Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned on a different forum today that I do believe it has to do with human trafficking. There was a photo posted online about a guy in a white car in that area taking photos of women jogging. My thoughts were that guy would take the photos, pass them on, another person would prey on the person silently until the perfect time arouse to kidnap. My thoughts are her abductor waited til the lights were out and made their move. Who knows if she had an open window or door... there is no sign of "forced" entry but it doesn't necessarily mean there was "no" entry at all.
I think creeps take photos for their own creepy pleasure and perhaps to post/sell online to other creeps who get off on taking pictures of women who don't consent or even know their photos are being taken.

I think the whole process turns on the creeps. And it is a whole process of hunting, waiting, violating through photos, viewing, collecting....yuckiness all drawn out.

That's way too much work for traffickers who are in it for the money. It's way easier to find runaways, vulnerable girls who they lure, etc. than to stake out random towns for joggers and plot a kidnapping for trafficking.

JMOpinion (and having dealt with yucky photographer in my neighborhood in the past)

Just a hunch from what i read and watched. The perp may had not known the girl. But knew the comings and goings of those in the house. Maybe not directly knowing them, just knew whom stayed there etc. Knew she was alone and not concerned about the dog at all. She was probably upstairs and not downstairs. Someone local followed her back to the house to see where she was staying and went back sometime after 10. And went inside and found her upstairs. From past cases i have read and study this person had one hell of a adrenaline rush going on. Perhaps prescription speed or maybe meth, but some kind of speed to increase the rush. This seems more of a thrill seeking situation than the actual taking or whatever. Probably drove back to the house later and not walked, could have parked anywhere. And probably entered through the garage area, i think i seen a door their in one of the photos and not the main front door which could have been locked or vice versus. From the noise he heard her upstairs and the dog was not a vicious guard dog like. Probably wave his tail while he creeped upstairs to the room she was in. Some of the similiar cases i have looked at over the years after solved, more often then not it seemed on those cases the perp drove a two door truck with no camper on the back. And was a white male between 25 45 and most had long, middle white or grey hair. ALL MOO AND SPECULATION BASED ON NOTHING MORE THAN WHAT I READ AND WATCHED ABOUT THIS CASE.

<modsnipped quoted post>
Not familiar with the "fundraiser" you're referencing. There's a FAKE/PHONY Dance Marathon "fund raiser" linked to a go fund me that has picture of Mollie & family but it's bogus UK account dated Nov 7, 2017!

Last edited by a moderator:
Then this, which I think was posted in an earlier thread.

Pella Police Searching for Suspicious Man in Parked Car Seen Taking Pictures of Young Joggers

Is there a jogger serial-kidnapper in Iowa? Or is the media trying to make it look like there is? It's definitely creating public anxiety. I got a text from my mom at 11 p.m. last night telling me to be careful because people are disappearing around the state. IDK. But I'll admit my mom's text is one reason I've stopped going out for my early morning walks/jogs on the trails. I'll be working out at the fitness center in broad daylight or in the afternoons when my boyfriend is with me.

I don't think the media is trying to make it look like anything. They are just reporting regular news, that happens everywhere, not just in Iowa.

Talking about what she's wearing in her pictures sounds like victim-blaming to me. It doesn't matter what she's wearing, people post the same and more every day and don't turn up missing.

<modsnipped>

The boyfriend and all brothers have been cleared. Thats pretty much all we are allowed to post about. Anything else could fall into the "sleuthing other family members" category

<modsnipped quoted post>

No. I would wager to guess the rampant speculation on social media about the boyfriend and the brothers led to the public announcement that they were cleared.

NOT THE SAME THING to many and especially not the same message being conveyed. THINK about it. A bathing suit is what you wear to swim or sun. Your UNDERGARMENTS are supposed to be under your normal clothes, vieweable only to select few - they are advertises as INTIMATE wear for a reason. And sickos may think they have been advanced to be included in a particular way by a person who takes such a selfie.

It is not a question of how much skin you are exposing it is the message contained in the type of clothes.
I think what she posted or wearing in a photo has very little to do with case. I respect your views and others views. A woman should be allowed to wear whatever they want and not be shamed or accused because what she posted was the cause for the negative. A sick *advertiser censored**hole is just that... nothing to do with a bikini or bra.

‘It doesn’t matter what we’re going through’: Missing student’s father wants help, not sympathy

"Several media outlets have reported that Jack and Tibbetts’s family members aren’t considered suspects. Rahn said he cannot comment on who is and isn’t a suspect."

Forgive me if this has already been shared, I can't keep up!! And I'm not in any way trying to cast suspicion on any person.
I simply found this interesting, that after all the many many news reports stating that certain people were cleared as suspects, here Rahn the DCI agent in charge seems to be undoing that.

Jack's alibi was confirmed and he is not a suspect, and neither is his brother. Tibbetts' two brothers have also been cleared and are not suspects.

Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

I deleted part of my original post for brevity. The Washington Post article I share was published today.

Not familiar with the "fundraiser" you're referencing. There's a FAKE/PHONY Dance Marathon "fund raiser" linked to a go fund me that has picture of Mollie & family but it's bogus UK account dated Nov 7, 2017!

The fundraiser is on her Finding Mollie Tibbetts FB page...It was gone for a few days last week (which I was hoping meant we'd get some good news!)...but I just looked at the Finding Mollie Tibbetts FB page again for the first time since last Thursday and saw that now the fundraiser is back on her page...

Agree! I'm thinking it is pertinent information not being released on purpose.

I read here that Mollie and her brother shared a vehicle, and that he dropped her off to house sit. Wouldn't it make sense that Mollie and her brother made arrangements to connect on July 19 to arrange for her to get to work using their shared vehicle? Even if another person was scheduled to pick her up, does that make any difference to her disappearance? Wouldn't it make sense that her brother and any other person who was scheduled to pick her up would have been cleared by now?

I think the co-op offering a reward is telling, I think either they or LE think its likely one of their employees did something Thursday morning and they are hoping the money gets another employee talking about a change in behavior in a coworker in the time since.

the co-op is also almost literally next door to the bf's house.
Police investigating reported attack on jogger in Dubuque

SBM

He said the post indicates that a man began running alongside the woman, asked her questions and offered her flowers. The man then tried “taking her away,” according to the post, at which point the woman punched and kicked the assailant and freed herself.

Police investigating reported attack on jogger in Dubuque

oh lord that's frightening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members