Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are all saying the same thing. If LE had all evidence they needed/wanted for desired charges, an arrest would be made. There is a lot of grey area in between having all needed evidence for a conviction and having no idea what happened and by whom. IMO, LE has a good idea but is still gathering evidence and potentially intentionally misleading or not clarifying information in hopes that will lead to more evidence (perp gets comfortable and slips up, for example). JMO.
I don't expect to see an arrest until LE finds Mollie (or finds a video showing a crime).

I can envision someone being questioned and pressured for info that will lead to finding Mollie, but I can't see an actual arrest - what would the charge be? We don't know if there was an abduction, assault, imprisonment, murder. You can't arrest someone without a specific charge.

Just my opinion.

I am sorry if this has already been discussed but I read some articles that said her boyfriends brother also lived there. Do we know where he was that evening/night/morning?
Yes, in several of the articles linked on page 1 of this thread.

Has is ever been stated who brings MT home from work?

Issue of Mollie's work transportation seems intentionally unconfirmed.

In his very first interview, brother Jake stated he was last person (in the family) to see Mollie before she disappeared when he "dropped her off at boyfriends house around 5:30p." We can only speculate that Jake gave her a ride home from work, as there's been no confirmed statement from Jake or authorities that they were traveling from the Day Camp where Mollie worked.

What time did Mollie start work ? I know here most day cares are open at 6am. I don't understand how she planned on going to work, if the vehicle she shared was with her brother ? And he didn't call her until 730 am ? Guessing that she may have accepted a ride from a neighbor. have not read every detail yet, forgive me if this has been covered already.

They give what they got. It they don't have anything, they can't give it.

That's definitely not so. We have no knowledge whatsoever of how the investigation is proceeding or what they know and they're not going to disclose any of it to the public. Their aim is to get a good outcome if they can and they're never going to jeopardise that in order to satisfy public curiosity.

That makes sense to me: that she was abducted during her run. It's so often that we hear of women being grabbed off the street while jogging or cycling. I was trying to figure out her route, assuming that she was grabbed somewhere where there are few houses. The ideal spot may be right near the house-sitting address.

The next question I have is how far was she taken? Can we expect to find a body 20 miles from the abduction site, or nearby? Was this a first timer, or someone with experience abducting women off rural streets.

I do find it interesting that July 13, 2012 is an unsolved abduction date in Evansdale, and July 18, 2018 is another abduction 60 miles south.

Here are my speculations
1. I believe she could have been hit while running . In a town like this there are not designated jogging paths. She was running on a roadway most likely. She had to cross streets at some point! Either way, someone could have hit her. Brooklyn IA is not like some places where there are steady streams of runners making their way along paths. Do we even know if there is a greenway of any kind in that town? Where local joggers usually run? Were there any others in that tiny town? Or was Mollie a floating anomaly?

2- she literally ran into/crossed paths with someone who abducted her. Someone could have been laying in wait for her. Or knew her movements well enough - remember media said she ran one of three routes- and she was overpowered in some way. (could be 1 and 2 are both in play?)

The TIME of day and day itself is what gets me - it was a CHURCH NIGHT! And the time line begins just after folks are getting off of work. So even in a sleepy little town like Brooklyn there should be folks out and about.

What time did Mollie start work ? I know here most day cares are open at 6am. I don't understand how she planned on going to work, if the vehicle she shared was with her brother ? And he didn't call her until 730 am ? Guessing that she may have accepted a ride from a neighbor. have not read every detail yet, forgive me if this has been covered already.
My daughter works at a day camp (in MA) and she goes in either at 9am or 11:45, depending on the day, staffing etc. Second daughter attends a camp and start time is 9am. I know they have before-camp Care, for working parents, but not all counselors need to be there early.

Her brother is the only known person I've seen referenced. Still no information on who was going to take her to work on the day following her last known sighting.

Hi, btw! Hope you are well. :)

I wish we knew who NORMALLY took her to work. And who was planning to take her to work the morning she disappeared. Since that information hasn't been revealed, I figure it is pertinent. She obviously had other arrangements to get to work at least some of the time since her brother called her to see if she needed a ride/the car. If he always took her, or she always drove herself, he wouldn't have needed to check with her. He would have known.

A key piece of the jigsaw for me is the phone pings.

LE must by now have a full set of pings for the Wed/Thursday, so, why do they not appear able to identify where she was.

I'm going to assume that Mollie had her phone on her run as most runners take their phones with them (I know this from my own experience and from an online runing community I belong to)> from that, assuming the battery didn't go flat on the run, they know where and when she went which can be matched up with any CCTV along the route.

Thus they know if she made it home, again an assumption but I'm going to believe the family when they say that she did and she was on her computer at home. We know the phone is missing so either Mollie took it whereever she went and pings will tell us where or it was disposed of somehow by Mollie or persons unknown but still LE would know when it last pinged a tower.

I just can't understand why this information isn't being made public and I also don't understand why there doesn't seem to be much LE/FBI activity in actively searching the place of the last ping. We know the hog farm searches were from tips not phone activity.

Locals - have you seen or heard of searches?

I'm totally baffled by the apparent lack of use of technological clues. This is super frustrating when it seems like much more could be being done to find Mollie

I'm not sure why anyone would assume the FBI, who started targeted searches after it emwas disclosed they obtained Mollie's Fitbit and social media info, etc., is NOT using tech clues they've obtained, to try to solve this case.

I'm so confused by this. We've seen over and over again LE keeping silent while behind the scenes they have been working insanely hard and smart.

There's been a huge amount of LE activity in this case in a short amount of time. I'm surprised people are already criticizing LE and acting like they're not doing their jobs just because they're not releasing sensitive information to the general public in an effort to not compromise their case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnid