Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hhhmmmm...confident she'll come home...

Confident she'll be coming home alive? I have to remember he is young and that I don't know a baseline for how he handles stressful situations....but no plea for help, no misty eyes, so relaxed? Just curious.

I think the police know more than they're sharing. They usually do.

I think more details will come out soon.

I could be wrong...

but

I live in a very rural area in KS. The town nearest (which is probably a bit smaller than Mollie's hometown) would not have any Uber type trans. available. The bigger town that is 30 -40 mins away would, but I would think that would be super expensive.
Mollie was an intern at her day camp job. It hasn't been stated if she had a paid or unpaid position. If her position was unpaid, she couldn't afford uber rides.

Are there any locals here? The
Poweshiek county fair is going on right now. Does it usually bring a huge crowd to the area? Would there be a bunch of out of towners in Brooklyn with the fair going on? Is there a hotel?

Family, boyfriend of Mollie Tibbetts clear up misinformation surrounding case

With the case gaining national attention, it’s also leaving a lot of space for misinformation. Many posters around town either spell her name wrong or say she’s 19, not 20. Her aunt said one of the biggest misconceptions she’s seen on social media is where Tibbetts was the night that she disappeared.

“That she was out running when it happened, that's not a correct timeline,” said her aunt, Kim Calderwood. “The run happened and then she was at the house as far as we know. I don't think she would've run in the dark.”

Her boyfriend of nearly three years, Dalton Jack, told TV9 he opened a Snapchat around 10 Wednesday night, where she was back inside dog sitting.

“Just a selfie with a caption like any other normal snapchat, but the background looked like she was indoors,” said Jack.

Breakin would have left the home in disarray...info would have leaked? She traveled to NY in June, and had a trip to the Dominican Republic coming up? Ride to work is a loose thread? Search has been called off, as new leads surfaced. Last twitter post was 8:21 pm July 17th, (not sure where to post a pic of that post).
Mollie also stated (in June) she was attending summer school? Colfax Sand and Gravel is West, just off 80, on two bodies of water. Let me know where i can post pics please.

I know I am a few pages behind, but I just want to note that we are currently in a situation where car-sharing is going on in our family. My 21-year old daughter just graduated from college (and started her "real job" today!), and my 19-year old daughter is home for the summer. So, between them, myself and their father we have 4 people and 3 vehicles. Luckily, I am off for the summer, so I don't need a car every day, but if I do there is a lot of "I'll drop you off and Daddy will pick you up..." along with other scenarios, and sometimes these discussions don't happen until the morning when everyone is ready to leave. We know it is just a temporary situation until the little one goes back to college, so we do what we have to do to make it work.

I don't see an issue with her brother checking with her in the morning. It would be really nice to know if she did have a ride to work, but maybe he just needed to know if she needed to be picked up at the end of her shift.

Also, my oldest daughter said that the Snapchat should say when the last picture of her was sent (for example "Sent 3 hours ago"), so the boyfriend should know when she sent it, unless he wasn't paying attention because he didn't realize it would be the last one he would receive.

Sorry this is so long, but I am consumed with this case, especially since both of my girls are around her age. The youngest one played a soccer game at Grinnell last year, so I've been in the area and it just seemed like such a nice area of small towns. I hope they find her soon!

I've been following since the beginning with hopes that Mollie will reappear with the message that she needed a break. Sadly, I don't believe that will be the case.

I think that LE is keep most information from everyone, including family. In a small town like Brooklyn, they would have to keep any information very close to the chest to avoid tipping off a potentially local perpetrator. I sincerely hope they have some information that will bring some answers for her loved ones.

I think suicide is the least likely and a perpetrator known to her to be the mostly likely.

So many questions....and few to no answers....will continue to hope for a positive outcome.

Taking the yellow google guy for a walk, it appears to me that a camera may be mounted on the roof of the TIP Electric Cooperative. I'm wondering if that camera was operational? Was it live only or taped? If taped, then checked before recorded over?

Last edited:

From the article (also includes a video interview with boyfriend and aunt):

Dalton Jack said he's been dating Mollie Tibbetts for close to three years now. He said he was one of the first people to notice her gone.

"I was the one who threw red flags," said Jack.

Dalton said she was dog-sitting here at his house Wednesday while he was in Dubuque for work and his brothers were in Ames. That's why when she didn't show up to her job on Thursday morning, they knew something was wrong.

"She hadn't called in, said Jack. "I looked at my phone and noticed I texted her good morning that morning and she hadn't looked at it so I got ahold of her friends and family."

Thursday morning.... running late, she is wearing the red shirt. Decides to run/walk to moms and call/text brother on the way to ask about car. Same time someone somewhat familiar from work or neighborhood rolls by and asks if she needs a ride that does not end well. So many employees at Grinnell in the area.
Could it possibly be that simple?

Maybe it's because I recently re-watched The Killing Season, but it bothers me that there are 2 truck stops of I-80 4 miles from Brooklyn and I can't shake the stories around sex trafficking along Interstates and the truck driver serial killings.

I am also wondering if there is a connection to someone who also worked at Grinnell Regional Medical Center. They would know Mollie's work schedule and have a general idea of her daily schedule (like when she would be awake, getting ready for work, letting the dogs out, etc.)

I'm sure LE is looking at all of these angles and more. I was born and raised in small town rural Iowa, so I can understand why her story is having such a strong impact statewide. These things don't normally happen in towns like Brooklyn.

I am pages behind, my apologies if this has been posted. The sex trafficking thought was mentioned on the Finding Mollie page.
Someone posted that usually girls/woman, younger than Mollie are taken. And being that Mollie is 5' 3, she could easily pass for a younger age. Some also wrote that living close to two major interstate highways and the ease of transporting people, that sex trafficking is more prevalent in this area. I do not know if this is true. I just remembered this being discussed.

When do rewards come into a situation? Has this been mentioned, or is a reward not always the case?

Last edited:
Are there any locals here? The
Poweshiek county fair is going on right now. Does it usually bring a huge crowd to the area? Would there be a bunch of out of towners in Brooklyn with the fair going on? Is there a hotel?

I am an hour north of Brooklyn. Usually the town the fair is held in is crowded.... in this case it would be Grinnell. Everything happens there.

From the article (also includes a video interview with boyfriend and aunt):

Dalton Jack said he's been dating Mollie Tibbetts for close to three years now. He said he was one of the first people to notice her gone.

"I was the one who threw red flags," said Jack.

Dalton said she was dog-sitting here at his house Wednesday while he was in Dubuque for work and his brothers were in Ames. That's why when she didn't show up to her job on Thursday morning, they knew something was wrong.

"She hadn't called in, said Jack. "I looked at my phone and noticed I texted her good morning that morning and she hadn't looked at it so I got ahold of her friends and family."

That’s not what he said in this interview from a few hours ago

“He was working in Dubuque the day Mollie disappeared, and only found out after friends and family called him late Thursday afternoon.”

Mollie Tibbett's boyfriend confident she will be found

Thursday morning.... running late, she is wearing the red shirt. Decides to run/walk to moms and call/text brother on the way to ask about car. Same time someone somewhat familiar from work or neighborhood rolls by and asks if she needs a ride that does not end well. So many employees at Grinnell in the area.
Could it possibly be that simple?

Ugh, yes, it could be. That reminds me of Yingying Zhang :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members