IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Mexico speaks different kinds of Spanish in different area's I would now think that they get a translater from his neck of the woods that can convey in the exact form of his area.
I do not want to hear CR say that is not my language, I did not understand.
That has been my concern from the beginning. From where I am to Nogales, Arizona the Spanish has some differences. I would even wager to say from Nogales, Arizona to Nogales, Sonora you will find the same thing.

I thought I heard the Judge say he "could" be placed on the sex offender registry? Anyone remember?
I looked up Iowa murder and sex offender statutes last week and it appears that if certain crimes are sexually motivated, one can be placed on the registry. Here are two links re: the relationship between murder and SA. (If you click on the "this chapter" hyperlink in the first paragraph of first link it leads to the second link below):

Presumably she's referring to additional circumstances that may emerge related to Mollie's murder
https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/code/692A.126.pdf
https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/code//692A.pdf

I think you are right, he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, or sharpest tac, or whatever the saying is. I'm actually surprised he avoided getting caught for so long. If a sharp eyed cop hadn't noticed the vehicle, he may have still been free right now.
Isn't it possible this is the first time he acted on his impulses? most of these types build up to it based on what I have read before I think. Just wondering out loud

Because Mexico speaks different kinds of Spanish in different area's I would now think that they get a translater from his neck of the woods that can convey in the exact form of his area.
I do not want to hear CR say that is not my language, I did not understand.

The vast majority of Spanish translators in this country are going to be well versed in the Mexican dialect. It's Castilian as they speak in Spain or other dialects that might cause problems. I don't see proper translation being an issue in this case.

Which is not to say the defense won't pursue it.

Last edited:
Does the statement regarding him leaving her "face up" covered in leaves (or stalks, we don't know) seem odd? Would this typically be in response to a question asked by LE in order to connect him to how she was found? Or would you think it was just a detail he added? I'm just wondering how much to make of it as an odd detail to throw in to his statement.
I thought it seemed odd too.

Does the statement regarding him leaving her "face up" covered in leaves (or stalks, we don't know) seem odd? Would this typically be in response to a question asked by LE in order to connect him to how she was found? Or would you think it was just a detail he added? I'm just wondering how much to make of it as an odd detail to throw in to his statement.

He was most likely asked by LE, that cinches the fact that he knew how her body was placed.

If he wasn’t the one who placed her there he wouldn’t know she was face up and that her clothes were with the body.

"She’d actually seen Rivera at family gatherings in the weeks after Tibbetts disappearance, she said, and the case was even a topic of discussion."

Details Continue to Emerge in Mollie Tibbetts Murder Case – Rolling Stone

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! I wonder if he commented anything at those gatherings

ETA - apparently he did ......

“[Rivera] would comment as well and we would all say that we were surprised and scared because this is a quiet town,” said the aunt, who declined to provide her name. “He never displayed signs for us to suspect that he had anything to do with this.”

40 students per grade, chances Mollie had seen CR are much greater, he probably attended games to watch IM cheerlead

ETA: She MAY not have been alarmed by him if he asked for help or asked if she needed a ride.

I don’t buy that he ran next to her, I think he somehow got her in the car under false pretenses.

My thinking is, if she was scared enough to say she was calling 911, she would have probably started screaming in he grabbed her phone or lunged at her, people would have heard that.

Moo

Last edited:
"She’d actually seen Rivera at family gatherings in the weeks after Tibbetts disappearance, she said, and the case was even a topic of discussion."

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! I wonder if he commented anything at those gatherings

ETA - apparently he did ......

“[Rivera] would comment as well and we would all say that we were surprised and scared because this is a quiet town,” said the aunt, who declined to provide her name. “He never displayed signs for us to suspect that he had anything to do with this.”
To her this means he's innocent. To me this means he's a flaming psychopath. Shaking my head.

That has been my concern from the beginning. From where I am to Nogales, Arizona the Spanish has some differences. I would even wager to say from Nogales, Arizona to Nogales, Sonora you will find the same thing.

Yes but it must be all pretty much the same, not like two completely different languages.
As duster stated above, Spain Spanish would be different, well CR is not from Spain.

According to Fox News, the aunt of Rivera’s former girlfriend (and the mother of his child) called him a “talented young man,” who she’d never seen be “aggressive or violent,” and said she hopes DNA tests end up exonerating him of the crime.

BBM - He admitted seeing her, following her and dumping her ..... how is DNA going to exonerate him?

They are going to defend him no matter what. It is called covering up and lying thru your A$$.

I must have missed that, WAS he a registered sexual offender?

No, at preliminary arraingment the Judge told CR that he might have to register as a sexual offender.

This means to me that the State has a preliminary finding or suspicion of rape, SA, or abuse of a corpse. Under the felony murder rule, a proveable finding of rape supports and allows for a Murder One charge. As the investigation continues, and more evidence develops, further charges may be filed if the weight of evidence supports the charge. CR may never be charged with rape if there is insufficent forensic evidence available because of advanced decomposition of the body, and the effects of weather.

Kidnapping alone should be enough to support the Murder One charge, and CR has already admitted to this.

This question might be a bit much early in the morning, but I was thinking about the cause of death. Interesting how they do not say stab wounds, which is what I normally see.

And then the comment about him being registered as a SO possibly.

Could it be, that she died of sharp force trauma via a sexual assault?
This is a really smart, albeit horrifying thought. Seriously one of the best considered scenarios I've seen about COD and SO comment yet.

Last edited:
And track meets to see IM compete.

Exactly, and at Casey’s or local hot spots, I’m sure, in a town that small, all the kids hung out at the same places from time to time.

Other girls he creeped out say they knew him also, so he probably stalked the HS for pleasure.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members