Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It did not strike him that it was at his house. So it has to be someplace that is like his house.

For instance, it probably was not a log home or a home with lots of big windows or a home with lots of art work or a home with plaster walls or wood paneling, etc. There are a lot of differences in homes. Not every home looks like another inside.

However think about the last Snap you got - when it's just a pic with a message you tend to disregard the pic and read the message. If the message is - "hope you had a good day I love you" you just register that it was a positive or nice or happy message. If you are exhausted from working construction all day that may barely register. He said he can't remember what the snap said and isn't positive where she took the picture. Completely understandable and heartbreaking as I'm sure he can't stop trying to remember.

Just gotta say I'm really confused that LE announced Mollie was doing homework on her computer late at night that night. So she just missed dinner with her mom entirely and her mom didn't worry about that one bit, that was a normal thing for Mollie to do?? I find that so odd. Discussed it with my own mom and she was like, "If you said you were coming for dinner and didn't show up, I'd be calling you til you answered!!" Why didn't Mollie call her mom or vice versa?! I can't make sense of that.

Also sorry but who cares how brats is pronounced lol

I am not sure that Mollie actually said she was coming for dinner. She asked what Mom was serving that night...and then it was left kind of up in the air.

I agree, many Mom's might have followed up. I would have because I am paranoid, and I try and keep in close contact with my daughter---especially when her boyfriend is out of town for work.

But in this case, it doesn't seem like Mollie made concrete plans for dinner.

It did not strike him that it was at his house. So it has to be someplace that is like his house.

For instance, it probably was not a log home or a home with lots of big windows or a home with lots of art work or a home with plaster walls or wood paneling, etc. There are a lot of differences in homes. Not every home looks like another inside.

It probably was a selfie that didn’t have much background in it. If it was dim lighting or she was being “artsy” with it, there might be nothing obvious in the background at all. It might just be of her face.

Actually, it didn't strike him that it WASN'T his house, which would certainly be more likely to register in his tired mind. This would make it more likely that it was his house, not that it wasn't. IMO, or course.

That and the Tara Grinstead case came to mind, but I do think there are similarities with Jennifer Kesse's case. In Jennifer's case we really don't have a known crime scene and there are conflicting theories as to whether she was abducted in the morning or the night before. LE has mentioned a crime scene in Mollie's case and I don't believe there is a really good timeline.

Where was a crime scene mentioned? Gonna need a link for that, because it sounds like they have no evidence of a crime.

Some answers to Veracity’s questions.

1. Semi drivers are probably not going to be driving around streets with their semis. Nowadays, the trucks are outfitted with devices that track their every movement. Time is momey and their employers do not want them goofing around nor driving too long.

2. I posted the pic of the house from zillow. I forget the address but there is not a good place for anyone to stalk her. If you can scroll and get the address, you can look the house up on zillow. There is wven a house very very close to her next door. It looks like they have children.

3. A law has been passed so that LE has to get a warrant in order to get any info re cell phones. How long does that take? I do not know. Frustrating as far as I am concerned.

It probably was a selfie that didn’t have much background in it. If it was dim lighting or she was being “artsy” with it, there might be nothing obvious in the background at all. It might just be of her face.
Agree. The selfie location (or lack thereof) doesn't bother me in the least. Source: personal experience, I have young adult children and see their snaps from time to time. Not at all unusual for background not to show. My son likely wouldn't notice, even if it did.

Last edited:
Some answers to Veracity’s questions.

1. Semi drivers are probably not going to be driving around streets with their semis. Nowadays, the trucks are outfitted with devices that track their every movement. Time is money and their employers do not want them goofing around nor driving too long.

2. I posted the pic of the house from zillow. I forget the address but there is not a good place for anyone to stalk her. If you can scroll and get the address, you can look the house up on zillow. There is even a house very very close to her next door. It looks like they have children.

3. A law has been passed so that LE has to get a warrant in order to get any info re cell phones. How long does that take? I do not know. Frustrating as far as I am concerned.

I used Snapchat a ton, which is why I ended up deleting it two years ago for good; too distracting.

