Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's worse than that, I think it's all about power. He posted a pic of guns laying on a bed, he's showing he's powerful. He grooms a minor for a sexual relationship, that's power. He grabbed a healthy woman off the streets and killed her, that was power.
And while there has been no mention, or evident correlation, this could be gang related as well. I emphasize we have not heard of any gang affiliation, but I wonder.
It appears he acted alone, but we don’t know...yet.

Very far fetched, but maybe the wants to go to prison . Shorter work days, less physical labor, shelter, food and medical care. I know this is too far fetched to be true.

Again, why did the murder Mollie and why on that particular day??

RIP Mollie.

Primal urge, he wanted something and was going to get it no matter what

Last edited:
Was just researching some info on Chevy Malibus and apparently older models, maybe before 2014 had a button inside the door to pop the trunk. Newer models use the key fob or a button on the trunk itself.

Edit: punctuation

I know I wrote about this before, but I'm thinking again about the questions to LC about Mollie being "in a home" at 9:45. Makes me wonder if her phone did connect to her home wireless if he drove her past it or near it. Or if the fitbit looked like she made it home (as the neighbor said LE told them it did) because she was driven past DJ's house. Not sure if the times line up or not. Maybe he drove around for a minute with her in the trunk, figuring out where to go.
My Fitbit will sync with my iPhone only when I am connected to a wireless router. Meaning, it collects my steps, heart rate, sleep pattern all of the time, but it doesn’t show up on my fitness app (on my phone and iPad) until I am home.

Yes I see your point and did not mean to infer lack of outrage on the part of her murder. There is no measure for that. I was referring to the outrage surrounding his allegedly illegal status.
For some it's just added insult to injury. Just like his relationship with a minor, it does go to show a wanton disregard for rules and boundaries.

I think one of the lessons in this case relates to the oddball pig farmer everyone was focused on. Remember him? Yes, the guy that had microphones shoved in his face hoping for a confession.
Once again, we learn you can’t judge a book by its cover. That guy will be recovering from his “celebrity” status for a long time.

I know I wrote about this before, but I'm thinking again about the questions to LC about Mollie being "in a home" at 9:45. Makes me wonder if her phone did connect to her home wireless if he drove her past it or near it. Or if the fitbit looked like she made it home (as the neighbor said LE told them it did) because she was driven past DJ's house. Not sure if the times line up or not. Maybe he drove around for a minute with her in the trunk, figuring out where to go.
If you read LC's full quote, it was more of a conclusion that Mollie must have made it home because Mollie wouldn't have been out running after dark. LC was stating Mollie must have been in the home at 9:45 because by then it was dark, however we now know that wasn't possible because by then CR had attacked her.

Was just researching some info on Chevy Malibus and apparently older models, maybe before 2014 had a button inside the door to pop the trunk. Newer models use the key fob or a button on the trunk itself.

He could have parked ahead of her gotten out and asked for her help

He may have had a familiar enough face not to alarm Mollie

I think that when you abduct someone and end your crime by inflicting multiple stab wounds long after it's clear who has the power, the latter is more a component to how you do harm than what makes you 'tick'.

They may not have thought it was necessary. In fact, it may not have occurred to them at all. Education is not as valued in some cultures. Work is more important. What would be the advantage of even going to school?
While I agree, education is not viewed the same in all countries, an education could've opened up more doors for him (opportunities, money). It also could have provided him insight into societal and cultural norms, which in turn may have shaped him into a more a decent human being. Or not. We will never know.

I think one of the lessons in this case relates to the oddball pig farmer everyone was focused on. Remember him? Yes, the guy that had microphones shoved in his face hoping for a confession.
Once again, we learn you can’t judge a book by its cover. That guy will be recovering from his “celebrity” status for a long time.
Shake my head, I know. On the one hand I started to feel sorry for him, but then I remembered his past history and just shrugged. I'm sure when the pig farmer had all the arrows pointing at him, CR thought he'd get away with it.

the more I think about it the more I wonder if he could have showered at the car wash. I know it sounds bizarre but it would clean him and his clothes at the same time. soap right there at the flip of a switch. certainly wouldn't be a nice refreshing shower but could be used for clean up if a person was desperate.

I also feel he may of showered in the car wash. Using a pressure washer he may of figured he'd get the DNA off of himself.

I

I wonder if his Malibu has a glow in the dark emergency release inside the trunk? I think all cars are now required to have this inside the trunk. If that is the case, and his car had it, that makes me believe that she was either unconscious or deceased when he placed her in the trunk.

Shake my head, I know. On the one hand I started to feel sorry for him, but then I remembered his past history and just shrugged. I'm sure when the pig farmer had all the arrows pointing at him, CR thought he'd get away with it.

It will be very interesting to see if the red shirt found was planted by CR

We all react differently.

Were the man someone I vaguely knew from the neighborhood, I would say words along the lines, "Don't make me call the cops. I don't want to have to call the cops. Neither of us want the cops." If he was out of the car coming toward me, I'd be backing away fast. I'd still be trying to deescalate, which might be stupid. Depends on his physical distance to me....

Were the man a stranger, I'd go straight to 911 (certainly if he was out of the car. At that point I'd run & dial). Then my approach would be to scream "I'm calling 911" and hightail it outta there.

We only have his version of her words. The true story may never come out. But this scenario happening to any of us women here is something to consider ahead of time, as I now am.

Dear Feralwriter,

Thank you for your insightful and informative posts concerning safety for everyone. I look forward to your posts.

It is greatly appreciated that you mention the book, 'The Gift of Fear', in your avatar picture.

Your words "Trust your gut always" is a critical message to all of us, no matter our age or circumstance.

I truly believe this.

I gave my daughter a copy of 'The Gift of Fear' a few years ago.

This is a book highly recommended for everyone to read. And not just once. It deserves its own place on the bookshelf.

I learned about this book a few years back from a poster on Websleuths.

Your sentence "we all react differently" is so very true.

Thank you for your well-written, insightful and caring posts.

My Fitbit will sync with my iPhone only when I am connected to a wireless router. Meaning, it collects my steps, heart rate, sleep pattern all of the time, but it doesn’t show up on my fitness app (on my phone and iPad) until I am home.
I guess it depends on how you configure your connections. My Fitbit connects every 1/2 hour through my phone plan. My IPad has its own wireless plan.

This makes so much more sense than stopping the car behind her. Except I think he opened his trunk, not the back seat door. Could have pretended he had a flat tire to keep her from instantly suspecting anything “off” enough to trigger fight or flight response.

Has anyone seen any reference to whether the Malibu was a two-door or 4-door version?

Very far fetched, but maybe the wants to go to prison . Shorter work days, less physical labor, shelter, food and medical care. I know this is too far fetched to be true.

RIP Mollie.
If, and this is a big IF, he has a previous record in Mexico and was sent here to start anew, he may have an outstanding warrant there as well. If he knows he's going to prison either way because he'd be deported, US prison may look better than a Mexican one. But that's all conjecture on my part.

Never believed it was the pig farmer. He just looked nervous and awkward to me.

RIP Mollie.

Murderers and SO are not much liked in the prison system, they endure abuse and assaults quite regularly by other inmates. If this were the case, he'd have been better off to commit a non violent crime such as drug or theft related offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datalord