IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying you think he didn’t do this and that LE planted evidence or something like that? I’d say the chances of that are zero.

The is a confession of sorts; it's not a complete confession as we don't really know what happened there are aspects that confirm his guilt.
What in the world could be off? Of course there was a confession.

There was a confession; although somewhat incomplete. There is guilt, as only he knew where to find Mollies body.

Right, people use other names for various reasons, and of course he needed a "valid" ID for the job. No doubt at least some of his co-workers knew his work name wasn't his real name. I just know how curious young people are about each other, especially on SM, and it seems to me if you're undocumented and don't want to risk a super-crisis like deportation, you'd be more careful. A FB friend (often chance acquaintances) can easily turn into an enemy.

Agreed.

I hate to say this but I have a strange feeling about the arrest in this case. It just seems all to convenient that LE wraps it up all of a sudden. Something is just not right.

This is an interesting comment. Can you elaborate on what you find too convenient? It looks very straightforward to me - they found his car on a video - tracked him down - he led them to her body. Boom - end of story.

We are told there was a confession, but do we really know there was one? I don’t want to sound crazy, but this is the first time I have felt this way about a case. LE telling the family to go on with their lives, then Boom an arrest, confession and body found. Something is off.

Respectfully, I'm not getting that feeling at all. He killed her and he's never going to walk free again.

moo

I keep seeing posts about self defense or carrying mace or pepper spray as a way for women to stay safe. Personally I wouldn't even risk trying to fight someone off physically or attempt to spray them in the face with some mace that might or might not be effective in detouring someone who is hell bent on doing something heinous. That's why I carry a gun 24/7. Nothing is as effective as a 9mm shoved in your nose. IMO. But that's just me.

I agree, but if you are not old enough to pack and carry what do you propose? do the best you can with what you can or just give up, either sit at home and be afraid or go on about your life and defend yourself as best you can?

Good Morning! Already drank a pot of coffee thank you.

I have a question that I do not know if this has been asked or posted or if anyone even knows of if I missed it.

Why did it take this neighbor with the security camera footage so long to turn it in to LE??
Grreeeeeat question. I watched the PC again last night and noticed that as well. His words were that they had the footage for a week or two.

Maybe nobody anticipated she would be running near that location? Idk, I’m not sure exactly where this neighbor is located, might not have been that close? Perhaps LE branched out in their canvas?
I need to look at the maps this morning, I haven’t had a chance yet.

I’m wondering what set this perp off (if anything). Thinking back to some cases in the past of perps raping and murdering strangers, sometimes there was an incident in the perp’s (low) life that challenged his ego in some way - boss fired him or threatened to fire him, girlfriend or wife found to be unfaithful or rebuffed him in some way, etc.

Honestly I believe you are over thinking it. Guy saw something he wanted, figured he would take it. I really think it's that simple. I have three daughters, two in college. Conceal carry will save your life.

Do we know what name his coworkers knew him by? Any info on the owner of the car he was allegedly driving? I hate to say this but I have a strange feeling about the arrest in this case. It just seems all to convenient that LE wraps it up all of a sudden. Something is just not right.
All of a sudden? I hardly think that over a month of painstaking investigation would constitute “all of a sudden”. As regards the vehicle, it is my understanding that farms will often have several vehicles registered to the farm that they allow workers to use. Perhaps they needed to determine who was driving the vehicle that night? It really doesn’t matter who owns the car! It matters who was driving it when it was seen following Mollie on the night she went missing.
If you are completely innocent I don’t see how you could lead police to the concealed body of a missing dead woman.

I'm usually very suspecting, and into conspiracy theories, but I can not deal with the fact that people do not like the answer to the question of what happened to Mollie, that they are spinning these wild theories about a political agenda.

Do you really think, the government would want a monster who did this to Mollie loose on the street, to the point they would frame this guy? Do you really think that he would take the fall for this? He was clearly living his life fine here illegally before this.

Just because no one saw this coming, doesn't mean it isn't true. Usually when a confession is made, the body is found shortly after and charges are laid.

Let's not do this to Mollies family. Trust that LE and the trial will bring the truth.

I would like to know who the black Malibu CR was driving was registered to? Was it actually CR’s car that someone else registered in their name since CR is an illegal alien? Was the car borrowed to CR frequently or did the owner only start borrowing the car to CR after MT went missing?

Good. I've seen so many people using her name to further their political agenda. It's disgusting!

This incident can't avoid being made political in the news cycle. It is simply human nature to see everything through your own political lens. It is like how people try to use the names of mass shooting victims immediately after an incident to further their political agenda when it comes to gun control, etc. Obviously, on WS we need to stay above that sort of thing.

'Isabelle said:
I hate to say this but I have a strange feeling about the arrest in this case. It just seems all to convenient that LE wraps it up all of a sudden. Something is just not right.'

For me I think LE should have actively gone looking for CCTV; not waited for someone to respond to a call for CCTV. There are very good reasons for me saying what I've said. So they received the CCTV footage between 3 and 4 weeks into a missing persons case; I believe it could have been obtained sooner.

Respectfully, I'm not getting that feeling at all. He killed her and he's never going to walk free again.

moo
Yes - I 100% agree. "Do we really know there was a confession?" Well...taking LE to her body is (in my opinion) stronger than any worded confession could be. Certainly added to the video evidence of his driving back and forth as Mollie was jogging.

Unless you believe LE somehow knew where her body was - covered it up - staged a fake surveillance video - then framed this "poor innocent illegal" for her murder? Please don't tell us you are thinking that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay