IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivera is probably mother's last name. I see his father's name is listed as Bahena Radilla so his name becomes Cristhian (Christhian?) Bahena Rivera. Radilla must be CR's grandmother's last name...do only the male surname gets passed down to subsequent generations?? i feel like this is some kind of logic puzzle question haha.
I feel like the pattern is (first name) (father's middle) (mother's middle). So, Bahena would have been CR's grandfather's middle name and Radilla would have been CR's grandmother's middle name. It's like a surname but in the middle for some reason.

Last edited:
You’re trying to envision a route that would take you through the other Points of Interest and end up where the body was located? You can’t do it without wandering around a bit.
and I think he could have wandered around a little bit deciding where he was going to leave her.

I agree. There had to be that odor of death. When a deer is hit and runs off the road and dies I know immediately what has happened and it lingers for days. One of the worst odors ever.
Agreed. I'm not the OP, but I can confirm that the odor of a human body is something that is unlike anything else. Worse than animals. Not to be morbid of course, but my father and I went for a walk down our street a few years ago, and we smelled something horrible near this one particular house. We reported it, and it turned out the man that lived there had been dead for a week. It was in the middle of a Florida summer (August) as well.

I believe it was said to be in Autumn, late September to October. So at least another month until she would have been found.

October is most likely when they would have stripped the fields of all the stalks but when they pick it they have to go into them with the stalks still standing which they still are in all the pictures. By no one finding her in the past 5 weeks they would have either already picked it or will be picking it after Mollie was found. Are there any Iowa natives here that would know when they would harvest their corn, I am not sure of the weather frame there.

This may have been mentioned before as I have not read everything but a few days ago there was a lot of discussion regarding what the distinctive traits were of the black Malibu. Thoughts from the chrome door handles to possible damaged bumper. If you look at the picture where it is being towed it looks like it has chrome rope trim around the Windows- at least the front. This would definitely be a D instinctive feature. Here is link to picture. You have to blow it up to see

The Search For Mollie Ends In Heartbreak - Oskaloosa News
If you pull up the tan car it looks like it has the same molding also. imo

Yes, that’s road is well maintained. I agree, he had to be at that POI at some point or it wouldn’t be a POI. Since it’s a direct shot from the point where Mollie was abducted and his immediate concern would likely be to get out of town quickly before anyone sees him, it makes sense to me that’s the route he took.

Note this route does not go back to Brooklyn, there’s 3 miles of rural area between Brooklyn and I-80. Didn’t CR live somewhere South of Brooklyn and North if I-80? Maybe not... But that is a logical route if he initially headed east just to get out of town then wanted to get back to the TA truckstop without going through town. That would then put him on a very direct tout past WC’s farm en route to the corn field where Mollie ended up.

Worth noting: if he was concerned about whether anybody was following him, these gravel roads make a lot of sense. You can easily see if somebody’s coming your way from a mile away. It would also make sense that if he were southbound on 200th and thought somebody was behind him he’d turn west on 400th (along the route I marked). If that car also turns west on 400th he’s probably being followed, but it didn’t so he continued on his way.

Dang it. Now I must study the map some more with the consideration of those rural roads between Brooklyn and the Interstate. And yes, CR lived on 400th. I suppose if he didn't take such a direct route, he could have gone 430th to 200 and down to 470 past pig farm, then some route to the cornfield from there... I'm going to look closer at your map. Thank you!

Agreed. I'm not the OP, but I can confirm that the odor of a human body is something that is unlike anything else. Worse than animals. Not to be morbid of course, but my father and I went for a walk down our street a few years ago, and we smelled something horrible near this one particular house. We reported it, and it turned out the man that lived there had been dead for a week. It was in the middle of a Florida summer (August) as well.

Yeah, it is an unmistakable smell, and even if you have never smelled death before, you know what it is when you do. And you do not have to be right on it to smell it.

I would kind of doubt if pesticides on the crop would stop flys and insects from seeking out rotting flesh. Plus I am not sure when Iowa brings in their corn but picking time where I am is end of July & August so when Mollie was placed there the ears were already either picked or getting ready to be picked. I wonder when they picked the area where she was? That would tell me that in that 5 weeks that she was missing no one entered those cornfields.
Cornfield is still green where she was. Corn is usually harvested in October or even as late as November when it’s completely brown. I have ridden in a combine and at that point you can actually see what is in the row at ground level pretty well.

I also wondered that about the abandoned buildings around that 430 and 200 spot. One thing I did note when I was studying the map is that there was a pull off just west of the pig farm, too. I wonder if the last digital ping LE talked about from there took place because CR stopped to check it out.
Good thinking. A possibility.

Cornfield is still green where she was. Corn is usually harvested in October or even as late as November when it’s completely brown. I have ridden in a combine and at that point you can actually see what is in the row at ground level pretty well.

So corn is not harvested until October in Iowa? All those cornfields then where Mollie was found is cow corn if it is harvested so late.
Where I am by October/November stalks are already cleared.

So corn is not harvested until October in Iowa? All those cornfields then where Mollie was found is cow corn if it is harvested so late.
Not positively sure on Iowa, but pretty sure Iowa and Ohio (where I’m originally from) are about the same. It definitely looks like cow corn rather than sweet corn to me.

Are you in the south?

Honestly I doubt he was “drawn to her” in the past, nor do I think he was out stalking her but rather just out cruising around town and tried to pick up on her. I wish I knew how he first met his ex... she was a high schooler at Brooklyn, it wouldn’t be unusual that he first met her while out driving around town too.
Hi Mr Needles. I have a question for you about the video you took. In one of them, there is a dirt rd. On the left, after you made a right turn on the road that leads to the electric company on left and the rd to MT's mom's is on the right. You pointed out a dirt road that goes to Grinnel. What is the name of that road and is there a way to access that road from where the body was found? You also mentioned a back road that the locals would take instead of going on I 80. Just wondering because I can't remember if Grinnell is anywhere near the farm or where Rivera lived. I can't find, or even really see a map too well. But I'm thinking it may even be in the opposite direction , I just cant remember where i saw it on the map. Thanks.

Jmo he would be far from the first perp not to think about phone tracking.
In Indiana, a suspect dropped his cell phone in the same area he dumped his victim. I think most people know phones can be tracked, at least anyone who likes spy movies does, but in the heat of the moment it might be easy to forget that detail.

Where I am by October/November stalks are already cleared.
I have seen about 10 posts indicating this, from locals, I believe. They all said around October.

October is most likely when they would have stripped the fields of all the stalks but when they pick it they have to go into them with the stalks still standing which they still are in all the pictures. By no one finding her in the past 5 weeks they would have either already picked it or will be picking it after Mollie was found. Are there any Iowa natives here that would know when they would harvest their corn, I am not sure of the weather frame there.

Harvest time depends partially on when it was put in and when it's dry. It could be October to November depending on dry down and weather (maybe late September with an extremely dry summer). And when harvesting that late it's going to be field corn. Sweet corn or field corn for consumption would be much earlier.

Not positively sure on Iowa, but pretty sure Iowa and Ohio (where I’m originally from) are about the same. It definitely looks like cow corn rather than sweet corn to me.

Are you in the south?

No the northeast so that was why I was asking about Iowa's harvest time. Cow corn would make perfect sense which means late harvest and no one would have visited those fields until then. Unfortunately because it is cow corn that would be harvested with combines and they might not have even see her and gone right over her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay