DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there taxi options in a rural town in Iowa with population of 1500? And if there was would she have used them? My guess would be no and no. But I would also like LE to confirm who was supposed to pick her up, or I should say I hope they know. Really no need to let the public know if they do or not....but I’d like to know
FWIW, I just used the Uber app to attempt to request a pick up in Brooklyn, and as I expected, the service is not available there.

"Talent" in running has nothing to do with distance. I am not a talented runner but I have run very long distances.

But I still don't think anybody ever thought she went to the area of the farms on her run. That would be an extraordinarily long run!

I wonder if tomorrow’s presser will just be more of the same things we’ve heard just jumbled up in a different order.

This is how it is described in the article: During this press conference, officials say they will provide updates regarding the investigative response, tip line information, rewards and information from The Missing Persons Clearinghouse.

I'm not expecting any bombshells. :rolleyes:

As well, is it not one of the WS courtesies to not tell other posters how to post ?
JMO

Maybe we cant roll and scroll in this new format

Correct. It is a TOS violation to tell others how to post. If you see a post or posts violating this rule, please do not reply to it. Report it and one of the moderators will take a look.

Martha Macallum introduced the photo as the SC photo. Obviously, she was not correct or the editing was out of synch with the story.

I think when she says "this snapchat photo" she is just referring to the photo they keep referencing...not the photo in the video. Snapchat pictures are usually of something random in a room or a selfie...I, and none of my friends, really ever have someone else take a Snapchat photo of themselves to send to someone. I think it just so happened to show a pic at the time she said that...otherwise, I think she would have went into more detail about the actual picture on the screen...instead of just saying "it looked like she was indoors".

The perp doing Mollies homework on her laptop after she already went missing would be a first i think.

I agree in general though, we've seen countless perps try to buy themselves more time by texting from a victims phone.
The only way I could see a perp faking out her homework and knowing how to submit it would be if the perp was a fellow student or faculty. I highly doubt though her homework was faked...and I admit the thought gave me a giggle

As a seasoned poster, I’m well aware of the ‘watch thread’ button. I use it everyday. As an FYI, when a new thread starts and one doesn't post in that thread, it doesn’t show up in the ‘watch thread.’ “Following” is a way to mark the new thread so it will show up in the ‘watch thread’ area.
Just by clicking on the thread (without even commenting on it) will make it show up in your history tab. It's the best feature! Go to "history" and you'll see the last 50 threads you visited and you can click on the link to go to latest posts. It's great.

If you click on the new thread link, you can click "watch thread" in the top corner without posting. ETA: I am not bothered by the "following" or "..." posts and of course anyone can post how they wish. I found this tip helpful when someone shared with me, is all. :)

I like to post “following” to mark my place. To each his own. But thank you.

Well, you can only be so precise until it becomes impossible. If she logged into anything, they can reasonably deduce that only she would know her passwords, so she is likely the one who logged in (unless they found passwords listed near the computer). She could have had them auto saved, but I’m sure they can come up with a reasonable assumption based on what was opened and viewed, and durations for each.

If she was logged into a Learning Management System, administrators can see the IP address, but I'm not familiar with identifying the type of device used to login. Depending on the LMS, it's typically possible to see which course elements she accessed and the total time that she spent accessing the course. Anyone know which LMS is used at the university she attended? I'm familiar with admin end for several LMSs.

If she was logged into a Learning Management System, administrators can see the IP address, but I'm not familiar with identifying the type of device used to login. Depending on the LMS, it's typically possible to see which course elements she accessed and the total time that she spent accessing the course. Anyone know which LMS is used at the university she attended? I'm familiar with admin end for several LMSs.
I'm pretty sure somebody said in a previous thread that U of Iowa uses Canvas.

Edit: Yes, Canvas. Source: Canvas Adoption FAQ | Information Technology Services

She drove herself to work, and her brother used the car when she wasn’t at work. It is only because he saw the car was there in the morning that he texted her and asked if she needed a ride, but he meant a ride as in instead of walking to the house to pick up the car, he did not mean to drive her to work. She drives herself to work

Are there taxi options in a rural town in Iowa with population of 1500? And if there was would she have used them? My guess would be no and no. But I would also like LE to confirm who was supposed to pick her up, or I should say I hope they know. Really no need to let the public know if they do or not....but I’d like to know

@usernameidk
Do you have a source for how she got to/ from work? My understanding is that she got rides at least sometimes, since articles mention that she got a ride home that Wednesday.

Edited to remove quote and reword so as not to include rumor

Last edited:
She drove herself to work, and her brother used the car when she wasn’t at work. It is only because he saw the car was there in the morning that he texted her and asked if she needed a ride, but he meant a ride as in instead of walking to the house to pick up the car, he did not mean to drive her to work. She drives herself to work
Do you have the link to this? I may have misunderstood but thought the brother's text was asking if she would need a ride home later that day.

Ah, I saw that and didn't connect the dots that it was the mod. I deleted it just in case.
In the future, if you need a mod, click "Report" on the lower left of your own post you have a question about. It will alert the mod you have a question about the post, rather than your request getting lost in the thread somewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member