Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I wouldn’t want my daughters posting themselves in bras and panties and then to have them public...perhaps it’s a generational thing...

I find the use of social media for posting these sort of images bizarre in the extreme. I've read time and time again that potential employers check out job applicants on SM to get a true idea of what a person is really like, not how they present themselves at job interviews.

I don't use it at all, but I'm an oldie so what would I know.

What we need is for people to tell their friends and neighbors that if they saw anything that seemed even remotely out of the ordinary to call the authorities, and they will run that down,” Rob Tibbetts told “Good Morning America.” “The authorities have told us again and again and again that all the similar cases like this are always solved by some tip.”

From the link I last posted. Are they just relying on tips from the public?

No. They are also conducting interviews (over 100 on Friday, it was reported), combing through her Fitbit, cell phone records, social media records, etc. They have also continued physical searches.

Mollie Tibbetts case investigators keeping details close to the vest, key questions remain unanswered

Investigators probing the disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts were keeping details of the mystifying case close to the vest Monday, refusing to elaborate on the condition of the house where she'd been staying, even amid new information suggesting the home was her last known location.

Rick Rahn, a special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, would not go into specifics as to whether or not officials found any signs of forced entry at the Brooklyn, Iowa, home she'd been staying at on the date she vanished, or if investigators found indications of an unknown person or persons on the property.

I see why we'd think that.... unless: Mollie knows her BF is tired after a long day of physical labor and early to bed is his norm. She may have wanted to catch him before HE went to bed, perhaps figuring she'd be home from her run/dinner later than his bedtime.

The question may be as simple as the two didn't have a well established routine and this trip by BF threw a wrench in their normal communications. Each one may have been waiting for the other to send something?

In our house, since the carjacking I text hubby just as I am ready to leave, when I get to where I am going and when I am in car getting ready to go home or wherever next and after I am home, locked in and alarm on. He does the same for me.

Since I travel often alone, I also text before I get out of my car when stopping for gas - give the exit and gas station name. Then text again when I am ready to pull out. BTW- I wear my glove while pumping gas too.

IF anything should happen- the cloud/phone company as well as hubby will know my last position. He can simply hand the phone to LE and they can get busy!

It may seem nutty to some but it works. We had his mom do the same thing when she decided to travel to GA alone. It brings each of us peace and it isn't necessary to reply. It is more like a personal ping point.

It was Wednesay night - was there any sort of happenings in that town or nearby other than the County Fair someone mentioned back on THREAD 1.

Did Mollie have any hangouts? Age of drinking in IA is 21 - Mollie was underage. Did she stop somewhere for water or a drink? Seems unlikely LE wouldn't know of such a place and already viewed tapes. That is if there are tapes/surveillance footage.

One possibility is that her BF or others in the house usually gave her a lift to work.

Still, that leaves the question about the day she went missing. Her housemates weren't around and we haven't heard any information about the morning commute.

If she planned to make arrangement that evening, then she probably went missing that evening before plans were solidified. If she already had plans for a morning ride....well...who was the driver?

jmo

Only my second post, but I agree with this. One doesn't normally go to bed without a solid plan of how they will get to work the next day, and since she didn't answer her brother and no one has come forward to say they were supposed to driver her, it seems likely whatever happened did so after the run and before bed. This, along with the fact that she didn't show for dinner at moms, leads me to think something happened on the walk over there, IMO.

FWIW I read on another site that the electric coop next door to where she was staying has security cameras. Which makes sense with all the equipment, tools, materials that would be stored there.

I can't provide a link. Just adding food for thought.

Good LE is transparent as possible, as I believe they have been here, to keep the public invested and involved.

I don't believe they know a great deal that they are not revealing.

I feel she had recently met a new guy. The reason for this is her quote “it’s a great day to be alive”. When I’m infatuated, or recently dating someone I’m infatuated or into, I say I love being alive, I feel alive. The recent pic showing cleavage etc.
that being said, I don’t think it had to do with her disappearance necessarily. But people who have met someone new can take risks (talking to a new guy is a risk technically..when in a current relationship) or veer from their typical routine and possibly in doing so, put her at risk that she normally wouldn’t have been in (her regular lifestyle appears low risk).
I have gathered from her various SM accounts even over a year ago that she was hopeful her current bf would propose. Another reference made: she has to get through school so she can be his sugar mama someday. Maybe that evening she wished her current bf had cared about her shapchat, was feeling lonely, reached out to another guy she had been talking to and who knows the rest. I suspect she walked towards her moms after ten pm to get the car. What if she had been talking to a guy online the last few weeks who isn’t who he claims to be and something bad happened as a result. Just my thoughts

If LE thinks the public is key and could help...they need to speak out specifically as to what people should look for or be thinking back about. Not assuming everyone knows that perps may have changed appearance, missed work, cleaned a vehicle etc, i.e things we know from WS that LE often asks. Most people don’t know these “signals” and don’t even pay attention to the details of cases like we do here, they just send prayers. The public often CAN help but not if they don’t know how.[/QUOT

Wish I could double or triple LIKE this one!!! HOW RIGHT YOU ARE!!!!

