until he passed out, I'd sew the top sheet and bottom sheet together, I'd get a bat and beat him to death."

I said this while leaning forward and making aggressive eye contact. All taught by my dad.

You stop a threat and they pick a different victim. With physical threats same thing. Don't let people invade your personal space. Get loud, aggressive and physical. Like the recent waitress who grabbed and threw a grown man to the ground after he grabbed her butt.

Transport: They will always transport you to another location, if they are preying on you (unless they attack you in your home). Don't let this happen. Ever. I'd rather be shot or stabbed where I might be found and possibly rescued, then put in someone's trunk, and tortured and repeatedly raped before being killed.

Never ever go. Period.

Gitana1: Perfectly stated.

I've been approached too many times--males deliberately walking in front of me, cocky-looking, staring. My usual response is " off".

I was approached by a homeless person not long ago, asking for the time. When I refused to give it to him, he got hostile. My verbal response would have made ears singe.

I've started carrying a stun gun and pepper spray. I may invest in a portable knife like the one you wear when jogging.

We can't afford to be victims. Ever.

I wear mirrored sunglasses, which can project the idea that I'm not approachable. It helps.

And don't be afraid to use your phone to photograph someone who looks intimidating as they approach you. Keep it set to "emergency" mode.

Last edited:
I have a request, I’m trying to keep all of the videos and news articles saved and in order. I can’t seem I find the one near the beginning that had a couple of her co-workers talking about her. Does anyone have that link? I hope this is ok to post here.

Do we have a media thread?

I wish I had the time but what I'd like to see is a chronological summary of actual, specific quotes and/or official statements about this case, with cites. I would do it but I don't have time!! But I could help.

Women and girls are socialized to be pleasing and polite. We have to change that. My dad taught me to be tough and aggressive in those situations. Example? A man attempts to approaches me in a parking garage. "Excuse me, ma'am?"
I don't care that I may seem crazy or rude. I don't care how embarrassing it may be. I just "failed" a possible test and could've saved my own life. Predators don't want difficult victims.

Maybe you dropped something.

Just my pondering as I read about this case. Trying to put together what we think we know, (based on le info), and what Mollie might have done up until the time she disappeared based on what seems to be a likely scenario. There are gaps obviously because we don’t know what else LE knows.

5:30 Mollie’s brother dropped her off after work.

1. What was she wearing then? Was it the red work shirt? How many work shirts does she have? Did LE find the shirt she had on that day at the house?

2. If I was watching the dogs, I would probably let them out shortly after I got dropped off because they had presumably been locked in the basement all day.

3. I might grab a snack or a cold drink. Relax for a bit. Is this when she was texting her mother about dinner and the dessert she wanted to make for Friday?

Sometime after this I go for my nightly jog.

1. Has she been positively ID’ed on this jog? Based on habit or did she tell her mother she was going? Based on eyewitness? Based on a cctv camera in town? Based on Fitbit info? Based on cellphone pings?

2. Do I always run the same route?

3. How long do I usually jog?

4. I put the dogs back in the basement before I leave.

Presuming I got home from my jog: (I’m pretty sure LE knows whether she did or not)

1. I change or wash up or shower or not in preparation to going to Mom’s for dinner. Again, there would be likely signs of this at the house.

2. I do not let the dogs out again. I figure I will do this when I get home from Mom’s.

3. I leave to walk/jog to Mom’s

What happened then?

If in fact she got home from her nightly jog, I believe she was abducted on her way to her mother’s and not from her boyfriend’s house for the following reasons:

1. There has been no reports of a suspicious vehicle at the home, nor has there been a bolo for any vehicle in conjunction with this case.

2. If someone followed her home from her jog on foot, he would have had to carry her away from the scene.

3. There would be evidence at the house.

4. I believe LE would give this info out so people would know the timeline and exact location when calling in possible tips.

5. This seems to be about the time the eyewitness says he saw her “walking nonchalantly”.

Additional questions to ponder:

How busy is the route she would have taken to her mother’s house between about 7:30 and 8:00 pm?

There was mention of some type of commercial building next to her boyfriend’s house.

1. Did people work there?

2. What hours is it open?

3. Is the Fitbit like a cellphone in that it gives general location rather than precise? Could it seem that Mollie got home when in fact she was grabbed and taken into the building next door? This would explain why LE seemed to think she might have returned home and then retracted that info when there was nothing to indicate she had been there.

4. Is there a garage?

5. Someone working there could easily have observed Mollie and knew she was alone.

Some theories that have her abducted from the home thought the perpetrator may have seen her out with the dogs and followed her home. I just don’t think this to be the case for the same reason burglars avoid homes with dogs. They don’t want to be attacked. Another question re the dogs: Did she usually walk them or just let them out into the yard?

Regarding contact lenses, I have several pairs in different cases at any given time. Someone could not come into my house and know definitively whether I was wearing any or not.

Whether she was abducted on her jog or on her walk to her mother’s house, I believe she either was the victim of a stranger abduction or she got willingly into a vehicle driven by someone known to her; perhaps someone she considered a friend but was harboring a secret crush on her.
Excellent post and welcome!!!!
We need it broken down just like you have.
Chi

In almost every case I also see a theory proposed that they've possibly "found" a person and just aren't releasing that info. That has never panned out. Not once. And IMO it couldn't. There would be no way humanely possible to keep secret the discovery of a live human who had been missing. Or even a body.

