Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was said awhile back it's believed she has an iphone. I wish we knew if her " find my phone" was on, and who pays the bill, no matter what brand of phone she has. If it is one of her parents, they have access to her phone records. My young adult sons, (and older disabled son,) all pay me their portion of the cell bill- as our multiple line is cheaper. It also gives me access in case ( god forbid) I need it ( yes, they all know that.)

*Still sitting on my hands*

This is my first post and I’m not sure if this makes sense, but could she have been ordering food on her iPhone on the night of July 18th? Maybe a delivery person would have taken her. It probably sounds ridiculous, but the idea has been in the back of my head for a few days now.

I’ve been following this case for a while now, and I wish we knew more information. I’m hoping that Mollie is safe, but I’m very worried at this point.

The news conference said there were two things they were asking the public ..1. if they had any info as to the WHEREABOUTS of Mollie ....or if they know WHY she disappeared to call them .....there was something strange to me about that news conference. It seemed like they were guarding information. If folks knew where she was or why she disappeared, then we wouldn't need LE's help. Usually LE holds some info from the public to see if a POI may slip and give them more detail then they can connect the dots. I feel they know who is responsible they are waiting for that person to break...I hope she is still alive..Logic tells me its doubtful. Hopefully someone will tell soon....
Good point. IMO, someone usually knows SOMETHING. Maybe they don't know all the details, maybe it's just suspicion. But typically when someone commits a crime and they have yet to be caught, they are going to be acting out of the ordinary. It would be hard to imagine they wouldn't tell just ONE person. I have seen other cases where the perp was acting completely out of character and, in the end, this is what got them caught. However, if you are dealing with a professional, I'm sure they are much more composed and know how to not raise flags. Either way, I hope a promising lead surfaces soon.

It was said awhile back it's believed she has an iphone. I wish we knew if her " find my phone" was on, and who pays the bill, no matter what brand of phone she has. If it is one of her parents, they have access to her phone records. My young adult sons, (and older disabled son,) all pay me their portion of the cell bill- as our multiple line is cheaper. It also gives me access in case ( god forbid) I need it ( yes, they all know that.)

*Still sitting on my hands*
Even if her “find my phone feature was off” LE has the ability to request that her phone be “pinged.” They’ve focused extensively on phone, Fitbit, and other technology based leads. They have directed searches based on this information. This will likely play a huge role in not only the search, but any subsequent legal action against any perpetrator(s).

seems those two might have taking off together
I believe that Emily has been found. She is a former student of a friend of mine, and she reported to me that she was found.

I thought that the tornadoes were on the 19th, not the 18th. I read that they were in the evening of the 19th. As soon as I figure out how to post an article, I will do that!

I believe that Emily has been found. She is a former student of a friend of mine, and she reported to me that she was found.

I thought that the tornadoes were on the 19th, not the 18th. I read that they were in the evening of the 19th. As soon as I figure out how to post an article, I will do that!
She was found, alive and well.

One purpose of a press conference is to keep Mollie’s case in the public eye. The more publicity, the more likely it is that they will have someone come forward. Having a press conference is still important, even if you share next to no information.

I think that is a common misconception. I see that exact same thing posted on every cold case thread on Websleuths, over and over again. If it was true, they would all be getting solved. I can't think of even one case solved with nothing more than publicity. Missy Bevers, crazy publicity, the case went 100% cold. Sherri Papini, crazy publicity, fortunately she survived but they case went cold. I could go on and on. Publicity does not solve cases. The only thing that solves cases is good detective work, either by real detectives or by internet wannabes.

Long time reader/fan, first time posting.

<modsnipped-please read page one of this thread>

Next, when a person is missing, there are a few things you need survive for the long term... water, food, money. Where/how is Mollie getting these things and from where if she is alive?

Next, it baffles me when people call-in tips to LE, they never take a video/photo of the subject before they call.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my first post and I’m not sure if this makes sense, but could she have been ordering food on her iPhone on the night of July 18th? Maybe a delivery person would have taken her. It probably sounds ridiculous, but the idea has been in the back of my head for a few days now.

I’ve been following this case for a while now, and I wish we knew more information. I’m hoping that Mollie is safe, but I’m very worried at this point.

I don't believe there is any place in Brooklyn, IA that delivers.

The sighting looks like it’s true, but we don’t know if it was really Mollie.
The sad part is, if this was a legitimate sighting, she will now know she has to be more cautious because she is being noticed. Too bad the camera's at the truck stop seemed to be of no help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tayericson1026