IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this might of been mentioned before; he could of headed way in front of her; pretended that the car had broken down; had the bonnet and boot both open; she stops running (from what we know she would be concerned - kind-heart); she offers the use of her mobile. The boot is open, he hits her on the head, etc.
I agree he saw her then oark d and came up with a story.

I think this might of been mentioned before; he could of headed way in front of her; pretended that the car had broken down; had the bonnet and boot both open; she stops running (from what we know she would be concerned - kind-heart); she offers the use of her mobile. The boot is open, he hits her on the head, etc.
And then comes up with a story about chasing her down and finding her body in his trunk?

This has been studied for decades. There are many types of sexual assault, as well as many types of sexual offenders. It's not simple reductionist.

Read: Handbook of Sexual Assault: Issues, Theories, and Treatment of the Offender

And sometimes the best laid plans go south 5 minutes after contact with your target.

Very good post and point Stormy.

And sometimes the best laid plans go south 5 minutes after contact with your target.

Very good post and point Stormy.

And I suspect 'etiology' changes over time. Certainly the introduction of 'social media' alters behavior.

Even biological factors change. There are more hormones in the water supply. There are more outlets for *advertiser censored*. And even the epigenetic factors change expressions of DNA.

I tend to be a geneticist in terms of etiology, but one cannot deny the effects of culture and society and abuse.

Are you serious? There’d be line-ups, it’s that prevalent? Where you live the #metoo movement hasn’t made a difference?

Does that suggest lack of taking appropriate action against harassment contributes to a male sense of entitlement and in CRs world, if females tolerate harassment was Mollie was the first to stand up against it?

I don’t know, if it were 1970 that might be so but in 2018???

And I’m not suggesting LE will take every complaint of harassment seriously but that surely shouldn’t prevent females from filing a report about incidents where they’re left feeling endangered. The reason is, if the perp later becomes even more aggressive to that same person or others, those reports form a valuable paper trail.
Like I have stated in a previous post, in my experience the police will not fill out a report or make any move unless there is a specific threat, involving details such as how, where and what. I tried to get a restraining order once against a women who had threatened to knock on my door and punch me in the face when I opened the door. I had just brought my 2 day old infant daughter home and I was alone. The police talked me out of it. They said this happens 20 times a day ,they see it ALL the time, and what usually happens is the other person will say I threatened her too, and they would have to arrest me and put my baby with CPS. I understand that is not the same as calling out to a women and making them uncomfortable, I just don't think it's feasible to assume one is going to file a report every time a man makes them nervous. Men haven't changed just because of the Me Too movement , and that is a totally different situation than a guy trying to pick up girls. Yes, it still happens. Everywhere. Imo Also harassment involves happening over and over again over a period of time. Not just one incident. A person must first let the person know their advances are unwanted, and then if it continues it then becomes harassment. So yes, I'm serious! If women went to file a report every time a man made unwanted advances the police would be very busy. Imo Also to answer your question , the Me Too movement hasn't made a difference at all in my area, I think it's just something people see on the news. Sadly.

I don't think anyone views being locked in a cage as a lifestyle choice.
Depends on where you came from. I can recall times in my life that would have been a better choice. But that’s just me. I can’t figure his motivation or thoughts and sadly IMO he made the wrong choice that night. No matter the reason or circumstances Brooklyn lost a bright light for no real reason.

...and that may be exactly why she died of multiple sharp-force injuries, a seemingly overkill. Perhaps when he saw that things were not going as he had planned, he just killed her in rage. After all he had done up to that point, it isn't likely he could let her live and stay a free man. JMO

It's possible that multiple knife (or other sharp object) injuries were inflicted at the end of a sexual assault because the suspect wanted to eliminate the witness, but that is not always how it works.

What if the thrill and sexual gratification is in the act of stabbing, or injuring and harming the victim? That means the assault starts with violent injuries and ends with the suspect's abnormal sexual gratification from the violent attack, rather than starting with sexual gratification and ending with eliminating a witness. If sexual gratification is related to violent injuries, then the victim is going to die and it has nothing to do with eliminating a witness, but rather is the reason for the abduction.

And I suspect 'etiology' changes over time. Certainly the introduction of 'social media' alters behavior.

Even biological factors change. There are more hormones in the water supply. There are more outlets for *advertiser censored*. And even the epigenetic factors change expressions of DNA.

I tend to be a geneticist in terms of etiology, but one cannot deny the effects of culture and society and abuse.

One would hope that epigenetic change would make us better as a whole, in response to the prenatal environment. Why does Mother Nature always have to side with the hidden flaw?

However even the Sociopath has a place in the grand sceheme of survival of the fittest, the species, the tribe and the village. Someone has to be able to disassociate and turn and run when the rest of the tribe is doomed!

It's possible that multiple knife (or other sharp object) injuries were inflicted at the end of a sexual assault because the suspect wanted to eliminate the witness, but that is not always how it works.

