Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they will address the point-of-interest map LE released during the search for Mollie. It had dots at several locations: the house she was staying, 385th Ave, a rural intersection with nothing but an abandoned barn, and a spot south, near the pig farm, iirc. I'd like to know what "events" happened to make the two southernmost dots significant.

I think those are the areas where Mollie was last seen - from the surveillance camera and the testimony of the salon owner, if this is the map you are referring to.
Interactive: Browse Mollie Tibbetts Investigation points of interest
interactive-browse-mollie-tibbetts-investigation-points-of-interest

This testimony about how she was found and that some of her clothes were found a distance from her body indicates to me that CBR had quite a bit he withheld from his confession.
I don’t believe at all that he blacked out, realized he had her in his trunk and carried her into that field and left her. I think he snatched her, drove her there and raped her and then he stabbed her and left.
Yes, I think this just sort of confirms what we have all suspected all along.

But how could you just not show emotion? There is no way I could hold it together if I had been told specifically I had to!

I thought his eyes looked a little watery when they got to the graphic pictures JMO. Some psychopathic murderers/rapists show no emotion or remorse. I think he knows he's busted, so whether this was remorse or just fear for himself, IDK.

Per Court TV: One male and one female juror had to look away when they first started showing photos of when Mollie was found.

Her family and friends are in an overflow room at the courthouse.

Chris Gothner KCCI on Twitter
Saw some very graphic photos of #MollieTibbetts' body in the cornstalks. Johnson testifying to it. @KCCINews #BahenaRiveraTrial
11:45 AM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Denise Hnytka on Twitter
Black shorts were found near her body along with pink band of fabric (headband) and striped underwear. This sketch shows her body position relative to where the items were found. @wqad #mollietibbetts

11:49 AM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Shannon Moudy on Twitter
Nearby in the corn, Johnson found the black shorts 15 ft. south of the body, a possible headband found 24 ft. away from the body. Striped underwear found around 34 ft to the southwest.
11:51 AM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Denise Hnytka on Twitter
Jury seeing pictures of the clothing items found near her body. Assuming now this means those items were removed and tossed, as the body was covered under those corn stalks. Shoes and sports bra found on the body.@wqad
#MollieTibbetts

11:54 AM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App

Nicole Agee on Twitter
The court will break for lunch. The trial will resume at 1:15PM.@KCRG
11:55 AM · May 21, 2021·Twitter Web App
GOOD! They are breaking for lunch right after seeing those heartbreaking photos....and hearing her shorts and underwear were removed and left 30 feet away from her remains...They can think about that for awhile, before they hear more defense testimony about him only getting one sandwich and being so tired...

This testimony about how she was found and that some of her clothes were found a distance from her body indicates to me that CBR had quite a bit he withheld from his confession.
I don’t believe at all that he blacked out, realized he had her in his trunk and carried her into that field and left her. I think he snatched her, drove her there and raped her and then he stabbed her and left.

This certainly explains the lack of lots of blood in the car. I can't see him or anyone murdering her on the side of the road because it would be took much time to be seen. It makes more sense he hit her and put her in the trunk. Drove her there and was fighting him some so her shorts came off in one spot, then underwear or they were thrown. I suspected the motive was SA, but they never said that or suggested it till now. I think it is a very common reason to murder a stranger especially man on woman while she is out running. Other things I can recall would be if he accidently hit her with his car and panicked then tried to hide her, but she wouldn't be missing clothing and she wouldn't be stabbed. All my opinions based on other cases I've followed or heard about.

A young journalist with the Daily Iowan took photos of the jurors. She won't be allowed in the court room for the remainder the trial. The judge assured them that their photos will not be appearing in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C