That guy taking pictures of the joggers caught on camera is kinda weird to be not super far away from Brooklyn. That’s a pretty darn good picture of the car though.

Mollie Tibbetts case investigators keeping details close to the vest, key questions remain unanswered

Investigators probing the disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts were keeping details of the mystifying case close to the vest Monday, refusing to elaborate on the condition of the house where she'd been staying, even amid new information suggesting the home was her last known location.

Rick Rahn, a special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, would not go into specifics as to whether or not officials found any signs of forced entry at the Brooklyn, Iowa, home she'd been staying at on the date she vanished, or if investigators found indications of an unknown person or persons on the property.

More info:

"....Rahn, noting details about the home were part of the ongoing investigation, did say authorities were not aware of any link between Tibbetts’ disappearance and the ongoing search for a man in Pella -- a city about an hour’s drive away – who was captured on surveillance video Friday morning taking pictures of high school-age female joggers."

Why is LE keeping the info about forced entry or no forced entry to themselves along with the condition of the house?

Here are my speculations
1. I believe she could have been hit while running . In a town like this there are not designated jogging paths. She was running on a roadway most likely. She had to cross streets at some point! Either way, someone could have hit her. Brooklyn IA is not like some places where there are steady streams of runners making their way along paths. Do we even know if there is a greenway of any kind in that town? Where local joggers usually run? Were there any others in that tiny town? Or was Mollie a floating anomaly?

2- she literally ran into/crossed paths with someone who abducted her. Someone could have been laying in wait for her. Or knew her movements well enough - remember media said she ran one of three routes- and she was overpowered in some way. (could be 1 and 2 are both in play?)

The TIME of day and day itself is what gets me - it was a CHURCH NIGHT! And the time line begins just after folks are getting off of work. So even in a sleepy little town like Brooklyn there should be folks out and about.

I think #1 is highly unlikely. That would leave evidence at the scene, and probably witnesses. So I would say #2 alone. And in that case I'm not sure someone was necessarily laying in wait. It could have just been a crime of opportunity.

There is so much that LE hasn't confirmed that I'd guess they already have a good idea of either a suspect or what happened. Otherwise, the confirmed info out there just isn't that great if they are actually hoping to get tips. There have been questions about what time, what she was wearing, the location, red shirt or no red shirt, during jog or after jog, etc. I think they know more than they are letting on and are waiting on something more concrete to pin something on someone and can't give out more specific stuff without showing some of their cards. Unfortunately that sometimes makes LE look like they either aren't doing a good job which I think is probably happening this time.

I hope this is the case. Unfortunately this forum is filled with cases that went cold almost immediately and remain unsolved for years so I think that makes everyone a little pessimistic in situations like this. We all want to see this solved and have Mollie return home.

I think the fact that they've been able to reconstruct her day through the fitbit and cell records is huge.

Thought:
IF Mollie was abducted and
IF the person who took her was tech savvy,
Could that person have removed her Fitbit and put it on himself to give the impression that Mollie is still alive?
I recently saw a program where a husband was arrested based on the fact that his wife’s Fitbit showed that she was dead before the husband said he had last seen her. If the perp knew this he could give himself an alibi by trying to prove Mollie was alive when he was last in proximity to her.

I feel she had recently met a new guy. The reason for this is her quote “it’s a great day to be alive”. When I’m infatuated, or recently dating someone I’m infatuated or into, I say I love being alive, I feel alive. The recent pic showing cleavage etc.
that being said, I don’t think it had to do with her disappearance necessarily. But people who have met someone new can take risks (talking to a new guy is a risk technically..when in a current relationship) or veer from their typical routine and possibly in doing so, put her at risk that she normally wouldn’t have been in (her regular lifestyle appears low risk).
I have gathered from her various SM accounts even over a year ago that she was hopeful her current bf would propose. Another reference made: she has to get through school so she can be his sugar mama someday. Maybe that evening she wished her current bf had cared about her shapchat, was feeling lonely, reached out to another guy she had been talking to and who knows the rest. I suspect she walked towards her moms after ten pm to get the car. What if she had been talking to a guy online the last few weeks who isn’t who he claims to be and something bad happened as a result. Just my thoughts

This is a LOT of reading between the lines.

Or just a random person saw her while she was walking, and snatched her. Maybe LE has seen evidence of her talking to other people online and hoping she may have run off with them. I don’t believe she purposely ran off, she does not seem like the type to me. But the family may have been given indications that she was talking to someone else, so they may be open to the possibility she is with him, and that might be why we don’t get the classic plea to an abductor for her safe return from family and friends that you would normally expect. I saw it stated that the only one who has truly given the classic plea that LE expects in these cases, was one of the pig farmers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MLCS