Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could actually of been narrowed down to 5miles after pinging a couple of different masts and creating a triangle to within 5 miles.
I found this online..

Maximum Distance. A typical cellphone has enough power to reach a cell tower up to 45 milesaway. Depending on the technology of the cellphone network, the maximum distance may be as low as 22 milesbecause the signal otherwise takes too long for the highly accurate timing of the cellphone protocol to work reliably.

If they say her last ping was near her bfs home then I think they’ve narrowed it down already.

<mod: fixed broken quote>
Thanks.. I was having issues with that.

With the new privacy laws, can LE get phone records for everyone? It seems so broad. I am not against it but I can imagine people would argue against it

I know that during a body search they can look at your phone.

She made it back to the apartment of her BF after her jog on Wednesday night. She sent him a SC at 10pm. Her computer puts her up and doing some kind of work on it late in the evening. The red shirt she was to wear on Thursday is missing. Her contacts and glasses are at the BF's apartment. Her Fitbit and phone are missing and believed to be with her. She didn't answer her phone at 7:30am Thursday.

Here is what I think. She was up and dressed on Thursday morning, maybe took the dogs for a walk and left the door unlocked behind her or she answered an early morning knock at the door, or someone slipped in through sliding glass doors and it was before she put her contacts in her eyes. I believe we are looking at a neighbor in one of the apartments who has been watching her and noticed that she was alone.

Look at the apartments that have windows/doors that face hers.

Just my opinion.

Her boyfriend does not live in an apartment (the article is incorrect). He lives in a house with his brother and his brother's fiancee'. Molly's brother claims that he was told by law enforcement that she was doing homework that night, but law enforcement will not reveal what time.

Dalton opened the snapchat at 10PM, but it is unknown (or has not been revealed) what time it was sent.

Her brother didn't call her Thursday morning, he sent a text, which went unanswered.

If she was abducted while taking the dogs out, I don't think they would have been found in the basement.

I don’t see indications of or references to mental health issues. She was interested in helping people to the degree she was majoring in psychology. Her SM profile strikes me as outgoing, heart on your sleeve, open book mixed in with typical 20 something fitness & beauty priorities. IDK- just my impressions based on family & friend interviews & SM.
In reading some of her old SM, she does have definite confidence
and self-esteem problems. She had a body-hating period where
she worried about being overweight, being too skinny, fat thighs, etc.
<modsnipped against TOS>

Regarding studying psychology: Even Psych. teachers will
admit the reason why most people get into this field is to
better understand their own life and their own problems.
It's not initially to help others, it's more a personal need to
figure out their own life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every single report that I have read said that she was staying at the home during summer break from college. She was getting ready to take and overseas trip. I call that summer vacation.
I think it was just plain ol' "summer" rather than a vacation. Sounds like she returned to her hometown over summer and worked (summer jobs aren't vacation). College students can take courses over the summer - my college-age child is doing just that this summer. Courses can be completed online these days, of course. Mollie's summer vacation was going to the destination wedding, but vacationing wasn't how she was spending the whole summer.

I don't see doing homework is suspicious at all. Could those of you who do, please clue us in!

jmo

I think it was just plain ol' "summer" rather than a vacation. Sounds like she returned to her hometown over summer and worked (summer jobs aren't vacation). College students can take courses over the summer - my college-age child is doing just that this summer. Courses can be completed online these days, of course. Mollie's summer vacation was going to the destination wedding, but vacationing wasn't how she was spending the whole summer.

I don't see doing homework is suspicious at all. Could those of you who do, please clue us in!

jmo
By vacation they mean Home for summer! As in summer holiday from college.

She made it back to the apartment of her BF after her jog on Wednesday night. She sent him a SC at 10pm. Her computer puts her up and doing some kind of work on it late in the evening. The red shirt she was to wear on Thursday is missing. Her contacts and glasses are at the BF's apartment. Her Fitbit and phone are missing and believed to be with her. She didn't answer her phone at 7:30am Thursday.

Here is what I think. She was up and dressed on Thursday morning, maybe took the dogs for a walk and left the door unlocked behind her or she answered an early morning knock at the door, or someone slipped in through sliding glass doors and it was before she put her contacts in her eyes. I believe we are looking at a neighbor in one of the apartments who has been watching her and noticed that she was alone.

Just my opinion.

Just for the sake of clarity, she didn't send the SC at 10pm, that's when her bf opened it, we don't know when it was sent yet

DCI: “We think she’s still alive,” not scaling back efforts to find Mollie Tibbetts

With LE stating they believe she is still alive leads me to believe that they think she is being held against her will. The perp may be someone who was obsessed with her or someone who admired her from afar. She may not have been aware. It could be someone she knew from high school, someone who works nearby or just an acquaintance since the town is so small. This person may not have had any contact at all with her but might have been scouring her social media accounts for any information about her. They took this opportunity when they saw she would be alone in that house.

I don't think the fact they searched the pig farm means anything. It appears law enforcement got that tip from social media and were perturbed that it was misleading.

What they are possibly alluding to (her being held against her will), seems like something that is kind of rare, or is it not? I know it has happened before, but it seems like it would be really difficult to pull off in a small town where everyone is looking for her. If it is the case, and someone has her, I hope they realize they need to let her go without harming her. I just feel like it would be extremely unlikely that someone local could be holding her somewhere in the town.

All IMOO

My daughter is lose to this age, and a runner. I've been following along but not posting. Although just about anything is possible, I'm getting a strong self harm, or runaway vibe. I don't know that Mollie has the resources to leave and become someone else in another state. I do know some runners like to get away from it all, and run, to clear their head, to deal with stress, anxiety, depression. It's an activity where you are competing only with yourself. You don't have to impress anyone with your skill.

My thinking may be jaded because I have been dealing with the suicidal thoughts, the depression, and anxiety with my own daughter. To most that know her? She's great! She's doing wonderful! To her father, me, and her boyfriend? We're on pins and needles.

Getting a short, OK, reply text would be the normal right now with my daughter. Even a thumbs up, rather than type anything.

I've seen that VCSO link, and her twitter, and she does mention mental health on both. Whether for herself, or someone she cares for, I don't know.

I would hope if it was self harm, she would have been found by now. But people have been overlooked in searches before.

I keep thinking of the young lady, Sierra, while riding her bike.... the area even looks similar. A lunatic was living right in the area! So that's possible as well.

If LE thought she was still alive, and thought she was abducted, wouldn't we see more urgency in getting to her? IMO, it looks like they are searching for a body, and taking all the necessary steps to insure a conviction. But I'm not a detective.

I don't see any connection at all with the suicide and mental health postings. Those have been making the rounds on all forms of social media for several months now since the suicides of celebreties Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain. There was a concerted effort to reach out on social media to anyone who might need help. You could look at my own FB account and think the same things. I was simply doing what everyone else was doing...sharing.

Just my opinion.

Why in the world would she not wear her glasses or contacts to walk the dog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee