Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the first we have heard about her being found without her shorts on? I don't recall hearing that before.
Yes- don’t think revealed. Prosecution also asked about additional level of decomp in that part of body. Will be interesting if that is addressed in ME testimony. And if that indicates being uncovered or SA or… what? There’s a reason it was mentioned. Imo

This testimony about how she was found and that some of her clothes were found a distance from her body indicates to me that CBR had quite a bit he withheld from his confession.
I don’t believe at all that he blacked out, realized he had her in his trunk and carried her into that field and left her. I think he snatched her, drove her there and raped her and then he stabbed her and left.

I don't know about y'all but I'm feeling a bit nauseous. I'm going outside for some fresh air and maybe have a good cry. :(:(:(

Beautiful Mollie...
t4560.gif

180901-mollie-tibbetts-ew-827p-2552551.jpg

Image source: Suspect led investigators to the body of Mollie Tibbetts, Iowa prosecutor tells jurors (nbcnews.com)

Also been watching the trial. Has it been said here that she was friends with the suspects girlfriend on facebook?

I can't believe how the defence butchered it for him. I mean, he is so blindingly guilty (he literally took them to her body) but making the jury watch hours of footage of him sitting there because they are trying to say he was too tired, coerced, they planted a confession by making him sit and eat/drink for half an hour.....?

MOO

This testimony about how she was found and that some of her clothes were found a distance from her body indicates to me that CBR had quite a bit he withheld from his confession.
I don’t believe at all that he blacked out, realized he had her in his trunk and carried her into that field and left her. I think he snatched her, drove her there and raped her and then he stabbed her and left.
I wonder if they will address the point-of-interest map LE released during the search for Mollie. It had dots at several locations: the house she was staying, 385th Ave, a rural intersection with nothing but an abandoned barn, and a spot south, near the pig farm, iirc. I'd like to know what "events" happened to make the two southernmost dots significant.

Your theory matches that of @MassGuy's from over 2 1/2 years ago.

An excerpt from the post linked below:

[...]

He attacks Mollie during her run, and is able to neutralize her (with a fist, a knife, or some other means).

He has to get her to an isolated location in order to sexually assault her (lack of official confirmation of rape notwithstanding). So he puts her in the trunk and drives to a secluded spot.

He carries Mollie a short distance, into the corn, where the rest of the attack occurs. He covers the body before leaving, and if he has not already, removes her phone and Fitbit, for destruction.

[...]

IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #37

Your theory matches that of @MassGuy's from over 2 1/2 years ago.

An excerpt from the post linked below:

[...]

He attacks Mollie during her run, and is able to neutralize her (with a fist, a knife, or some other means).

He has to get her to an isolated location in order to sexually assault her (lack of official confirmation of rape notwithstanding). So he puts her in the trunk and drives to a secluded spot.

He carries Mollie a short distance, into the corn, where the rest of the attack occurs. He covers the body before leaving, and if he has not already, removes her phone and Fitbit, for destruction.

[...]

IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #37
Thanks Pommy. Spot on MG...miss you!

Her family, this is just heartbreaking. Are they at the trial?
No, there is no public allowed in the courtroom -- streaming by numerous sources.

ETA: According to Court TV - there is a private, over-flow courtroom where Mollie's family has been viewing the trial. I wasn't aware of this until today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member