DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM. Are you saying you think she was jogging toward/past the pig farm? If so I highly doubt it. My house is downwind of one and the smell is horrible.

The pig farm that was searched was 15 miles away. I'm guessing that her cell phone pinged off towers that triangulated to the farm area. I read somewhere that more farms in the area would be searched.

Attachments

• Mollie.jpg
    Mollie.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 17
Are there taxi options in a rural town in Iowa with population of 1500? And if there was would she have used them? My guess would be no and no. But I would also like LE to confirm who was supposed to pick her up, or I should say I hope they know. Really no need to let the public know if they do or not....but I’d like to know
FWIW, I just used the Uber app to attempt to request a pick up in Brooklyn, and as I expected, the service is not available there.

Anything and everything on the victims social media has always been on the table, at least in the cases I’ve followed. So why would this case be different? Maybe we can get a mod to confirm one way or the other.
I have contacted Tricia because it is ultimately her decision. She will respond when she is available.

The pig farm that was searched was 15 miles away. I'm guessing that her cell phone pinged off towers that triangulated to the farm area. I read somewhere that more farms in the area would be searched.

And discussing pig farms in Ohio. Amazing amount of pigs. Since I am more familiar with the NW U.S.

Ohio reported a total of almost 2.4 million pigs in the state as of June 1, a 16 percent increase year over year, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The state herd is the largest it has been in more than 25 years.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dispatch.com/article/20150708/LIFESTYLE/307089837?template=ampart

They would come to no harm but there would be lots of wee and possibly poop to clean up
Yes, it would be quite the mess I'm sure, and I feel certain that there's some info about this that hasn't been released. I just meant with regards to what her father said in the interview, it doesn't really tell us more about the dogs/ time of her disappearance.

Well, not necessarily. They can absolutely tell what time her laptop was on and whether the homework file was edited at that time, and when it and her phone were connected to the router, as you say. But they can't tell whether she herself was the person at the computer or using the cell phone.

They may only being overly precise about the details. But in a case where a person is missing like this, it's important to be precise.

The perp doing Mollies homework on her laptop after she already went missing would be a first i think.

I agree in general though, we've seen countless perps try to buy themselves more time by texting from a victims phone.

U.S. Sen. Joni Ernst — while stressing she had no major clues herself on the disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts — said her office is involved in the high-profile missing-persons case.
The Iowa Republican, during a visit to west-central Iowa, also raised the possibility that human traffickers nabbed the 20-year-old University of Iowa student more than a week ago.
We are helping the family with some issues,” Ernst said. “There are things we can do in the federal government to assist in helping law enforcement agencies.

The senator declined to provide more details on her involvement in the case.

Without any prompting in questions, Ernst brought up the issues of human trafficking in connection with the Brooklyn, Iowa case. Ernst has been an outspoken advocate — with a trail of bipartisan legislation on her resume — for preventing violence against women, whether in the military or on college campuses.

Des Moines is ranked as a Top 100 city in the United States for human trafficking, Ernst said.

Ernst assisting in Mollie Tibbetts case - Daily Times Herald

I watched that interview and I NEVER saw any SC photo. There is a photo of her with a young looking man on the right with a cell phone in tan shorts, etc., but I don't think it's the SC photo? I don't know who indicated that it was?

Martha Macallum introduced the photo as the SC photo. Obviously, she was not correct or the editing was out of synch with the story.

There is a 'watch thread' button for those that keep posting "...." and "following".....

As a seasoned poster, I’m well aware of the ‘watch thread’ button. I use it everyday. As an FYI, when a new thread starts and one doesn't post in that thread, it doesn’t show up in the ‘watch thread.’ “Following” is a way to mark the new thread so it will show up in the ‘watch thread’ area.

U.S. Sen. Joni Ernst — while stressing she had no major clues herself on the disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts — said her office is involved in the high-profile missing-persons case.
The Iowa Republican, during a visit to west-central Iowa, also raised the possibility that human traffickers nabbed the 20-year-old University of Iowa student more than a week ago.
We are helping the family with some issues,” Ernst said. “There are things we can do in the federal government to assist in helping law enforcement agencies.

The senator declined to provide more details on her involvement in the case.

Without any prompting in questions, Ernst brought up the issues of human trafficking in connection with the Brooklyn, Iowa case. Ernst has been an outspoken advocate — with a trail of bipartisan legislation on her resume — for preventing violence against women, whether in the military or on college campuses.

Des Moines is ranked as a Top 100 city in the United States for human trafficking, Ernst said.

Ernst assisting in Mollie Tibbetts case - Daily Times Herald

Human trafficking is a hot issue, politically and otherwise. I don't give much credibility to a politician in regards to specific case investigations, though. Mollie does not seem to meet the typical victim profile and nothing else at this time points to trafficking, IMO.

As a seasoned poster, I’m well aware of the ‘watch thread’ button. I use it everyday. As an FYI, when a new thread starts and one doesn't post in that thread, it doesn’t show up in the ‘watch thread.’ “Following” is a way to mark the new thread so it will show up in the ‘watch thread’ area.

But why not hit the 'watch thread' button, instead?

RSBM. Are you saying you think she was jogging toward/past the pig farm? If so I highly doubt it. My house is downwind of one and the smell is horrible.

That would be a relatively far jog too. And from what I recall from the map, 20 or so minutes by car?

I have contacted Tricia because it is ultimately her decision. She will respond when she is available.

Hi everyone,

Tricia is looking into this situation. In the meantime, please drop any discussion of Twitter comments that may not be victim-friendly or any other social media comments that are not victim-friendly.

Thank you for your cooperation in this fast moving thread!

If you click on the new thread link, you can click "watch thread" in the top corner without posting. ETA: I am not bothered by the "following" or "..." posts and of course anyone can post how they wish. I found this tip helpful when someone shared with me, is all. :)

Last edited:
Well, not necessarily. They can absolutely tell what time her laptop was on and whether the homework file was edited at that time, and when it and her phone were connected to the router, as you say. But they can't tell whether she herself was the person at the computer or using the cell phone.

They may only being overly precise about the details. But in a case where a person is missing like this, it's important to be precise.

Well, you can only be so precise until it becomes impossible. If she logged into anything, they can reasonably deduce that only she would know her passwords, so she is likely the one who logged in (unless they found passwords listed near the computer). She could have had them auto saved, but I’m sure they can come up with a reasonable assumption based on what was opened and viewed, and durations for each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay