Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the locations I have on my map so far - if there are any others that can be substantiated with a link please reply with the link. TIA. Link to case map

Work location of housemates (Ames, IA)
Dogsitting location (W Des Moines St, Brooklyn, IA)
Company offering reward (W Des Moines St, Brooklyn, IA)
Work location of boyfriend (Dubuque, IA)
Mollie's college (Iowa City, IA)
Mollie's summer job (Grinnell, IA)
Hog farm searched (Guernsey, IA)

Additional possible locations

Parents address, (Bear St ?)
7.30 p.m. Last sighting (corner of W des Moines/Jackson?)
Grinnell Hospital Day Care
Grinnell County Show/Fair

Anyone with links for these locations, please provide them.

As the name i go by, i like to consider possibilities without initially stiffling or having blinders from the get go.

That said, i pose this for consideration: could a roadtrip of 4 hours to big summer concerts have enticed Mollie and another (perhaps college connected) to run up to either Eau Claire or Twin Lakes WI?

Perhaps quite uncharacteristic but others have done as much or even more on a whim?

I ask because I'm not afraid to speak up or hear "no".
I would be more dissapppointed in myself if i didn't ask.

Thanks for understanding

What occurs at that electric co-op next door to where Mollie disappears? It has 3 huge parking areas and it's a large building. What hours are they open? Do a bunch of electrical subcontractors hang out there waiting for assignments? There are photos of this building with 35 trucks and cars. Are those permanent employees?
View attachment 140262

I've been wondering the same thing. Here's a link to their website: T.I.P. Rural Electric Cooperative

Looks like they have regular employees.

Last edited:
What occurs at that electric co-op next door to where Mollie disappears? It has 3 huge parking areas and it's a large building. What hours are they open? Do a bunch of electrical subcontractors hang out there waiting for assignments? There are photos of this building with 35 trucks and cars. Are those permanent employees?
View attachment 140262

Another question - is this the business that has put up the reward?

Total speculation, but something I thought of...

What if she was flirting with someone (and/or someone was flirting with her), kinda innocently, but he didn't take it as such. When the person tried to act on what he thought were mutual feelings, she said "no way, I thought we were just having fun flirting (or whatever the kids say today)", he was pissed. Maybe it happened that night that he was upset. He comes to just say hi, in the neighborhood, etc. "come chat with me outside for a few minutes" totally innocent and fun. He thought it might lead to something, given her boyfriend was out of town- it was his chance. She said no, bewildered by his advances. Maybe they were even chatting inside his car, just outside of the house. He pulled off, very angry at her for "disrespecting him and leading him on". Whether she was or wasn't.

I had someone interpret my friendliness and fondness for them as major flirting- like he thought that was 1st base...it was interesting from a human behavior point of view and perspective of a situation. I did not think I was flirting with him at all. Never did a hair flip or an arm touch, hug, etc. It really caught me off guard. Luckily, it was all cool in the end. Makes me think about my interactions with co-workers in a different light.

It could be me projecting. lol, probably is. Just another angle I thought of. I apologize if new info has come up that would prove my theory false. I'm way behind on the thread (darn kids, foster kittens and the new season of oitnb) and can't seem to catch up.

Makes a lot of sense - and this fuels my already very heightened speculation that she is very much alive.

There are some cases that do not end well. This will not be one of them.

But would you also wear your phone on your arm in bed? I can't see her taking it with her (if she was taken from the house) unless she already/still had it strapped on her arm. MOO

I’m old enough to be a Mema. I only take off my Fitbit Charge 2 when I shower - gotta get those 10,000 steps per day. In addition I carry my IPhone everywhere. Even sleep with it close by.

Articles have been posted several times.

Mollie Tibbetts searchers get Fitbit information

Her phone and the Fitbit were not in the home, but her wallet, identification, laptop, glasses and contact lenses were. The dogs were in the basement, where they were kept when nobody was home.
I haven't been about to keep up with this thread so sorry if this has been discussed...but wouldn't she have taken the dogs jogging? Based on the fact they were in the house makes me think she did leave for work the next morning in her red shirt.

Beg to differ. So, what you're saying is, "the cops have all the answers, why are we discussing this". Well, I disagree. Think about all of us on this forum, the combined power of our minds and intellects. Never underestimate the power of the human mind, especially when it is combined with others who seek the truth. Who is to say we don't bring new insights to problem? Remember, there are only so many detectives assigned to each case, and they have other cases to solve too.
I definitely don't think the cops have all the answers - if they did, Mollie's disappearance would have been solved a long time ago. I think I'm just weary after reading every post on every thread and seeing the exact. same. questions. rehashed and rehashed and rehashed repeatedly. I apologize.

I agree that LE has a tendency to give out as little info as possible in missing persons cases, which to me seems less than helpful. Almost as though LE worries more about “the case” than the person at times, or is pressured to do so by prosecutors. I struggle to understand how giving basic info,such as when she was doing a particular thing could hurt. Could even help if some member of the public not inclined to follow case as closely as we do happens to have some bit of info that contradicts what LE knows, i.e saw her later but assumes it couldn’t be her due to various press articles etc...maybe they just dismiss it to themselves. Imo, the focus should be on whatever it takes to find the person...worry about evidence later. But jmo.
I couldn't agree more! I think at this stage they need to be letting the public know almost everything they do. look at abby and libby for example.. its a disgrace, the poor families need closure. LE has plenty more info on that case and haven't released it to the public. I just don't agree with how LE work at all and I think the amount of cold cases proves that their method isn't working. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove