Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I have an accent!?!? To me brawts would be pronounced with an awww (as in Milwaukee - where I was born and raised) not an ahhhh like when you have a tongue depressor in your mouth!

I'm in NC now and on the rare occasion I hear a native pronounce it, sad to say it's usually brats (short a) like the unruly kid!

When I hear someone from Minnesota or Wisconsin pronounce something and my family from central and northern MO, I hear two very distinct accents and some of my relatives were in towns with a strong German influence.

I feel like I got indication early on that she was moving into an apartment off campus (typical of a student entering 3rd year of college as my daughter too will be switching from dorm to off campus apartment this fall) but not necessarily moving in with her bf.

I assumed the boyfriend is staying wherever he currently lives when Mollie goes back to school. Is the school really close by her home town? I assumed she was in school out of town but in the same state and not really local to home.

Why would they call her mom to ask if Mollie was in a house at 9:45 p.m? How would she know? Are they asking of Mollie was at her mom's house at 9:45 p.m?
Possibly following-up on the snap chat photo to the BF (that he opened around 10pm). Maybe Investigators had determined that was the time SC sent but the image environment was not clearly depicted.

Do I have an accent!?!? :eek::p To me brawts would be pronounced with an awww (as in Milwaukee - where I was born and raised) not an ahhhh like when you have a tongue depressor in your mouth!

I'm in NC now and on the rare occasion I hear a native pronounce it, sad to say it's usually brats (short a) like the unruly kid!:D:D:D

O/T
Originally from Wisconsin plus I'm 1/2 German and love Octoberfest in La Crosse. Plus I just made these 3 nights ago. I pronounce them brawt, like aw not ah. And like you, I now live in the south and they might just call them brats.

I think this is a funny convo. Sorry others who find it irritating.

Why would they call her mom to ask if Mollie was in a house at 9:45 p.m? How would she know? Are they asking of Mollie was at her mom's house at 9:45 p.m?
Possibly investigating the snap chat photo to the BF (that he opened around 10pm). Maybe Investigators had determined that was the time SC sent but the environment of image was not clearly depicted.

It is highly possible Mollie left on her own. No signs of struggle. There was a case last month in Michigan that was ruled suicide. The female even texted her s/o as she was leaving the home. Outward displays of happiness do not always match what is felt inside.

I posted on Mollie's case yesterday about midway through thread #4 and now we are 720+ posts into #5. I can't even keep up as this case is moving at warp speed on here.

Don't confuse lots of posts with lots of activity on the case, I don't think anything has actually happened since the middle of thread #4.

Don't confuse lots of posts with lots of activity on the case, I don't think anything has actually happened since the middle of thread #4.
would the cell still ping if it was in the house charging right. They would be able to figure the location to even without the phone

Possibly investigating the snap chat photo to the BF (that he opened around 10pm). Maybe Investigators had determined that was the time SC sent but the environment of image was not clearly depicted.
The image from the Snapchat seems to be from "in a house." Doesn't seem that boyfriend recognized the space as the house they shared. It doesn't seem to be from her mom's house. So, was she in someone else's house that evening? There is no way anyone in her circle or town doesn't know she is missing....so you'd think that someone would say, "She was at my place." Or, "We were at a coffee shop together." Or something! It's strange, imo, that nobody recognizes the space or is saying anything.

Of course, the Snapchat image could be a red herring.

The other thing on my mind, like everyone else, is the morning ride to work. What if she arranged a morning ride, and the driver showed up early - she wasn't quite ready yet so the driver came into the house to wait. And things went bad. Just thinking aloud.

JMOpinion

Just come to this case from here in UK, so bear with me if this has already been mentioned.

<modsnipped- brother has been cleared>

The boyfriend says she sent a Snapchat pic. Is there proof of that? I understood that Snapchat photos disappear within minutes of being received?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here
I assumed the boyfriend is staying wherever he currently lives when Mollie goes back to school. Is the school really close by her home town? I assumed she was in school out of town but in the same state and not really local to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kristy91