The closest I've seen is reports of human remains found but not confirmation as to who it is until there's a positive ID. That does happen a lot.

I haven't followed many other cases and nothing like this one. I just wondered maybe the reason so many FBI are involved and more joined in later was possibly them linking it to a bigger case or a bigger issue like that. I know it would be hard to hide discovering her.. just throwing out an idea that could explain their seemly optimistic statements and the info contradictions.. if they are trying to confuse whoever has her.. again maybe wishful thinking.

Simple, perfect post.

I don't know what right they had to be "clarifying" any details about the investigation to begin with. They're not part of it to my knowledge.

True. But witnesses don't have to go on the news. That's a choice.

It was always bad advice to go submissively with a bad guy. Predators never rape or kill where they encounter the person. Going with someone or allowing them to transport you means death.

My dad taught me the Three T's.

Predators go according to a pattern:

Test: They test the victim. This can be something like crossing the street to cross the victim's path to see how they react. Whistling at them. Asking for the time or directions.

Don't pass that test. Men have no right to ever approach a woman alone for any reason. Ask another man.

Threaten: After you pass their test they will try to threaten you in some way. It can be a comment or it can be a gesture like invading your physical space. Don't allow this. Example: When I was young a man at a bar came up and was socializing with our group. He was leering at the women. He made some comment about "If that was my wife I'd smack her." That could be a threat. Sort of a message of his propensity for violence. My response? "If some man hit me, I'd wait until he passed out, I'd sew the top sheet and bottom sheet together, I'd get a bat and beat him to death."

I said this while leaning forward and making aggressive eye contact. All taught by my dad.

You stop a threat and they pick a different victim. With physical threats same thing. Don't let people invade your personal space. Get loud, aggressive and physical. Like the recent waitress who grabbed and threw a grown man to the ground after he grabbed her butt.

Transport: They will always transport you to another location, if they are preying on you (unless they attack you in your home). Don't let this happen. Ever. I'd rather be shot or stabbed where I might be found and possibly rescued, then put in someone's trunk, and tortured and repeatedly raped before being killed.

Never ever go. Period.

I just cut and pasted this and sent it to my daughter. Brilliant. Thank you!

Several thoughts/questions: 1. If her mom thought she was coming over for supper, did she try calling her to find out if she'd changed her mind? 2. If someone had arranged to pick her up and take her to work, did he/she try calling Mollie or family looking for her when she didn't come out to car? 3. It concerns me that if she had a ride to work, no one has been mentioned as someone who was concerned because she never came out to get into car in the morning. I feel so sad for the family not knowing where Mollie is.

Maybe you dropped something.

I don't care.

"Hey you dropped something!!!" is far different from a man walking toward me, when I'm alone, "Excuse me, ma'am..."

People can get offended by this as much as they want. I was taught how not be a victim. Women are too polite. We are socialized to be so. Even here, in a thread about a young woman who disappeared, I am being subtly scolded about not being polite. That's the socialization that teaches women we need to be pleasing, compliant, polite, acquiescing.

I'm not a victim and that's because I learned how to protect myself.

Our lives are at stake. I'd rather lose a wallet than my life.

Could I ask a favour please?

Per WS rules, when posting links to MSM sites we're allowed to copy-paste a brief portion of the article. Could we start doing that again for Mollie's case (& others)? Just the most relevant bits/a synopsis would be most helpful.

Because of the new GDPR rules, and because I am not using a VPN, I can't access most of the links being posted, as I'm in the UK, but would like to read everything I can.

I haven't followed many other cases and nothing like this one. I just wondered maybe the reason so many FBI are involved and more joined in later was possibly them linking it to a bigger case or a bigger issue like that. I know it would be hard to hide discovering her.. just throwing out an idea that could explain their seemly optimistic statements and the info contradictions.. if they are trying to confuse whoever has her.. again maybe wishful thinking.

It's possible they are trying to fool whoever may have her. For sure.

Could I ask a favour please?

Per WS rules, when posting links to MSM sites we're allowed to copy-paste a brief portion of the article. Could we start doing that again for Mollie's case (& others)? Just the most relevant bits/a synopsis would be most helpful.

Because of the new GDPR rules, and because I am not using a VPN, I can't access most of the links being posted, as I'm in the UK, but would like to read everything I can.

Which ones do you need posted? Do you know the post number?

I still want to know how Mollie was to get to work that morning. Didn't her ride find it unusual she wasn't wherever she was suppose to be picked up at? Lot's of details wish I/we knew......

If it was someone from work...I wonder about their alibi.

Along those same lines...I wonder if they interviewed/got alibis from all the people who are in town on her facebook friends list.

I know in previous cases Apple has said they won't give information out from their phones, right?

I can barely get this page to load, so making it to the help area is difficult. Can someone tell me why the site is having problems? Anyone else having this issue?
O/T: I was also having a lot of issues with navigating pages and read someone’s else post on the Welcome Forum #3.

1) Go to settings on your computer/phone/tablet and clear out your cache, history and cookies.
2) Then come back to the Websleuths homepage and click on “Accept Cookies” on the little yellow banner at the bottom of the page.
3) Then log back in to W/S.

I’m using an iPhone and this has helped the pages to run relatively fast and smooth ever since.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member