I may be wrong but I recall there being a feature you can see the pic/message AGAIN even if you already viewed it once? Might have just been temporary.

Any active, experienced Snapchat users that can confirm this?

Also, is it possible to still retrieve the pic/msg via the Snapchat company? Felt like I read a story or two about this happening. I may be very wrong though.

Agree. The selfie location (or lack thereof) doesn't bother me in the least. Source: personal experience, I have young adult children and see their snaps from time to time.

The reason I am wondering about this is that LE asked if Mollie was at mom’s house at 9:45. To me , it implies that the snap may have not been taken at the dog sit

I don’t know if someone has already mentioned this because I pop in and out of this thread and miss many pages to read but all I can think of is if they said she was doing homework late in the evening, and perhaps she really did make it home safe, what if a predator had Been watching her on her run, slowly following her and keeping a distance and if she had headphones in she may not have realized or not payed attention and he followed her home, sat outside of her house for an hour or so and knocked on the door, he could have impersonated anything (off duty police officer in the area, energy company, water company, so on) randomly drew a gun and forced her to walk to his vehicle with him. Besides it being someone she knew that’s the only thing I could think of without a break in or struggle. From google maps that drive way looks pretty long so it would be difficult to drag someone kicking and screaming to your vehicle. Just a thought.

But if the perp walked, what became of her? I think there has to have been a car on the scene.
One scenario with no car involved is that someone walked up to the bf's house where she was staying alone on foot, possibly from behind the house that is set up on a hill by itself so they wouldn't be seen, got in, subdued her, committed the crime(s), and carried her out behind the house far enough away to not be easily found. They could have also had an ATV parked behind the house and used that to take her away. This scenario would be possible at night or the next morning before she left for work, and would generally fit in with my overall gut feeling that someone local knew she was alone and laid in wait for the right moment to attack her. This and all the scenarios that include her being attacked and maybe killed are very horrible and sad. We all want her back home safe or out there somewhere alive. The only positive about this scenario is if she was killed, and they catch the person, prosecutors can go for the death penalty if it's proven they were laying in wait to attack her and it was premeditated.

They know where the HW was done because there will be an IP address.
MOO.

And I feel that if they do have the IP info they would say she was at boyfriends house at whatever time. The fact that they aren’t saying that leads me to question if she was. Because they have made it clear they hav info they aren’t releasing..it’s really hard NOT to read into that info at this point. In my opinion. Almost like what they aren’t saying means quite a bit.

This article says the selfie was likely from inside his residence, but there are no quotes, so it's unclear whether Dalton said that or the author presumed...UGH.

State and federal investigators join in search for Mollie Tibbetts

Jack, who said he was in Dubuque for work when Tibbetts went missing, told local news outlets the message he received was a selfie, and the image looked as if it was taken indoors, likely from inside his residence.

Seems creepy, alright. But I suppose there could be less creepy reasons for the sneaky picture-taking. Maybe. What if it was a citizen who thought one of the runners looked like Mollie, and took a picture to report the sighting? Or, maybe he’s a private investigator hired to check on, I don’t know, a daughter of a parent for a custody case, or something like that.

<snipped to focus on below>

If worse case scenario plays out, does LE need to find the body to make an arrest?

LE does not need a body for an arrest or a conviction, but they do need proof of the crime.

Right now, the primary crime scene, (where the abduction took place, if there was an abduction), seems to be clean--no blood, no signs of a struggle.

If they found a suspect, a search of that person's property, (secondary crime scene), might provide sufficient evidence of a crime, even if a body was not found.

It seems as if she went missing in the morning while getting ready for work. They can't find the red shirt she was suppose to wear to work that day.
---
Mollie is employed by a local daycare and was expected to participate in a field day to a local fair on Thursday. All had agreed to wear a red shirt on this outing. Upon a search of the home, her last known location, the red shirt was missing.

Mollie Tibbetts – Missing in Brooklyn Iowa – 7/18/18
I agree with Thursday morning while getting ready for work. If someone she knew was beating on the door and yelling "Hurry, your (Mom, brother, boyfriend) has been in an accident, I'll drive you." , she could have easily grab her phone and left with nothing else. Hoping she is found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member