What if the thrill and sexual gratification is in the act of stabbing, or injuring and harming the victim? That means the assault starts with violent injuries and ends with the suspect's abnormal sexual gratification from the violent attack, rather than starting with sexual gratification and ending with eliminating a witness. If sexual gratification is related to violent injuries, then the victim is going to die and it has nothing to do with eliminating a witness, but rather is the reason for the abduction.
Right. Sometimes the sexual motivation is the murder itself. Or at least the ultimate gratification. Imo

Depends on where you came from. I can recall times in my life that would have been a better choice. But that’s just me. I can’t figure his motivation or thoughts and sadly IMO he made the wrong choice that night. No matter the reason or circumstances Brooklyn lost a bright light for no real reason.

I don't believe that anyone prefers life in a cage over poverty. The suspect had everything going for him, but he has a screw loose. He had a good job, a home, a family, and the freedom to hunt joggers. He did not choose life in a cage over the life he had. He simply arrogantly assumed that everyone was too stupid to figure out that he is a murderer.

But Mr. Bahena Rivera’s quiet demeanor sometimes stood out in jarring ways.

A neighbor said he did not always follow the local custom of acknowledging him when Mr. Bahena Rivera drove by in a Chevy Malibu.

And, more alarmingly, a woman said he made her uncomfortable with a romantic advance and repeated Facebook messages in the middle of the night.

“He would just stare. He wouldn’t really like talk,” said the woman, Brooke Bestell, 20, who had turned Mr. Bahena Rivera down when he asked her out on a date. “Something about him was off.”

Others found his behavior more troubling. Ms. Bestell, the acquaintance who declined a date with him, said he would not make conversation when she encountered him in person, but he would send repeated social media messages over a period of months.

“Just over and over, like every week or so, he would message me again,” Ms. Bestell said, including as recently as June 13 at 3 a.m.

After he was arrested, two of Ms. Bestell’s friends told her that he had also messaged them online over the years. “I don’t know how many other girls he probably was trying to talk to,” she said.

"I know Cristhian from my sister. She thought he was a nice, well-spoken person. They hung out a few times but nothing really happened romantically," Gibson said.

She started feeling uncomfortable around Rivera after he approached her in a manner similar to how he approached Tibbetts.

It was more flirty than sexual but my sister is very shy.She didn’t appreciate it."

"She told me that a little while ago he drove up to her while she was walking through Brooklyn," Gibson said. "He told her she was really pretty and things like that. It was more flirty than sexual but my sister is very shy. She didn’t appreciate it."

"Even though she knew him a little she felt unsafe and didn't want to talk to him. In the end, she was really creeped out by his behavior. She had to keep telling him she wasn't interested."

Another man — who was only identified as Justin — claimed that Rivera followed his fiancée in his car.

“I remember her calling me when she noticed how slow he was driving by in circles, turning around the block to keep up with her several times on her walk home,” he said.

“I vividly remember one day, it was around sunset or just after, my fiancée called because she was scared."

Justin said she was returning from getting groceries when Rivera drove past her at least six times.

"Now it’s really strange because of how long he’s been driving around like that. It makes you wonder if Mollie was his only victim.”

How the Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts’s Death Built a Life in an Iowa Farm Town

New Details About Cristhian Rivera's Unsettling History — Including How He Followed Another Teen Girl In His Car Before Killing Mollie Tibbetts

It sounds like he had been cruising for quite awhile looking for a vulnerable target/prey .

Circling someone six times shows not only how bold he was on his predatory hunt but how obsessive he was about it.

The more these young women rejected his creepy behavior the more he was determined to find a victim who couldn't get away when they also told him no.

I think his pent up lust and repeated rejection to him made him rage. When he saw Mollie alone...trapped..with no way to escape..he knew this time it wouldn't matter if she rejected his unwanted advances. This time he would take what he wanted.

I think he felt such delight when murdering Mollie. He probably called her every disparging...degrading word he could think of blaming Mollie for all of it.

Imo..he felt any woman should think they were lucky to have sex with him. Never mind none of these women wanted any part of him.

This was never about the women and what they wanted. To him...this was all about him feeling entitled to say what he pleased and do what he felt
entitled to do to poor Mollie who never stood a chance when she was the one he had picked who he knew would not be able to escape his deviant desires.

The more I read about him the creepier he becomes to me.

Imo

Last edited:
Are you serious? There’d be line-ups, it’s that prevalent? Where you live the #metoo movement hasn’t made a difference?

Does that suggest lack of taking appropriate action against harassment contributes to a male sense of entitlement and in CRs world, if females tolerate harassment was Mollie was the first to stand up against it?

I don’t know, if it were 1970 that might be so but in 2018???

And I’m not suggesting LE will take every complaint of harassment seriously but that surely shouldn’t prevent females from filing a report about incidents where they’re left feeling endangered. The reason is, if the perp later becomes even more aggressive to that same person or others, those reports form a valuable paper trail.
The “me too” thing resulted in public figures and politicians getting called out and employers scrambling to tighten up their conduct policy before they got put on blast. I don’t see that the young men who want say harassing and even downright vulgar things to women they encounter in public are affected by it in the least.

I don't believe that anyone prefers life in a cage over poverty. The suspect had everything going for him, but he has a screw loose. He had a good job, a home, a family, and the freedom to hunt joggers. He did not choose life in a cage over the life he had. He simply arrogantly assumed that everyone was too stupid to figure out that he is a murderer.
Sounds to me like a pretty good life compared to where he came from. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member